THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    My croc from the Ruaha river... photos added

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My croc from the Ruaha river... photos added
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Just brought him home from the taxidermist and he was to big to have in the house for our
Christmas get together.. but all the children kept opening the door to look at the size of him.. Will post a better pic tomorrow...
This pic is before the taxidermist did his magic... Eeker

Mike Eeker

all photos taken ... http://picasaweb.google.com/retreever/MikesCroc/photo#5147201504802419858

Shot on the Ruaha River in the Selous with Pierre van Tonder Safaris August 2006

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a big gator!! How long is he?

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
In a straight line he is 15.5 ft. Will post a pic of him finished.. He has an outstanding collection of monstrous teeth...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Mike, what a lizard!

More pics, please!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Next time, let him grow up a little! Big Grin

Very nice. No telling what that nasty lizard has eaten over the years...a little bit of everything.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
where in the hell will you put it? Nice croc BTW

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mike,

A truly fabulous flatdog....... but you've made me nervous. - I have to swim in that bloody river from time to time! Confused

one of us
posted Hide Post
retreever,

Hell of a 'dile. I think hunting them is way under rated. Congrats on a great trophy.

I have a 13'7" croc from the Zambesi but I'm trying for a bigger one in Mozambique in '09.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful croc. I have wanted to hunt one of these for a while now. I certainly don't want to change the subject but is that a full-body tiger mount behind you in the first picture?

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Coyotehunter very observant...yes it is a full mounted Siberian tiger... It is the taxidermists..

Mike

One of Us
Picture of brian simmons
posted Hide Post
great crock mike make a great body pillow Big Grin

brian r simmons

Posts: 186 | Location: nj | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of namibiahunter
posted Hide Post
Great croc. Tell us what you used to take him and where did you hit him.

Lot of shoes there.

Namibiahunter

Posts: 665 | Location: Oregon or Namibia | Registered: 13 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to the story, shot it with a 375 300gr TSX....

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=301100135#301100135

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike

It turned out great!

By the way, the cheesecake shot you posted is typically done on a bear skin rug - but, it works for you Big Grin

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
That is quite a croc my friend. Where is he going to go?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Manion:
By the way, the cheesecake shot you posted is typically done on a bear skin rug - but, it works for you Big Grin

Um, that's beefcake but you didn't hear that from me.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Retreever,

Also got my first croc in the Ruaha River, but not a specimen as you have, approx 13 ft. Your croc has the best set of teeth of any mount that I have seen. Is that the original head-teeth-bone structure?? My shot destroyed the head so have a insert head and teeth. Also had a problem of where to put the darn thing. Seems it is easier to accomodate a full body mount of an antelope that a full skin croc wall hanger. Let us know where this guy ends up!

Nice job, I am sure you will have the story in Dallas.

Dakota

Posts: 495 | Location: USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
retreever , congrats on a helluva 'dile. As mark said , hunting a big guy like that is underrated , i personally think they are one of the coolest trophies out there ..

well done again

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Dakota here is the pic before the taxidermist did his magic...Skull cap was still in tack...He died from a fractured skull..

All are his teeth and they are huge...

You can see the entrance ho;e on the left and fracture and exit on right side ...

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Mike, you sure have some great pictures and experiences. I agree, croc hunting is great fun!

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice croc!

A question to anyone out there; the nostrils of the croc has been "carved out" by skinners (1st pic on above post) - I assume to better dry it. Is this the preferred method by Taxidermists?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice Croci.... Well done !

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
What's his name?

Congrats. Wink

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19358 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highbrass
posted Hide Post
Great Croc! Thanks for all of your help this year and best of luck in 2008

"Anything he did not accomplish as a pupil was my failing as a teacher" Max you will be missed Aug-02 1999; May 20, 2008

Posts: 119 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 15 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My, that's a big one, Mike! Congratulations!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Mike, that's awesome. I can only aspire to that.

Ryan

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote