Find
Notify
Tools

African Dreams Dashed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is the only elephant hunting I will be doing for about 15 years Big Grin

Posts: 373 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Raise that super cute kid to be a brain surgeon to fund hunts to Africa for the rest of your life.
You're a lucky gent!
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double BC:
This is the only elephant hunting I will be doing for about 15 years Big Grin

Fantastic! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67008 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good looking elephant

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
It's time well spent!!!

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First I thought that was a tuskless but I now do see a little ivory.

Enjoy him! In 15 years time he will be hunting too! That's your hunting buddy right there.

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, my 14 year old daughter shot better than me!!

We shot a Remington 700 PSS in 223, and we were trying to get some once fired brass to reload for her.

We used bulk Sellier and Bellot FMJ ammo.

I fired one 5 shot group to show her how it is done.

She then sat down and fired 5 shots, which were almost half the size of my group clap

Never been happier to be beaten at shooting clap

Posts: 67008 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

We shot a Remington 700 PSS in 223, and we were trying to get some once fired brass to reload for her.

She then sat down and fired 5 shots, which were almost half the size of my group clap

Nothing better in the world than when your children start doing something better than you can, means you raised them right!

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaglav:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Nothing better in the world than when your children start doing something better than you can, means you raised them right!

That's great news, she was probibally concentrating pretty hard to impress you.

Thanks guys, he's a great kid, I couldn't be happier.

Posts: 373 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Cute little devil you've got there.
You'll have more fun teaching your kids and watching their success than you had your self when you were learning and growing up.

Watching my oldest son at 12 cleanly fold the first duck he shot. My youngest son at 6 spot (before I did) his first deer and take it with 1 clean shot. My daughter at 3 reel in her first fish then take it upon herself to run as fast as her little legs would carry her back to the house with it so she could eat it.
These are the best memories I possess.

Enjoy your little one!

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've the same issue....

Posts: 1427 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
How cool is that baby boy?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to both fathers and mothers. I know they will follow in their father's steps. Adorable.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FFemtRN5287:
I've the same issue....

Nice!

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Got to love it!

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Raise him to be a good hunter.

Posts: 10932 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is all that really matters anyway. Things sometimes work out. I remember flying back in 02 from my first Safari wondering how I would afford to go back. June next year will be no 18.
Good luck to you and your family!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He will go with you in about 10 years. Save your quarters and it will add up....

Posts: 10194 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Enjoy, when Junior started getting into shooting, I couldn't keep enough ammo at the house

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding all around. Saeed, the ultimate reward for a teacher is when the student surpasses him. Congrats.

Posts: 10035 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Outstanding all around. Saeed, the ultimate reward for a teacher is when the student surpasses him. Congrats.

One of my past students won an Olympic Gold Medal!

I remember sitting him on my lap with his arm over the stock of a .410 shotgun, which was on my shoulder, and directing him to shoot doves!

He is my younger brother.

Makes me even more proud than all the trophies I won in America beer

One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
These will be your life's GREATEST TROPHY

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Double BC, you've got one heck of a fine elephant right there, congratulations! I lived the part you're talking about with my own two. Enjoyed my 3rd safari in 1989 when my first child was 18 months old. A bit over a year later, his sister came along and there were no African hunts for quite a few years, but the next time I went they were right there with me.

You've got a great future hunting partner. My most enjoyable hunts have all been with my son, usually when he has the tag and I'm helping him on his hunt rather than my own hunt. If my son wasn't so addicted to bass fishing these days, we'd get to do more hunting together still. Enjoy every day with that little guy.

Posts: 3858 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Lol
That's a future hunting partner.
I've got three!!!

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote