THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Comment on Kathi Wilde of Wilde Travel
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comment on Kathi Wilde of Wilde Travel
 Login/Join

posted
I am just putting this out a as "heads up" for people using Kathi for travel plans.

I found Kathi, highly recommended, on this forum, earlier this year. I used her services with complete satisfaction for a New Zealand trip and and an African trip this year. I recommended her to a friend who traveled to New Zealand as well.

In early August, another friend, on my strong recommendation, contacted Kathi about a combined business and pleasure trip to Europe with several countries over 10 days, leaving October 5. Kathi responded by saying she would start making plans and would be in touch with details.

Subsequently, Kathi thanked me for the reference and said she would be taking of travel plans for my friend.

My friend spoke to her a couple of times in the next month, was assured plans were coming togethor. Kathi told my friend she was leaving for an African trip in early September, would be gone for a couple of weeks and would send final plans and tckets when she got back in late September.

My friend call in late September, asks when the tickets are coming and gets a deafening silence for an answer. Kathi then comes back with "let me check on the status of your tickets". That wa the last time my friend was able to talk with her. Kathi would not answer her phone and would not return phone messages.

With no tickets and no contact, my friend had to cancel his trip, disappointing his wife and his most important business client.

Kathi has not returned my repeated phone calls and messages to investigate this matter .

I don't have a grudge against Kathi. Perhaps something tragic happened to her or her family that caused this unprofessional behavior. I don't know nor have I been given any explanation.I obviously will not be using her services in the future and wanted to let other travelors be aware of possible problems.

Posts: 22 | Location: chicago il | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Seeker:

Loyalty is an important virtue. Try it sometimes.

You got good service several times, but upon finding out that something had gone belly-up with your friend's trip, you, admittedly before finding out the why, spread derogatory "facts" around the internet.

If you find out that there is an acceptable reason for the problems with your friend's trip, how are you going to "fix" the above comments. Sometimes the internet sucks.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I've heard a lot of really good things on this site, I will use her myself
Think maybe there's more to this story then we're hearing!! shame

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
seeker, you are way off base here. You are talking second hand thru your friend. I would suggest you are not getting the complete story.

Kathi is topnotch and at times works magic with what is ask of her. You should have spoke to Kathi before embarassing yourself with your comments here.......................JJ

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Kathi made my arrangements for my trip this Past May to Namibia. I found her very, very responses to all my questions, needs, worries, whatever. I dont know what happened and it appears neither do you. As Judge says, its best to gather all the facts before posting. Its like a judge telling a jury to ignore that comment. whether its right or wrong, the comment is never forgotten.

I suggest you find some more info.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
You might want to take a hard look at the edit function on this site.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
My opinion is private business disputes should be handled in private, and that particular basket of linen should not be washed here. Especially if you are not the principal.

Next I guess Kathi will post that the traveler was "...not a real traveler". <---humor Wink

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
You guys can suck up to her all you want, but I'll never use her again either.

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan are you making that decission based on this poster "seeker", if so I do pity you for being so gullable. Last spring I booked a hunt thru the DeCostas and they required me to do my air thru them but when it came to finding a place to overnight in Vic Falls they said I was on my own. I contacted Kathie for this very small piece of business and she could not have treated me nicer and this was the first piece of business I had ever done with her. The lady has CLASS! thumb

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Kathi arranged travel for a number of our people, including getting them visa, and everything was orgenized very well.

Based on this experience, we would certainly be happy to use her services again, and would recommend her without any reservations.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68677 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
I'm making the comment based on my own experince... I pity you for not being able to read the word "again"...

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan I misread your comment but stand by my post otherwise.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
I think the post is a fair comment, but as was stated I'd bet there is another side - or at least an explanation. I have worked with Kathi on my last three trips, am working with her right now on something. I also consider her to be a friend. As she has gotten busier, thanks in part to the referrals and business from the members of the forum, I'd bet the workload has increased. Factor in the ever-changing flight schedules and special requests that we as semi-educated (and sometimes demanding) consumers have, and yes, I have found that I need to call/email several times on occasion especially at peak times. But I think this is usually because she is dealing with other immediate issues. Such as when I was calling from a satellite phone in Zambia and wanted to change my flight plans, or when in Zim during the SAA strike for suggestions how to get home. Or somebody needing legitimate immediate attention. Her pricing is very good, and she does not charge for services that she really should and/or others do (such as visa applications, necessary forms, etc.). For me, this is a very workable and enjoyable relationship.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of formerflyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seeker:
I am just putting this out a as "heads up" for people using Kathi for travel plans.

I found Kathi, highly recommended, on this forum, earlier this year. I used her services with complete satisfaction for a New Zealand trip and and an African trip this year.
. . . . .
I obviously will not be using her services in the future and wanted to let other travelors be aware of possible problems.

So, let me get this straight:

You’re neither the purchaser nor agent (seller) in this transaction. Your own firsthand experience with the agent was “complete satisfaction.†An associate of yours had what he claims was a bad experience, but you have no firsthand knowledge.

So your response to this is to trash her in public in front of her friends and clients?

There are always three sides to every story: What party #1 says, what party #2 says, and what actually happened. Might I suggest that before thrashing someone’s hard-earned reputation you might try to find out more than one person’s story?

Use her or don’t use her for your personal needs, I have no problem with you making that judgment based on hearsay, but to go to the premiere overseas hunting forum in the world and attempt to tar and feather her is inappropriate. I’d like to join the chorus of those suggesting you find the Edit button and use it.

"If you can get closer, get closer. If you can get steadier, get steadier."

Posts: 117 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: 14 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I don't know Kathy, but she's always seemed to be a good person from what I see on the net and comes very highly recommended and I will probably use her when I book my trip to Africa because of what I have seen here on AR.

BUT, people have jumped all over "seeker" for not getting the other side of the story and for posting it on the net. When, I quote:

quote:
Originally posted by seeker:
Kathi has not returned my repeated phone calls and messages to investigate this matter .

I don't have a grudge against Kathi. Perhaps something tragic happened to her or her family that caused this unprofessional behavior. I don't know nor have I been given any explanation.

It seems to me that "seeker" has been trying to get the other side of the story but has not received any answers to phone calls and emails.

I am not criticizing Kathy or making any judgements about her but merely pointing out that IMHO "seeker" has tried to do the communications but is not getting any response.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
I've got no dog in this fight.

BUT in principle, I thought that is what this forum was for... to disucss issues "good or bad."

From the AR homepage...
"We are not affiliated to any company involved in the shooting and hunting sports. So what you will find here are our actual experiences, good or bad."

If someone has a bad trip report - should they report it here... or should it only be reported here if the company it reflects upon unforably doesn't have a user that posts here? bewildered

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:

BUT in principle, I thought that is what this forum was for... to disucss issues "good or bad."
:

I agree. And my agreement is not to be read as an agreement with the position of the original poster.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
If someone has a bad trip report - should they report it here... or should it only be reported here if the company it reflects upon unforably doesn't have a user that posts here?

Excellent point. In my opinion this Forum is becoming too influenced by people who have commercial interests. I don't mind people selling things on the Forum. It is when their presence suppresses honest reviews and frank dialog, that it becomes a problem. The readers should always consider the source and whether there is a potential "sale" involved.

To be frank about it, one might be surprised by the amount of information that is transferred via PMs and emails, just because it easier than getting into a pissing match on the internet with those that use this Forum for their advertising and whose opinions are often biased in a way as to promote their own products/services.

Caveat Emptor

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
new-guy,

I agree with you about what this forum is all about. The problem here is with the information given. How can there be a discussion about the issues "good or bad" with a second hand report. We know nothing about what really happened. This report is worthless as far what I learned.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cannot speak of your friends specific incident, but the efforts that Kathi made for me were very professional, courteous, and informative. I must say, that I would and shall gladly use her service again in the future. Kathi definitley gives the personal touch to her clients and I greatly appreciated it. I've used other services and have not experienced the attention to the fine details, that Kathi gives.

Posts: 158 | Location: Satsuma, Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
Seems to me we need to hear the defendents side of the drama? bewildered

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have no issue with Seeker's post except one: it is his fifth post - which means he is probably an existing member using a different name and does have some other agenda.

Terry:
It would be a great service if you could list those users who post under identical IP addresses.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dougaboy:
new-guy,

I agree with you about what this forum is all about. The problem here is with the information given. How can there be a discussion about the issues "good or bad" with a second hand report. We know nothing about what really happened. This report is worthless as far what I learned.

Doug

Agreed. My point (as stated) was in principle, not targeted at this topic in particular.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Irregardless of what transpired...The fact is that the original post was typical of what happens these days....everybody wants instant gratifiaction and when they don't get it, they feel compelled to create foregone conclusions in advance of the facts.

The better way to handle this would have been to PM one of the regulars here on the forum and see if there is actually some sort of emergency in Kathi's life.

Somebody will feel like shit if she has ended-up with something along the lines of the aforementioned.

Furthermore, I am confident that whatever the REAL reason was for this "alleged" infraction, Kathi will set the record straight.

I ask that this thread be removed from the forum.

Jeff

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Here's my question: to those of you who have strongly suggested that seeker use the "edit" button, may I ask why?

What is there to edit? The post clearly states pros and cons. Seems to me like a few of you have a problem with someone sharing an experience that seeker's friend had. Why?

Ever hear of good faith? Is there a rule that I missed somewhere that states that ALL posts must be firsthand experience? No hearsay please!

C'mon, give the guy a break and the benefit of the doubt. I don't know if there is another agenda based on 5 posts or not.

Before I read any responses to the original post, my take was that here's a guy that tried to do business with a highly recommended agent and in this one instance it failed to work out. Despite anyone's best efforts, nothing is 100% all of the time. Perhaps Kathi did have a personal emergency of some sort. Perhaps she completely dropped the ball.

Seems to me like seeker simply posted a good and bad experience in one swoop and it ruffled a few feathers of "friends of Kathi" so now the guy's a target. That makes ZERO sense to me.

What do you say to this: I did business with huntersfriend.com. Exceptional service. Couldn't be happier. Some fletched arrows were less than impressive---I had a new dozen shipped next day air at less than half price to make it right.

I recommend them to a friend. He spends about $1000 on new archery equipment. Several problems with cables, bow, and rest. NO SERVICE. NO returned calls, and they have yet to return his emails, and this began before we went out of town on the 23rd of Sept.

Should I continue to use them? Should I not? I don't like how they treated my friend after delivering me exceptional service. In fact it makes me look bad to refer my friend to them and he is treated like this.

That's my take. If seeker has some other agenda, I'm unaware of it, so I'll take his post at face value instead of GUILTY until proven innocent.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
You guys calling for Seeker to delete his post have no right to censor him. You are telling everyone that any negative report in the future will be suppressed before we hear both sides of the story.

Kathi gets a lot of business from this site. If you have had a good experience with her, then post it in her general defense. However, your past successful experience with her does NOT mean that she didn't drop the ball on this one.

There are four basic outcomes from this post.

1. Seeker is a liar and trouble maker and we will find that out. Kathi will suffer no damage because of this post.

2. Kathi will have a valid reason for her inaction. Kathi will suffer no damage from this post.

3. Kathi has no valid excuse for her inaction. Kathi's reputation will suffer.

4. The truth will be somewhere in between Seeker's version and Kathi's version and each of us will have to make a judgment call on whether to use Kathi's services in the future.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry:

Maybe you didn't see my suggestion, but it might help weed out the bullshit if you would post those IP addresses of multiple users with the same IP address. That way if a user is posting under two names, we can at least know that.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Terry:

Maybe you didn't see my suggestion, but it might help weed out the bullshit if you would post those IP addresses of multiple users with the same IP address. That way if a user is posting under two names, we can at least know that.

Contact Don, that ability/decision is above my pay grade. Smiler

Regards,

Terry

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
I have no issue with Seeker's post except one: it is his fifth post - which means he is probably an existing member using a different name and does have some other agenda.

Terry:
It would be a great service if you could list those users who post under identical IP addresses.

Good pick-up!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc,

I just want more facts when an accusation that could do as much harm as this one is presented. The stakes here seem much bigger than a dispute with a store. I wish that seeker would have waited until he knew more before opening this can of worms. He decided to post today. He easily could have waited.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Presumably Kathi is around, after all she started a thread on land taking in Namibia on October 7 (Saeed's time).
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dougaboy:
Doc,

I just want more facts when an accusation that could do as much harm as this one is presented. The stakes here seem much bigger than a dispute with a store. I wish that seeker would have waited until he knew more before opening this can of worms. He decided to post today. He easily could have waited.

Doug

Doug, I don't blame you but I still respect everyone's posts here. In terms of a can of worms being opened, well, that is true but some folks simply call them as they see them.

The ONLY reason I even entertained this thread is because I'm going through a similar issue, which I posted.

But, this forum is what it is. And I'm confident that everyone hopes that Kathi is fine as well as anyone else she's close too, no family emergencies, etc. BUT, I still find it a tad bit bold that some of the responses called for "loyalty" and "use your edit button" when in fact, Seeker did write VERY clearly that his experiences were essentially second to none.

There's nothing wrong with being "loyal" but there's also nothing wrong at all about making a decision to never use the services again from the service "provider" when one bad incident has occurred, be it personal or of a friend.

It is also not wrong to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

This whole thread wouldn't sway me one way or the other to use or not use Kathi's services.

Essentially, Seeker posted a "reference" so to speak. Moreover, from what I read, he's satisfied with the facts he has and posted accordingly. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, or that I agree.

What I am saying is that if there's disagreement with a post because it's not something you would do, or some of the other guys, it sounds like it is still a legitimate complaint. Who knows, maybe Seeker thought he was doing everyone a favor. OR maybe he does have some agenda and is spawning negativity.

I'd like to know Kathi's response.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never met Kathi, had never even conversed with her until I booked my hunt with HHK earlier this year. Upon several recommendations by members on this forum I trusted, I contacted Kathi for my travel plans to and from Zimbabwe this year. She handled my request professionally and we have become fast friends since. She went well above and beyond anything she had to do to provide the best service possible and to ensure I had a great first safari. She's a wonderful person, truly one of a kind. I really think the world of Kathi. Count me in her corner.

For those interested, Kathi and her husband were in Zimbabwe at Lemco for about 3 weeks until around the 23rd of September. I'm sure she's been absolutely swamped since returning. My hunt overlapped with theirs (I still did not get the opportunity to meet her and her husband), and I returned home this past Monday.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
doc,

I agree with you much more than I disagree. I want people to post freely on their experiences, good or bad. I just hope that posters realize that comments such as these have real consequences to real people.

Doug

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've never met Kathi, had never even conversed with her until I booked my hunt with HHK earlier this year

_________

Much looking forward to your hunt report, Dave and here's hoping you gave that D. Wiebbe(sp) takedown a real workout while you were there. Smiler

DB

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry gentleman but I dont agree with a lot of you. I have used Kathy in the past and was less than pleased. I didnt make it public then and only do so now to show there is always another side to a story. However that really isnt my point here either. The point is that information should be shared freely and certainly questions asked. It dosnt matter if it
is one of our most liked regular posters or someone posting for the first time. Everyone has the right and should be able to ask a question and or make a public statement. You then of course have the right to answer and or disagree however you wish. The sharing of information is what this place is all about. It is not about bashing anyone. Many things are of an opinionated nature, but so is most of life. I personally like to have as much information as possible, good or bad to be able to base my own decisions on.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:

:

I agree. And my agreement is not to be read as an agreement with the position of the original poster.

I agree.

But three points:

1. The net is interactive. Both sides can state their argument. Only heard one side so far. Where is 'Kathi'?

2. I always give a big 'question mark' to 'hunt reports' or service reports especially adverse ones that are made by anonymous posters.

3. Lastly there are too many "protected species" on AR.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
There are always good and bad experiences when dealing with people. Some here have had nothing but good dealings with several of the more "commercial" posters here, while apparently there are others who have not. There cannot and should not be any sacred cows, IMO. Until Kathi herself responds I suggest we all sit back and relax.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anybody accusing someone of wrong doing should post under their real names if they expect any sort of credibility! The people involved here might have a very valid complaint, how can you tell?
At best we have a one-sided story, retold by a third party.

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok, so we give credit to posters that dont provide their real name in stories of "good" doings, but on bad doings we dont? Seems odd to me.

GTR

Posts: 111 | Location: florida | Registered: 17 February 2003Reply With Quote