THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Comment on Kathi Wilde of Wilde Travel
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comment on Kathi Wilde of Wilde Travel
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
I think that there are "favorites' on this forum and there are "non-favorites". You are "in" or you are 'out". Kathi is IN and therefore everyone leapt to her defence without knowing anything. Ann Horsman is IN. 500grains is in..he goes hunting and there are 5 pages of people falling over themselves to wish him luck (plus a few people stirring...!). Just for the record, before I get flamed by the "regulars", I used Kathi for my trip to Namibia last year, She seemed to be just getting started, and everyone was recommending Gracy. Well, I used Kathi and had no problems at all. That does not mean that Kathi is infallible, just that in my case things went well. 500grains has also been very helpful with his knowledge of doubles both on the forum and via PM. If you are "IN", then the "regulars cut you more slack. There is a higher standard required if you post something negative about someone who is "IN".Just FWIW.
Peter.

After reading all the post I do agree with Peter on this and other boards you are either IN or your OUT. Am I IN??? I don't have a clue and don't really care. I do piss Will off every now and then, which can be fun clap

I will also say that post like this and the relpys to it are one of the reasons I no longer like to name the people and companines I hunt with. It seams no matter what happens, someone ends up getting hurt or pissed off. I've recommend folks in the past based on my hunt but then a guy goes on that hunt and has the worst hunt ever he's ever been on. Comes back and is mad at me! NO thanks, I don't need the problems.

As to the topic at hand I've made calls and e-mails to several of the people who post services on this board. Most have replied, some went out of their way to help me and one or two, even after I tried 3 or 4 times to contact them, NEVER replied. Hey, shit happends and I moved on! Its pretty much a buyers market, if someone won't help there is people out there that will, you just may have to look a little harder.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
EVERY successful business reaches a point where prior organization techniques fail. How they deal with the failure is the test of how good they are.

GS

one of us
posted Hide Post
My name is Charlie Tuppen. I live in NE Texas. I contacted Kathi about a short notice, discounted hunt offered on here about a year ago. I told her when and where I needed to be, indicated I had some flexibility in scheduling, and needed a price quote on airfare to Dar(since it was short notice, I knew it was going to be high, and how high was one of the determining factors, I informed her of this, that I was a "thinker" in my initial email). After a couple of emails, confirming details, she said, "I'll get back to you tomorrow." Never heard another word. I'm not in the habit of hounding someone for results, so after a few days had passed, I moved on. Not because of her, but partially as a result of the delay in getting ticket prices, I didn't go. I repeat, NOT because of her. However, I'll book elsewhere in the future.

All the cheering section can do what they want with this information, maybe Kathi's business is higher volume than she can handle, I don't know, but I know what good service is, and should have stuck with my previous agent.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
That's about as straight-sounding experience as they get, written in an even tone. Based on that account and a couple others here, I'd not use Kathi's services. Sorry, but I don't like being left hanging by anyone, especially when time is of the essence, a concrete previous agreement was made to get back to me and I'm poised to spend hard-earned money.

Drumming up and running business using internet chat rooms has its ups and downs, eh? Anyway, best for the consumers to get opinions from both sides of the satisfaction fence.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
That's about as straight-sounding experience as they get, written in an even tone. Based on that account and a couple others here, I'd not use Kathi's services. Sorry, but I don't like being left hanging by anyone, especially when time is of the essence, a concrete previous agreement was made to get back to me and I'm poised to spend hard-earned money.

Drumming up and running business using internet chat rooms has its ups and downs, eh? Anyway, best for the consumers to get opinions from both sides of the satisfaction fence.

It sure seems like some of you all are bent on putting Ms Kathi out of business.

Looks like a lot of negative talk hidden behind an agenda.
I would think that if I didn't wish to use her service I simply wouldn't. But posting as to why I wouldn't use her for whatever justification is not really needed and smells like competitive agenda to me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
After thirty years in the service business, there is one thing I learned that is forever true:

When you make an honest mistake like Kathy did, don't duck the issue or hide behind voice mail or e-mail. Call the customer, confess, ask for forgiveness and see what can be done.

The mistake here was Kathy not responding to the customer or worse the friend that recommended her. She should have been more loyal to to Seeker than anyone.

Normally a quick response good or bad will overcome a screw up.

Business lesson for the day.

Sprig

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:

It sure seems like some of you all are bent on putting Ms Kathi out of business.

By the sound of it, she's got plenty of business and lots from AR; good for her. But if you're going to benefit from word of mouth at a place, you better be careful, because that same word of mouth can work both ways. I for one want to hear about people's experiences, good AND bad. Putting her or anyone else out of business doesn't even make my 50th tier daily concern list. Knowing what outfits to avoid based on others' bad experiences is something I want to know.

quote:

My agenda is learning all I can about all factes of the future trips I'll go on, so that when I do go back to Africa to hunt, I don't get bamboozled by an incompetent operator that ultimately throws a wrench in my enjoyment of the trip.

quote:

I would think that if I didn't wish to use her service I simply wouldn't. But posting as to why I wouldn't use her for whatever justification is not really needed and smells like competitive agenda to me.

Well, we've all got opinions, wouldn't you say?
I stated mine. Competition? It's good for the consumer. Were you insinuating that I had something at stake here financially? If so, you're barking up the wrong tree, fella.

KG

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
quote:

By the sound of it, she's got plenty of business and lots from AR; good for her. But if you're going to benefit from word of mouth at a place, you better be careful, because that same word of mouth can work both ways. I for one want to hear about people's experiences, good AND bad. Putting her or anyone else out of business doesn't even make my 50th tier daily concern list. Knowing what outfits to avoid based on others' bad experiences is something I want to know.

quote:

My agenda is learning all I can about all factes of the future trips I'll go on, so that when I do go back to Africa to hunt, I don't get bamboozled by an incompetent operator that ultimately throws a wrench in my enjoyment of the trip.

quote:

Well, we've all got opinions, wouldn't you say?
I stated mine. Competition? It's good for the consumer. Were you insinuating that I had something at stake here financially? If so, you're barking up the wrong tree, fella.

KG

Just telling ya how it looks to me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a service industry an if one is not happy with the service one moves on. Simple as that!

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is a service industry an if one is not happy with the service one moves on. Simple as that!

Not if I'm the one that got bent over; believe that.

But since I wasn't, I agree. Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think this thread has run it's course. Just about averything that should be said, has been. As usual on this forum, I have learned, and that's good.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
Can we talk about Charlize Theron now? Big Grin

Dave

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used Kathi for my trip this summer. There were 7 of us and we went from pittsburgh to Atlanta to Joberg to Vic Falls to Maun and back to Atlanta and then Pittsburgh. Rooms were needed in Joberg and Vic Falls. Advice was needed. The bottem line; the advise was good, the rooms were good and the Air, well, it was as good as air travel gets now days. The problems that cropped up were not her fault, nor under her control. There were times between when I first called her and my departure date when I didn't hear from Kathi, but then again, I didn't really need to hear from her. I believe that she runs a one woman show, or at least a very small office, and at times she put my job aside to work on others. What counts is that when I needed it, it got done, and done properly.
In this other case Kathi dropped the ball, that happens to all of us, she has, however admitted her mistake and apologized.
Personally I think that it's time to drop this.

TerryR

For those who don't like incomplete names, the R stands for Reese.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by almostacowboy:
Can we talk about Charlize Theron now? Big Grin

Dave

YES. What do you want to know?

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
The obvious query relates to her being, or not being a bonaf.., er, boner-fide blonde.

Jeez, almost blew the spelling there for a minute

Well? Smiler

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
If she really is blonde, why does she dye her roots dark?

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Isn't it about time to put this thread to rest?

DC300

Posts: 334 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 12 September 2004Reply With Quote