THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Two fine Crocodiles - Bahati, Mozambique

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two fine Crocodiles - Bahati, Mozambique
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted
These two crocs were hunted over the last few weeks by Bahati hunters in Coutada 10, Mozambique. Fine specimens of about 14ft and 15 1/2 ft respectively ...

Johan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice crocs. It takes a few years to grow them that big. There's no telling what those nasty lizards have eaten over the years...anything and everything.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bahati,

Nice crocs and I see Marius is still a fixture in Coutada 10. I was in camp with him in 2001 but I had a different PH on that trip.

I'm trying to decide whether to go back to tZN in 2008 or try Zambia for the first time or Mozambique for the second. The crocs have my attention!

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Croc hunting is the best!

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Wonderful trophies. UEG, I agree. Croc hunting is very challenging, and much fun.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Johan,

So you will promise me a croc larger than the 13" 7" I have? Nice lizards! The one I shot was one of the most unique and enjoyable hunts I've ever been on.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
I've been talking to Johan for some time about representing him. I just returned from my shakedown trip with 2 clients and we had a great time. Everything far exceeded my expectations and I will be representing him from now on.

Johan has great buffalo, hippo, and croc, but his area is a sable, suni, red duiker, and waterbuck paradise. I saw over a dozen waterbuck over 28 inches in 2 days. I took one around the 30 inch mark, and my client, John Wood, took a 33-inch monster. I also saw as many as 200 sable on a couple of days.

You have to see that croc's skull to believe how massive it is. The difference between a 10 or 11 footer and a 15 1/2 footer is like night and day.

Greg Rodriguez
Global Adventure Outfitters, Inc.
www.GAOHunts.com
(281) 494-4151

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great hunt congrats!

From the looks of the saggy bellies on those crocs. I'd say thet haven't eaten anything in a long time. They make my american lizard look down right short and fat.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Great trophies..

To many of you a 12 foot croc is big but cannot compare to one in the 15 + foot class.. Those guys get massive mine was 24 inches across the head...They look like a monster out of a scary movie...

Mike thumb

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted Hide Post
Nice Crocs Johan !

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bull1:
Bahati,

Nice crocs and I see Marius is still a fixture in Coutada 10. I was in camp with him in 2001 but I had a different PH on that trip.

I'm trying to decide whether to go back to tZN in 2008 or try Zambia for the first time or Mozambique for the second. The crocs have my attention!

Bull1

Bull1

Yup, Mara's still there and will be for a long time. Super PH and a very likeable guy. The camp staff wanted to know from him the other day, when he's taking a local wife, as he's been there so long - he is viewed as a local!

Knowing Marius, you'll enjoy that!

Johan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The difference between a 10 or 11 footer and a 15 1/2 footer is like night and day.

Mine was 12 foot and takes up a LOT of floor space. I don't know where I would put a 15 1/2 footer!

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote