THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Trophy Fees for Wounded and Lost Animals
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Fees for Wounded and Lost Animals
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We would be better off in North America if wounded animals count on the license!

Absolutely. And it would go a long way toward getting rid of the ultra long range shooting on TV. Craig, I know you know Dave Sturm at Silver Spur; we have both hunted there. He had a "long range" TV show (I think we all know who that is) that has been pressuring him to provide a hunt. I told Dave to host the show, but do it with a contingency: if they wound the animal, they pay the full price of the hunt and the hunt is over.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have lost 2 big game animals in my life. One whitetail and one elephant. The important part is the upfront understanding.

The airlines lost my clothes and ammo. The PH loaned me a rifle, but I was not confortable with it. However, it was me that shot too fast, and lousy. The PH and trackers gave it their best, but the ele made a beeline for the park. My poor judgement, I paid.

The fates were kind however. Got my clothes and ammo later. Killed a nice ele, with my own rifle.

I have no complaints against anyone, but me. I will go again, as soon as I save the money. Hopefully I will only loose one animal per continent.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If your wound it you own and and you pay for it. I really have no tolerance for "Let's tip the game scout and see if we can shoot another one" I was in a camp in Zambia where the other "hunters" were paying off the scout daily. It was a little sickening. The hunters were slobs and thought money could make up for their total lack of skill. If a safari operator has plenty of quota and offers to let you shoot another of XYZ that's fine. Paying your way out of poor shooting can't make you feel good in the long run. Just take responsibility for your actions.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12877 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
... I bring blood,, i pay,,,

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
I've been hunting to Africa twice, and on each trip while hunting in Namibia, I wounded a gemsbok and ended up losing them both. Blood was found, great efforts were made to track and find them, even dogs used on the first trip. On the second trip in 2008, while tracking the wounded gemsbok bull, we did spot a lone gemsbok standing in some bushes, but weren't 100 % sure it was my hurt bull and so didn't shoot,and in the end it was lost when the blood trail stopped and his tracks got mixed in with other gemsbok. I guess I was pretty lucky, since gemsbok are plentifull in Namibia and it was not huge trophy fee, tho losing those animals was far worse then forking over the cash. Each PH had plenty of quota on these and I was able to get shots at others and successfully take them. Also have to say Ive lost 1 deer while hunting, after wounding it, tho the blood trail was weak to start with and after hours of searching, well it just didn't pan out. Still makes me sick to think of the lsot animals, so I practice as much as I can and hope for the best on each hunt.
Willi

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My brother lost 2 warthogs and a blue wildebeest on our trip. Then he put away his bow and grabbed a rifle. No more lost animals. I did feel a little bad (just a little) when he finally took a warthog. That warthog cost him +$1300. animal

What about a discount on an animal that you drop with one shot. No tracking or backup needed! Maybe 5% or 10%?

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those gemsbok are not what they appear Frowner... like jumbo .. one has to know where to place that bullet ... trial and error is way too expensive ... thumbdown

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote