New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hippo Hunting on OLN
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I watched Doug McNeil and Peter Chipman hunting hippo in the Luangwa Valley on OLN this evening, wish I would have taped it. Anyone else watch it? I'm booked with Johnny DuPlooy for a similar hunt in '08.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adrook:
I watched Doug McNeil and Peter Chipman hunting hippo in the Luangwa Valley on OLN this evening, wish I would have taped it. Anyone else watch it? I'm booked with Johnny DuPlooy for a similar hunt in '08.

I think it is coming on here at 11:00 Dallas time - or at least Dangerous Game is, the satellite does not have a program description.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
That's a good show. Best of Luck!! Hope you can find one on land too.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charles,

Yes, it was on Dangerous Game, comes on here again at 12:00 Midnight (11:00 Dallas time), I'm going to watch it again.

Steve,

I'm hoping for one on land too. I'm taking a .375 but if that happens maybe I'll need a bigger rifle! Wink

Cheers yall,
Andy

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
It's on again right now on the east coast! Big Grin

Since I hunted with Peter and Sarge in 2004, I've seen them on numerous TV shows and DVD's. They are absolutely like they appear to be, excellent hunters, sharp-minded, easy to talk to, and wonderful company. It is great to see them doing well and getting so much exposure.

The dry land hippo hunt on this one was neat. I don't think he was "charging", but head-on at 6-paces...thats pretty close! The last few Dangerous Game shows have been better then the early ones I think.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adrook:
Charles,

Yes, it was on Dangerous Game, comes on here again at 12:00 Midnight (11:00 Dallas time), I'm going to watch it again.

I have the DVR humming as we speak.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I saw it, very good hunt. The hippo they took was a good one, it looked like it had been badly gored by another bull.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It had been on earlier this year, but we watched it again anyway. It's on again Sunday Morning, I think.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That old show is where I first noticed Peter Chipman is carrying a Merkel .470 NE double to back his clients. He started that sometime after his lion mauling with Wes Hixon as client. Good of Wes to shoot the lion off of Peter.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
RIP, Peter said the first thing he did was go out and buy the .470 Merkel. He still carries a .375, but when getting close the tracker hands him the double.

The latest Dangerous Game on OLN (Zambia croc & Zambia hippo) are newer (this season) I think. Peter was also in World of Beretta w/McRaney once or twice, and one other one last year, plus Marc Watt's two latest DVD's. Hard to keep track of these shows... Peter is the first to admit that Hixon's video was largely responsible for his surge in popularity. Good thing too, as that was 100% Wes's video including all the proceeds.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I just watched it half an hour ago. Pretty interesting.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote