Find
Notify
Tools

Facebook
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,

The below was on my business FB page this AM. What world does this person live in? Are hunters really in some parallel universe completely separated from these nitwits?

Mark

FB,am I reading this right? Is this an ad for hunting live animals? If it is how dare you allow it? I'm f***ing pissed extremely discussed with you. Take it down NOW !!. I have every intention to report this! !

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12915 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As some cultures would say, 'They have lost the center of the universe'.

Of course, just plain stupidity plays a role as well.

Posts: 2599 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess another question I have is WHO would she report something so egregious to?????????

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12915 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
I would politely explain how it's more fun to shoot live animals, rather than ones that are all ready dead.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 364 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
I guess another question I have is WHO would she report something so egregious to?????????

To facebook community standard - if it gets enough pressure will take down your page.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Mark,
Mike is correct.

I believe there is an agent that posts here that you know that had his Facebook page taken down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36812 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I regret to say I have a Facebook account. I'd love to find that specimen and address this issue with a Louisville Slugger.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16514 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Me too Bill.

It has been the downfall of African Hunting for sure.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36812 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
And this is why I limit my posts to being read by friends only.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sheephunterab:
And this is why I limit my posts to being read by friends only.

I suspect this is Mark's business page. It wouldn't do him ny good to make it private.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7609 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
We run our business page as a member's only page...a lot of businesses are starting to do that. It eliminates the anti posts and prevents big brother Facebook from coming down on you. You may lose a few people seeing your posts but the interested ones will join and the trolls can't see the posts. I suspect this will become much more common practice in the future.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't you also set your page to make you approve a comment before it posts to your wall?

Facebook free for about 5 months and never been happier.....

Posts: 1430 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Open Carry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
What world does this person live in?

India would be an educated guess.

Posts: 55 | Location: Easton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 28 November 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well he said he was pissed - hopefully thtr was in his pants

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Zukerburg hunts.

Posts: 2329 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
We run our business page as a member's only page...a lot of businesses are starting to do that. It eliminates the anti posts and prevents big brother Facebook from coming down on you. You may lose a few people seeing your posts but the interested ones will join and the trolls can't see the posts. I suspect this will become much more common practice in the future.

That is the best/only way to go for a hunting related business, does not matter the species hunted.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Other than keeping in touch with a few friends and relatives, I put nothing else on Facebook.

Generally speaking with the nuts as shown above and all the political crap Facebook is pretty much a sewer.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2802 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The tried and true liberal attitude that if this guy likes something it must be mandatory for everyone and if he dislikes something it must be banned for everyone.

People like this lack the basic self confidence and courage of their convictions to recognise that other people are allowed to hold their own, differing, opinions. That is too much of a threat to deal with.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
A while back, we had a gentleman who came here to ask for advice about a safari.

He got all he wanted, and went on a safari, and apparently had a great time.

In our conversations, he ,mentioned that he wanted to post his hunt report on Fake Book.

I told him that might not be a good idea, and he is very welcome to post his report here.

He did not listen, and went ahead and posted his report and photos on Fake Book.

It did not take long for him to delete everything, as he was getting so much negative attention.

He never came back here again.

What I never understand about the stupid mentality on Fake Book is the fact that people actually go looking for things they do not like, so they can object to them.

What a bloody life - or rather, lack there of!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67313 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Me too Bill.

Totally disagree Lane and there are many who fight for our rights here. There are thousands of good conservation references and examples on fb and I would rather flood social media with want we do and apologise for nothing.

My Royal Kafue page used to attract unwanted attention until it was realised that this model was a communal project and the hunting is encouraged and endorsed by an African community.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9889 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Me too Bill.

Totally disagree Lane and there are many who fight for our rights here. There are thousands of good conservation references and examples on fb and I would rather flood social media with want we do and apologise for nothing.

My Royal Kafue page used to attract unwanted attention until it was realised that this model was a communal project and the hunting is encouraged and endorsed by an African community.

I have to say I find my self engaging the less enlightened often. Effect unknown. Hopefully facts and logic somehow make it past their emotion and hype.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Me too Bill.

Andrew,
With all due respect my friend and I do mean this as a friend...

...it may make you feel better...but you are loosing the battle.

It is not so much that the things that hunters put on social media hurt us, although there are good examples of that being the case too...but it's that social media gives the Antis a good organizational tool. It amplifies their capabilities exponentially.

Social media gives Born Free, Lionaid, HSUS, etc etc huge venues to organize and raise money and...organize and raise money they are doing...at record rates.

The "Cecil debacle" is an excellent example of how social media is bad for hunting. While many factors played into that occurence and certainly some unsavory activities happened that shouldn't have...the fact remains that with out Social Media...very few would have ever heard about it. Politically...it would likely have been a non-issue.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ironically Lane, Jared Kushner used FB in a highly effective manner during the presidential campaign.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Ironically Lane, Jared Kushner used FB in a highly effective manner during the presidential campaign.

Agreed.

And with the right leadership and "unity" it might work for hunters...but not as we are using it today.

The Anti's use sensationalism to unite people with emotion and seperate them from their money while in the process. The word "unite" is the key term there.

The Hunting Community if to be effective needs to learn these tactics...especially unity.

Jared mastered them. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Me too Bill.

Hi Andrew,

I too agree with Lane. It really just comes down to a numbers game. Here, inside the friendly confines of AR, you are preaching to the choir.

As a demographic in the United States, we number very few. So few, that there isn't anyone in a position that matters to affect what is most important to us.

Even many in the casual deer/elk hunting community, here in America don't see a reasonable conservation benefit for the hunting Lions and or Elephants, conservation be damned.

The best conservation tool (in my opinion) would have been silent and under the radar. But, that shipped has sailed and we are where we are.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3436 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think its only that there are legions of people who live to moan - its also that there is a whole generation and section of society out there with a keyboard and an opinion gleaned from the crap coming out of their TV sets - and absolutely no knowledge, experience or real INTEREST in the natural world that is out there.

I had an argument on FB with a "friend" over the conservation value of elephant hunting (not that I could ever afford it) which terminated rapidly when I suggested that he get in a plane and go see for himself what "hunting and conservation" means on the ground in Africa.
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
A while back, we had a gentleman who came here to ask for advice about a safari.

He got all he wanted, and went on a safari, and apparently had a great time.

In our conversations, he ,mentioned that he wanted to post his hunt report on Fake Book.

I told him that might not be a good idea, and he is very welcome to post his report here.

He did not listen, and went ahead and posted his report and photos on Fake Book.

It did not take long for him to delete everything, as he was getting so much negative attention.

He never came back here again.

What I never understand about the stupid mentality on Fake Book is the fact that people actually go looking for things they do not like, so they can object to them.

What a bloody life - or rather, lack there of!

Posts: 198 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The problem, if it exists (I tend to agree it does) is that the pro hunting side, with the exception of a few folks who are either working in the industry or have copious free time, have to work to afford to go hunting, etc.

The antis have no skin in the game. They make sensationalistic claims and have nothing better to do than monitor social media... How long does a post on how Pieter Kat is taking the lionaid folks for a ride and making himself well off while doing fuck-all for lion conservation last on their social media pages.

Follow the money. Same as in politics. While there are some useful idiots out there, they really would have little or no impact without the selfbinteretsed leadership...

Posts: 10755 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is simply a hobby for many folk, and for some it is a way of life.

quote:

That FaceBook has hurt African hunting is a possibility, but I believe the real downfall of African hunting has been affected more by the state of the economy worldwide, the uncertainty of the stability of the various African countries governments, and with the exception of species such as Lion and Elephant, many species of African Hoof stock can be hunted here in America.

As popular/powerful(????) as FaceBook is, I really do not see it having that much of an effect, simply because just like this site, participation is voluntary. No one has to join and each person is responsible for the content of the material they post, no one is required to post pictures of the game they have killed, and if they do want to, there are measures that can be taken so those pictures can only be viewed by a specified audience.

We get caught up talking about ethics when hunting, how about a little consideration for the content of our pictures/videos. I mean how many of us enjoy watching a lot of "High Fiving" over a dead buck on any of the remaining hunting shows on television. End Zone celebrations need to be left in the End Zone and respect needs to be shown for the game we kill

I do not believe any of us that hunt should be afraid to post pictures of our kills anywhere, but I do believe those pictures content should not be such as to offend other hunters. JMO.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Facebook has been instrumental in the downfall of African Hunting by its strength as a tool used to organize opposition and gather donations to lobby USF&WS.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not denying that it has been instrumental, just pointing out that it is one of several factors that have worked to bring the situation to the state it is in.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Not denying that it has been instrumental, just pointing out that it is one of several factors that have worked to bring the situation to the state it is in.

Agreed. Especially with the world economy part. tu2

J. Lane Easter, DVM