Tools

Some Bush PICS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Taken by friends.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
thumb

Posts: 2031 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Thanks for posting.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW --- Thompson's, Grant's, Gerenuk and Gemsbok all in the same herd. Eeker

Gerenuk and Grant's are .... I don't how to describe it except to say .... clap

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Great Lioness pic! thumb

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
good pics. Have any more?

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Is that an old female elephant going one way, and a big lion going the other? Are the tracks 24 hours old? Whatcha think?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
DB, I see the gazelles but for thelife of me the generuk escapes me...

Mick love those photos the lioness must be chewing on Wildebeaste horn...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Retreever, I agree with you. I only see Grant's gazelle and what looks like fringe-eared oryx.

Nice photos.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Yep....Grant's gazelle and probably beisa oryx. I do not see any gerenuk.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As the question was raised:
There ar eonly Grant's Gazelles and Frynge eared Oryx in that one picture.

I find interesting the one of the wildebbest; it looks as if someone tore his horns off. In actual fact, what happens is that the boss gets' infested with small ants who eat away at the boss/scalp. The irritation caused by this drives the poor beast mad and he continously bangs and scrapes his head against trees to relieve the itchiness/pain (?) and in this poor guys case, his horns fell off Frowner I have found this on old buffalo as well where the entire horns seem to be totally loose from the head with ants scurring everywhere. Immagine the torture?

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Woops! At first glance I thought the Grant's on the far right was a gerenuk....bad. But don't the Grant's look hugh?

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of decent Grant's in that herd, but the area the picture was taken, Lake Natron, consistently produces much better.