THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    mahenge north, tanzania for cape buffalo

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mahenge north, tanzania for cape buffalo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone hunted mahenge north for cape buffalo.

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Check out this report: http://www.accuratereloading.com/hr50.html

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am booked there for Sept 2-8, 20PM me if you want to know more!!!

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
See the report below as well:

Newbie in Tanzania

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Samwise pm sent

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It sounds like to me that mahenge north would be a excellant place to hunt cape buffalo, it also sounds to me not to be to picky when hunting cape buffalo in that area,any more thoughts on mahenge north area for cape buffalo thanks for your time.........

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope Saaed's experience of shooting 16 in 21 days will play out again in 2007. I intend to tell Paul any mature bull -lets go make some dead buff!!!

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMO and the experience from the last three years. I hunted in different Hunting Blocks with different Operators on 7 and 21 days license. ALL the western Selous ( Including the Mahenge and Kilombero Valley Blocks suffer from lose on Land for Cattle or heavy Poaching ) Blocks are HAMMERED specially on BUFFALO + Lion . IMO there are far to many cheap Buffalo hunts with unscrup. Operators the only want to max. the Profit. It gets harder to find Dagga Boys or old Lions. Better Hunting Blocks for Buffalo and Lion you can found South of the Rufiji in the Selous where Operators take more CARE for there GAME.

r.
Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So what hunting blocks in the selous do you or others suggest.

one of us
posted Hide Post
As seloushunter has included Mahenge in his observation I have to offer a little clarification. Mahenge North has none of the problems he addressed. Poaching/woodcutting in the past was a problem there. Now through year round anti poaching, better relations with the locals (funding community projects) and the game scouts all that is in the past. Our goal is not to kill our full quota and then pull out until next season. Our goal is for Mahenge North to get better and better under our year round stewardship.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Capebuf, have you hunted cape buffalo before, or will this be your first experience?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This would be my second time last year i was in zimbabwe.