Find
Notify
Tools

Virgins
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted

I was somewhat taken back when I received a message that my client, a Danish gent, could take an elephant at cost if he wanted it. He wanted it, trouble was we had but a few days to fill the tag. I remember thinking at what point do I tell him that I had never hunted elephant nor really knew much about them apart from they were big, sort of greyish color and often liked to chase cars.

It must be like hunting Puku, you just drove around a bit and looked for a good one? We did find plenty of tracks but did not really know if they were coming or going. The Elephant all looked pretty big to me and then one morning we came across one with really big teeth and we shot the old boy and he died on his knees. Which was handy for photographs.

I was not really sure what to do next so had to get onto the sat phone and called 'Elephants R us' who very kindly sent someone who really did know what they were doing.

Note that elephant hunting has just been reintroduced to Zambia (under a limited quota)after a twenty five year ban and this is the first to be taken in the Kafue in recent times.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9957 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Andrew!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Well done Andrew!

And you sir.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn I wish I were Danish. Well Done.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
When I saw the banner "VIRGINS", I pictured young maidens about to be tossed into the Zambezi to appease the spirits, but instead it was ..... Big Grin
Well done, and like everything, one must start somewhere. Cool

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

I was somewhat taken back when I received a message that my client, a Danish gent, could take an elephant at cost if he wanted it. He wanted it, trouble was we had but a few days to fill the tag. I remember thinking at what point do I tell him that I had never hunted elephant nor really knew much about them apart from they were big, sort of greyish color and often liked to chase cars.

Note that elephant hunting has just been reintroduced to Zambia (under a limited quota)after a twenty five year ban and this is the first to be taken in the Kafue in recent times.

jumping
Andrew, it looks like it pays to not know anything about elephant hunting, judging from the result of that first hunt!
.......................... tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Andrew. That one is definitly big and sort of greyish color Big Grin .

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2092 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Great first Bull. Now your clients will have big expectations.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
But did he chase your car?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Well done! Not bad for a virgin (probably the only time you have heard that).

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jorge400:
Well done! Not bad for a virgin (probably the only time you have heard that).

I'm guessing maybe the second time.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
What a beauty! tu2

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
That's one hell of a way to lose your virginity! Sorta like getting to enjoy Sharon Stone for your very first time...

Well done, sir.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Nice tusker Andrew. Was that on your Kafue property or elsewhere?

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
ahhhh nice, how long ivory?

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
tu2

Only one question my friend: Why aren't you totin' that new .500 ??? Eeker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Andrew. So what did this virgin's ele tusk weigh????

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
That is one super cool photo!!!!

Nice ele and not bad for a virgin.

You must have read lots of books on it. Big Grin

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew - PLEASE post a photo of your new double rifle??

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, nice bull, but!

Most people (99%) DON'T admit to when they lost their virginity.

Jest say'n.....

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never lost mine. I know exactly where it is, so to speak.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
I never lost mine. I know exactly where it is, so to speak.

Dutch

I know several PH's who can help you with that problem!

sofa

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Very very nice and Andrew you are now an experienced elephant hunter.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
Congrats, Andrew. So what did this virgin's ele tusk weigh????

Best regards, D. Nelson

My dear it is not the size of the ship but rather the motion of the ocean.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome Andrew!!! tu2

Didn't Capstick have a similar elephant 'story' to yours??

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great stuff Andrew. Now you are forced to become an elephant guru in short time!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11222 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
Good on ya...You know...I kick myself in the arse everyday for not taking you up on the offer to come and work for you last year. Look what I could have been a part of!

Cheers,

Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
shocker shocker shocker

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Well done, Andrew. (and your Danish client)

And yes, it was most convenient for him to die in a nice upright position for your photos.

But where IS the new Double?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

Very glad to hear Zambia has opened Ele hunting again. In my experience, the Ele there have become quite cheeky over the years of the ban. They do need some sorting out. Looks like you're off to a good start.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
Awesome Andrew!!! tu2

Didn't Capstick have a similar elephant 'story' to yours??

Some folk are too busy to read and rather make their own stories. Cool

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Ok Andrew just how big is it? Contratulations!!!

Brett

PS. We evaluate tusk size by weight! Wink Just helping the rookie out!

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Congrats mate.
No 500NE for that hunt?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big'un! holycow Congrats to both you virgins.
That old bull was not a virgin!
Photoshopping my head onto the Danish hunter's shoulders will likely be the closest I ever get to posing with something like that!

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann,

July of 1964. I spent two weeks that summer at one of my Aunt & Uncle's farm, and they went to some weird speak in tongues and flail about the tent revival meetings to chase Satan out of the believers. The traveling holy roller preacher had a tall green eyed daughter named Amanda who took me up in the church choir loft and showed me the real reason God created Eve. It was my first true deeply religious experience. All I could say was "oh my God. Oh my God. OH MY G-O-D!!!!!!!!!!!"

Guys remember that stuff. Most can even tell you what kind of car.

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Ann,

July of 1964. I spent two weeks that summer at one of my Aunt & Uncle's farm, and they went to some weird speak in tongues and flail about the tent revival meetings to chase Satan out of the believers. The traveling holy roller preacher had a tall green eyed daughter named Amanda who took me up in the church choir loft and showed me the real reason God created Eve. It was my first true deeply religious experience. All I could say was "oh my God. Oh my God. OH MY G-O-D!!!!!!!!!!!"

Guys remember that stuff. Most can even tell you what kind of car.

regards,

Rich

TMI, but to keep the thread on track she wasn't built like an Elephant was she?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tall, slender, very shapely. A gazelle more likely.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
GOOD LORD!

Great bull Andrew! Any news on the weight of the ivory?

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incredible!
Congratulations on being on the front end of the tracks at the right time.

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote