Tools

deleted
 Login/Join

posted
sorry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can't ship meat back from Africa.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Once you hunt Africa, the intrigue takes control, and you'll want to go again. The meat will stay in Africa. For the hunter, it's the ultimate experience.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can eat all the meat you want while you are there. But once the meat is digested, it is gone, but the memories of the hunt will stay with you forever.

For me, hunting is not about meat or trophies. It is about challenging stalks.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Hunting which yields pleasure, whether from the protien or the calcium deposits is based upon many facets, not any one in particular. I do think that for the most part all hunters do fixate upon one aspect as the most rewarding personal aspect of any given hunt. For you it is the tangible reward in meat. For me it is over coming a challnge or difficulty. Trophy is like beauty in that it is in the eye or minds eye of the hunter. If meat is all you really are after, then stalk a super market. However I think that you are indeed a hunter and the challenge is as acceptable to you as to me. Africa offers hunting on a grand scale and a primitive one at times. This is but a part of the appeal.

Try it you will like it. Smiler

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
sorry

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
What the hell? Are you interested in killing the young and the females--or in hunting the old smart males--ie the trophies. If you just want to hunt the young and easy and numerous, go to a sheep ranch.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Are we being taken for a ride?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I fear so.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bewildered

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
why do i get the feeling this guy is not for real. if he thinks a kudu on a game ranch in texas is basically the as a kudu in africa, trying to explain the differance is a waste of time

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13429 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
not sorry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are those of us that hunt and then there are the guys that just want to kill something.

Hunted moose and caribou but wants to come here to learn to hunt? bewildered

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
innocent bystander,, don't let these guys intimadate you, they don't mean anything with some of the responces they post. They are simply not used to anyone posting on AFRICAN HUNTING, that is concerned about the use of meat taken on Safari. They simply are not aware that everyone in the world is not aware that meat cannot be imported from Africa to the USA!Besides, what on Earth would you do with 7 or 8000 lbs of raw meat?

You don't have to worry about the meat being wasted, however, because what is not used in camp, is made into BILTONG (African Jerky) and is used by the indigenous people. Nothing is wasted in Africa, and unlike the USA, EVERYTHING is utilized, and when the natives get through with a carcus, nothing is left but the contents of the stomach, the bones, and a wet spot where the butchering took place.

If you think the Hyenas, and vultures can clean a pile of bones, you haven't watched a village clean up an elephant, or Hippo.

Hang in Hoss! I'd like to have read the posts you deleted! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I once watched a truck load of locals pull up to a downed elephant. My PH looked up at the vultures perched above and said " I kind of feel bad for those poor buggers, when this lot is finished with the elephant there'll be nothing left."

TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
People who are toasting posts they haven't read may be doing too much toasting! Big Grin

Steve
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
People who are toasting posts they haven't read may be doing too much toasting! Big Grin

Could be, but innocent till proven guilty, and I ain't read the evidence yet! Only one side of any story is not enough information to pass judgement on an unknown poster! What ch thank, Ya'll! Confused

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Now you want to start an arguement over a deleted post you didn't read??? animal

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree MAC. I learn something everday. I was hoping to bring some meat back from Africa this July, guess I will just have to gorge myself and enjoy it while I can. I enjoy hunting, not just the killing, but also like the benefit from the animals I harvest.

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
I am reasonably sure that innocent bystander deleted his own posts, not the Administrator. Saeed can tell us later.

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
People who are toasting posts they haven't read may be doing too much toasting!

Steve

quote:
Now you want to start an arguement over a deleted post you didn't read??? animal

Confused Confused ConfusedWhat gives you the idea I'm trying to start an argument? not haveing read the other half, I'd say you guys must have had something to bring on the ill manners, it seems to be, without knowing the other side! Confused

Judgeing from the your last two posts it sounds more like you are the one pokeing the grizzley with a sharp stick, to see if he will wake up and run away! Confused

Don't take things so seriously! I simply heard only one side of this thread, and woundered what the other half was about, nothing more! Big Grin

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
MacD,
Just doing some fun-poking; no ill will towards you. The first bunch of the regular posters had the benefit of reading the thread starter's comments.

Steve
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am reasonably sure that innocent bystander deleted his own posts, not the Administrator. Saeed can tell us later.

He deleted his own posts.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote