THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Mark Sullivan & Ivan Carter Movies///Plus Historic Rifles DVD
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark Sullivan & Ivan Carter Movies///Plus Historic Rifles DVD
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I strongly agree...this thread is only prolonged as raw advertisement to promote these DVD´s..

Enough now..

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:
I strongly agree...this thread is only prolonged as raw advertisement to promote these DVD´s..

Enough now..

It also brings to the open the discussion that what MS does has nothing to do with hunting, but self glorification clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of emron
posted Hide Post
Notwithstanding MS on screen personality, I have to admit he is a STRONG bugger! The opening shot is of him hefting a full grown male lion on his shoulders-350-400lbs?

Posts: 396 | Location: usa | Registered: 26 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Since I beat Saeed in ordering Mark's latest dvd I will beat him to a review of same.

Great footage and film quality. Exciting hunts with super trophy quality. The last hippo was amazing. Mark keeps turning out cutting edge excitement and I never tire of them.

I've only seen short clips of Ivan's dvds at Dallas so I can't comment. Other dvds--what can I say? I get tired of watching plains game assassinated from 300 yards or from "hunters" shooting over a water hole or a tree stand in the States. Or, following wounded buffalo in a vehicle. These examples alone make Mark's films well worth the money.

Cheers, fellas, and be gentle.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will however say that I have the highest respect for Johan Calitz as a PH, he is THE PH that I would like to have with me on an ele bull hunt..

What a shame he was forced to stop hunting and had to sack about 170 people because of the ban...I bet at least 90% where black africans..

Let us hope that Botswanas elephant population will not end like in Kenya..

This hunting ban is truly sad indeed..

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will however say that I have the highest respect for Johan Calitz as a PH, he is THE PH that I would like to have with me on an ele bull hunt..

Me too, because I know no matter how bad my shot is that he is going to say, "Fantastic shot!" Cool

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

Me too, because I know no matter how bad my shot is that he is going to say, "Fantastic shot!" Cool

animal

If any of you guys ever meet Brett in person be sure to have him do his Calitz imitation talking about "Tony is a fantastic shot".

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Since I beat Saeed in ordering Mark's latest dvd I will beat him to a review of same.

Great footage and film quality. Exciting hunts with super trophy quality. The last hippo was amazing. Mark keeps turning out cutting edge excitement and I never tire of them.

I've only seen short clips of Ivan's dvds at Dallas so I can't comment. Other dvds--what can I say? I get tired of watching plains game assassinated from 300 yards or from "hunters" shooting over a water hole or a tree stand in the States. Or, following wounded buffalo in a vehicle. These examples alone make Mark's films well worth the money.

Cal
and how was the legendary lion hunt?

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
and with every post he sells more dvd's

kind of a vicious circle.

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Enough now..

It also brings to the open the discussion that what MS does has nothing to do with hunting, but self glorification clap

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cal pappas:

Cal
and how was the legendary lion hunt?[/QUOTE

Lions were great! One fell instantly to the client's shot. I've rarely seen an animal go down so quick.
I should have done what Mark has done rather than remaining a school teacher for my career.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cal pappas:

Cal
and how was the legendary lion hunt?[/QUOTE

Lions were great! One fell instantly to the client's shot. I've rarely seen an animal go down so quick.
I should have done what Mark has done rather than remaining a school teacher for my career.
Cal

I think Matt might have been asking about the farm grown pet Sullivan so bravely slaughtered! clap

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I just got off the phone with Mark Sullivan regarding the hunt won by Pagosawingnut for the benefit of Stu Taylor. He was both a gentleman and pretty funny. I can't wait for next week when the hunt takes place.

I know that it is unfashionable not to bash Mark, accusing him of everything from causing the impending downfall of hunting to being the man secretly orchestrating Obamacare, but let me give you another example of what Larry is talking about. I sent Mark a note this morning asking him to do something to help out our local safari club chapter. He responded in minutes saying he would be happy to help out with what I requested. I feel that I am not going too far out on a limb to suggest that the reality is that he is far more the gentleman than many of his detractors.

Mike, was this your local SCI Chapter? I assume so, as HSC has concluded (at least the annual convention). If it is Houston SCI, it's rather commendable.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
To Mark Sullivan I have to say BRAVO!! Why? Because he has succeeded in spades. He is a marketing genius (seriously). Every couple of months there is a long thread, going back and forth, about Mark Sullivan. Much of it is vitriolic, some defensive, but all of it -- virtually ALL OF IT is about Mark Sullivan. So, he wins. Like him or not, he is making money and can be considered a success story.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I just got off the phone with Mark Sullivan regarding the hunt won by Pagosawingnut for the benefit of Stu Taylor. He was both a gentleman and pretty funny. I can't wait for next week when the hunt takes place.

I know that it is unfashionable not to bash Mark, accusing him of everything from causing the impending downfall of hunting to being the man secretly orchestrating Obamacare, but let me give you another example of what Larry is talking about. I sent Mark a note this morning asking him to do something to help out our local safari club chapter. He responded in minutes saying he would be happy to help out with what I requested. I feel that I am not going too far out on a limb to suggest that the reality is that he is far more the gentleman than many of his detractors.

Mike, was this your local SCI Chapter? I assume so, as HSC has concluded (at least the annual convention). If it is Houston SCI, it's rather commendable.

Yes, it is for the SCI Houston annual banquet in August.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by rxgremlin:
Shawn,

As I have mentioned I don't have the DVD but is there anything about the footage to suggest that his remarks were taken out of context?

At first I accepted Mark's "let them choose how they are going to die" as part of his shtick. He is a showman and a self promoter and I can accept that. In this particular case he really "jumped the shark" by gushing about how great the lion hunt was. In my mind that crossed the line from being entertaining to being duplicitous.

To answer Cal's question about why Mark get scrutinized "while other PHs get a pass" probably has to do with Mark's bombastic style. These are Mark's words and come from his second book "Fear No Death".

"I have always said that for most professional hunters to ever have hair on their balls, I would first have to sit them down in a chair and place a rabbit in their laps.
Personally, I don't think that there are enough hares in the world to go around." p. 25

"I remember thinking how good it felt to be charged. How wonderful that on this day-this bull was giving me his all. I remember looking over my barrels and placing the front sight
on the center of his brain and saying 'wait, wait still too far-wait until he gets really close, then bang him. A moment more, that's all I need' Then, the unimaginable happened, I
heard Rob's .450 explode and saw his bullet, not mine, take the bull between the eyes. I could scarcely believe my bad luck. I was so transfixed in the moment that I had momentarily forgotten
that Rob was even there. More out of frustration than anything I gathered my sight picture and shot the great beast between the eyes. But his head had already hit the ground; my shot
was of no consequence. Rob killed the bull fair and square." p. 136-137 (He took a client on his first day in Africa to hunt hippo with a borrowed rifle. Mark was disappointed
that the client killed him at 21 feet rather than 10.)

"I suppose it won't be long before professional hunters will be wearing lip gloss and nail polish" p. 152 (referring to using PAST type recoil pads at the range. He calls them "bras")

It may seem like I'm cherry picking these quotes but I'm not. The book is rife with them. Pick up a copy and read it for yourself.

I'm quite sure that Mark is a gentleman in person, he certainly was to me. He should be commended for his philanthropy here on the forum and elsewhere. I agree with him on some issues
and disagree with him on others. However some of his behaviors and statements are hard to swallow.

Oh ... I don't know. I think it's all in how you view it. Some here really are put off by the banter but that's really all it is. A bit like when my two boys get together and rough house with wrestling and "insults". Drives my wife crazy but it's just boys being boys as they are very well behaved and well mannered young men, but like to mix it up a bit at times.

Mark's comments crack me up. I don't get offended by them. Like his statement about his 90 year old grandmother really liking the 500NE for use on DG! Reminds me of a Marine Captain instructor I had in flight school. His name was Capt. Champion ... a great name for an F4 Phantom pilot. I still remember him telling the class on the first day ... "Guys, pay attention in my class (engines and aerodynamics) because if you get good grades, you'll fly fighters and if you don't, you'll fly something with windshield wipers. You don't want windshield wipers on your plane because when you pick up chicks at the O Club and take them out to the flight line to see what you fly, the first thing she'll notice is the windshield wipers! Then she'll dump you and go looking for a fighter pilot"! Most thought it was funny, some not so much, especially the guys that ended up flying planes with windshield wipers!

(Sorry Jorge! sofa beer)

Damn guys, get over it already. Mark is just putting on an act with the bravado. Every time I've spoken with him, he's been a real gentleman expressing a real love for hunting DG in Africa and double rifles. He likes to banter back and forth a lot. Personally, I find it funny and would enjoy the opportunity to give it back around the campfire with him. Probably will one of these days if I can ever put the Tanzania funds together.

Oh yeah, I think his videos are entertaining as well! Wink

None taken. We get ours day or night, penetrate lower and carry a bigger load....

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
I just finished watching Death In Full-Charge tonight in Blu-ray. It is absolutely the best picture quality I have ever seen in a hunting movie!!! The image quality, color, and contrast are truly fantastic. I watched the Blu-ray Disc on a 70" Sharp Elite Pro-X5FD. The image quality was as if you were right there at that very moment.

I have shipped many of these Blu-ray Disc movies but I am not sure if anyone on AR has ordered one. If you have, I would very much like to hear your comment about the Blu-ray quality of this movie.

Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please move this thread to the classifieds section. Roll Eyes

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Envy is so unbecoming.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hahaha - no thumbdown

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . so is self denial.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Denial - that's in Egypt aint it?

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Just remember that none of us who find MS hunting style so obnoxious is fit to walk in his shoes.

Or so says some of his hero worshippers clap

And remember, if you have ever shot an animal further than 10 yards, it wasn't hunting either rotflmo

10 yds??

Saeed, please don't mind if i correct you....

quote:

"At 10 feet it is hunting. At 21 feet it is killing."

Mark Sullivan
Professional Hunter

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boys, all I know is I received my newest MS dvd last week, watched it, and I really enjoyed it. If you like African Hunting, its a must have. Its entertainment, that's all. Enjoy it for what it is.

Yesterday MS called me, I returned his call today - we had a great 20 min conversation about all that is African hunting, and he gave me some advice on double rifles of course (which I appreciated).

He was polite/cordial as ever, we exchanged a couple stories - and he invited me to hunt hippo with him in TZ. I won't tell you what he said about it, but lets just say I about fell out of my truck in laughter. He truly is a character!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:

He was polite/cordial as ever, we exchanged a couple stories - and he invited me to hunt hippo with him in TZ. I won't tell you what he said about it, but lets just say I about fell out of my truck in laughter. He truly is a character!

You gonna use a 243?? nilly

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Nope! But I might use your .450NE again, I seemed to do ok with it last time??

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well I guess you were 10 foot away from the beast!!!

Those hippo on the videos sure look angry.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well I guess you were 10 foot away from the beast!!!

Those hippo on the videos sure look angry.

Ya, but I'll have MS with me Matt - what more do I need bwana?? Wink

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What more do I need bwana?? Wink

Depends who you want to do the shooting I guess? Is it a 'team event'?

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'day Shawn, both those films look good, mate! PM on the way.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I just watched the elephant video posted here about assessment. I can't comment on the film or the hunt--sorry the elephant did not fall to the shot but sometimes that happens in hunting. However I did notice the PH shot just after the client shot. I think this is a very common practice if the client's first shot fails--at least on big/dangerous game. But I do notice it seems only MS gets hell for it.
Give me hell, Saeed, but it's the truth, mate.
Cheers,
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just watched the elephant video posted here about assessment. I can't comment on the film or the hunt--sorry the elephant did not fall to the shot but sometimes that happens in hunting. However I did notice the PH shot just after the client shot. I think this is a very common practice if the client's first shot fails--at least on big/dangerous game. But I do notice it seems only MS gets hell for it.
Give me hell, Saeed, but it's the truth, mate.
Cheers,
Cal

Cal,

There is absolutely no problem with the PH firing an insurance shot at an elephant.

I have had it done with some of my own elephants, and we always had a good laugh about it afterwards.

That is not the point, the point is your hero shoots more of his clients animals than all PHs that I have known put together!

And that is saying something.

I don't see many PHs leaving their clients in the background while they gloat in the silly glory of having killed an animal they have set up for a charge.

The worst part is that some people actually enjoy hero worshipping MS.

Reminds me of the teenage girls going gaga over some clueless drug laden pop star.

Both are just the same.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How many MS admirers actually fall short of receiving respect from MS,
simply bcause they fail to heroically despatch their angry charging DG at 10 feet.
..consequently, even MS worshippers are cowards in MS eyes.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trax:
How many MS admirers actually fall short of receiving respect from MS,
simply cause they fail to heroically despatch their angry charging DG at 10 feet?
..consequently, even MS worshippers are cowards in MS eyes.

How many teenage hero worshippers get anything from their heros rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BenKK:
G'day Shawn, both those films look good, mate! PM on the way.

G’day Ben,

I received your PM. It is really good to hear from you! The hunting story you shared sounded like an adventure. Just let me know via PM and I will take care of things for you immediately.

Best always,
Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching the Blu-ray version of the DVD. Some outstanding footage and the leopard footage in Blu-ray is exceptional. Very enjoyable DVD with some marvelous trophies being taken. All the hunts were done the proper way, up close, no sniping from the safety of a couple of hundred yards and most of the non-cat hunting was done with open sighted double rifles. If you have a Blu-ray player, try the Blu-ray version it is very nice.

. . . oh and by the way, I am sure you will be disappointed to learn Saeed that of all the animals taken on the DVD, Mark shot first once. One hippo charge Mark and the client shot at the same time on all the rest, the client shot first and normally did their own follow up. I know this will be very disappointing to the demonizers. clap

Mike

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyesi believe we ,old mebers saw this type of posts in the past .....MS at least has a great rating in this forum ....

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please put this thread in classifieds, please put this thread in classifieds.....please put............... space

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . oh and by the way, I am sure you will be disappointed to learn Saeed that of all the animals taken on the DVD, Mark shot first once. One hippo charge Mark and the client shot at the same time on all the rest, the client shot first and normally did their own follow up.

MJine:

What little I know of follow ups is that most clients do NOT want the PH throwing lead at their animal unless they are invited to do so or at worst if the situation goes arse over tit and the PH is obliged to react as per "job description". Wink

MS almost always gate-crashes the party but on the other hand his clients might just have an "open house" attitude. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
As my Oklahoma Grandmother used to say," Makes me want to puke straight out"

Posts: 383 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:
. . oh and by the way, I am sure you will be disappointed to learn Saeed that of all the animals taken on the DVD, Mark shot first once. One hippo charge Mark and the client shot at the same time on all the rest, the client shot first and normally did their own follow up.

What little I know of follow ups is that most clients do NOT want the PH throwing lead at their animal unless they are invited to do so or at worst if the situation goes arse over tit and the PH is obliged to react as per "job description". Wink

You are 100% correct, not wanting the PH to shoot on a follow up is a very common misconception among hunters that have never had to follow up on wounded dangerous game.

Mike