THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Drunk tourist leaps off boat to wrestle croc

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drunk tourist leaps off boat to wrestle croc
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Drunk tourist leaps off boat to wrestle croc

Monday, 14 March 2011 02:00

A DRUNK physical education teacher jumped off a boat in Lake Kariba to wrestle a 1,2 metre-long crocodile for a dare.
The 21-year-old Zimbabwean-born teacher, Scott Brand who teaches at the £9 630-a-term exclusive school at Cumnor House School in Haywards Heath in West Sussex, was holidaying in Zimbabwe with frie-nds in January when, after downing one-too-many, they went looking for crocodiles to wrestle in Lake Kariba.
In no time they saw the huge reptile in the water and Scott, who also plays as an openside flanker for Uckfield Rugby Club in East Sussex, jumped off the boat and tried to grab the reptile around the neck.
‘‘Unfortunately, I had also been sampling Africa's finest lager all afternoon, making our plans to wrestle with one of the water's most dangerous predators all the more tricky. ‘I saw a four-foot long croc and just jumped in and grabbed it.
‘‘It went nuts and was really going for me and it eventually got a hold of my left arm and bit down,'' Brand, who admitted he had had a few drinks before deciding to tackle the crocodile, said.
He added: ‘‘It was bloody sore, but I got back on land and just poured some vodka over it and bandaged it up.''
Mr Brand admitted that he and his pals "weren't too concerned", adding: ‘‘We were in the middle of a lake, right in the middle of nowhere.
‘‘We were four days away from civilisation, but to be honest it only took a few seconds before I got another beer down me and we stayed for another six days.''
When he got back to the UK, however, his left arm had swollen up and become infected and he was rushed to hospital for treatment. He phoned his headmaster to tell him that he couldn't make it into school because he had been bitten by a crocodile.
Doctors at the Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead operated on the wound after discovering that blood poisoning was setting in and stitched the wound up.
He said school staff and pupils were "amazed" when he told them why he needed a few days off sick, adding: "Everyone at school, the headmaster, kids and other teachers, were shocked and couldn't believe I had been bitten by a crocodile.
"I was off school for a few days and missed three rugby matches. Everyone is calling me croc bait or Mick Dundee now." - Daily Mail- HR.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
The Good Lord truly does protect drunkards and fools.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Obviously not a Cajun or the croc would have been dinner...... Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't kid yourself, Rugby players are a tough lot and they can consume lots of local ale as well. beer

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know a former Rugby player that thinks it's fun to slap female buffalo on the butt!!!! I will refrain from mentioning his name openly Big Grin Big Grin butt Luan knows him too jumping

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
I know a former Rugby player that thinks it's fun to slap female buffalo on the butt!!!! I will refrain from mentioning his name openly Big Grin Big Grin butt Luan knows him too jumping

As far as we know thats all he does to their butt.
flame

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Huge --1.2meter??

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
Huge --1.2meter??

In Louisiana we call that ... Bait.

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i have pulled bigger alligators out of the pool by the tail in my parents back yard in south Ga. and hauled them down to the lake shore for release.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Release? Sheeit, that is perfectly good lunch!

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]The 21-year-old Zimbabwean-born teacher, Scott Brand who teaches at the £9 630-a-term exclusive school at Cumnor House School in Haywards Heath in West Sussex,

And parents pay a bonus to have this genius teach their kids?????

one of us
posted Hide Post
Somehow I would bet there were more than just a few Zambezis and vodkas drank. A lot of things can seem like a good idea when totally pissed. It is only later when sober that rational thought prevails (usualy) Big Grin and they realize how stupid the idea was. dancing As far as teaching the kids I assume the guy isnt totally a wanker or intoxicated while at school. I guess I am going out on a limb giving him the benefit of the doubt. Then again is there much doubt about his choices t this point? popcorn

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
i have pulled bigger alligators out of the pool by the tail in my parents back yard in south Ga. and hauled them down to the lake shore for release.

This was a Croc not a Alligator.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Obviously not a Cajun or the croc would have been dinner...... Wink

yuck rotflmo

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
1.2 meters = 3.7 feet.

I had to catch one longer than this a while back.

We had rabbits, and they dug underneath the croc fence.

Two crocs got out, and one actually walked out of our house, went about 300 yards to the next fence which by a police college.

We were able to track him. He was lying under a small bush.

I had a helper, who I asked to grab the croc's tail, while I get the head.

The bloody nitwit let go of the tail, and I ended up fighting the croc by stradling him.

His tail cut a big gash in my thigh, but that was all.

No one would get near me, so I had to carry the croc back home by myself!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68690 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
4 foot croc! what a pussy. You would think he has real balls and jump on a 14 footer.

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Not only does he play rugby...he's a forward (Flanker). Forwards are not known for their brains. You'd never get one of us backs doing that. Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
even small reptiles can be dangerous. Last fall I was chasing a 2 ft alligator on the golf course when I almost had it I tripped over a sprinkler head and injured my knee.

Posts: 149 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 02 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
As the old saying goes " If you are going to be stupid - you have to be tough"

Sounds like he qualifies on both counts

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

This was a Croc not a Alligator.

so??? at 1.2 meters, who cares?? just another ingredient in a good jumbalaya- throw in some shrimp, sausage, and chicken, spoon over dirty rice and that sucker would have been dinner.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now there is my kind of thinking. Like I said lunch!

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
His last words before he jumped on the croc was,"Here, hold my beer and watch this....."

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike Brooks

That words sound very familiar dancing
I think some of his old buddies from zim will call him a sissy.How da hell do you get bitten by a croc that small will the old guys say.

Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
As a former Prop and Eigth Man on high school team, we were taught nothing about wrestling crocks, although we did consume our share of Guiness.

This particular sport rates up there with jumping of bridges in my view.

popcorn

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
You guys do know why beer was invented don't you?...To stop rugby players from taking over the world. Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting to hear from AUBS458 on this one.

popcorn

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I played prop and lock. That croc would not have stood a chance against me. He would be the one with the nasty bite wound!

Unless you've been on the bottom of a collapsed scrum a time or two you probably didn't realize how much biting goes on down there. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cross L:
I'm still waiting to hear from AUBS458 on this one.

popcorn

SSR

He is trying to fix a broken-down landy. Big Grin Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen:

"Ballsy, but stupid." - True Lies, the Movie

Now that was a fun article.

This gentleman is a modern example of the type of person, who sailed little boats around the world, and ruled the waves for so long, Britannia.

Where are they now?

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Famous last words---"Watch this!"

Skip Nantz

Posts: 539 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Obviously not a Cajun or the croc would have been dinner......

quote:
Don't kid yourself, Rugby players are a tough lot and they can consume lots of local ale as well.

Cajuns are just better at killin things!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daleW:
4 foot croc! what a pussy. You would think he has real balls and jump on a 14 footer.

Eeker

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aubs is very busy he's in the bush which means he's fixing a landy while trying to entertain clients at the same time!!!! Big Grin Big Grin.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote