Find
Notify
Tools

African Hunts on E-Bay
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Now I've seen everything. Confused

Someone is selling a 14 day 1X1 hunt for a South African Limpopo hunt on E-Bay.

For the buy it now price of $995, you get a warthog and impala included.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Jim, some of those hunts have been purchased at things like Safari Club auctions, and circumstances arise which force the owner to sell the hunt. Some of those hunts could easly be bargains. You can usually check with the seller about the game ranch/outfitter and then confirm everything is on the up and up with them.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I think Steve is right. It's a rare month when somebody in my circle of aquaintances isn't selling an auction bought hunt of some kind. Most of the time it's an African entry level get-you-in-the-door hunt or an Argentina dove shoot for 4 people.

Sometimes these can be a good deal, sometimes they have inflated fees for everything else. For some outfits this (auction hunts) is the source of most of their clients.

Do lots of research. Your mileage may vary.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uplandhunter
posted Hide Post
I just checked out the hunt. The trophy fees more than make up for the cost of the safari.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair

http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 203 | Location: Northeast, Nebraska | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, I've known a hunter to post and sell a hunt there after the local SCI banquet and they've subsequently gotten "cold feet" about the hunt. I had one friend that got rid of a moose hunt in Canada that way so he could return to hunt Africa that year instead.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim - Why would you think this is something unusual? Like others have said it happens all the time as circumstances change. Maybe you don't get out much or something? It seems you had a hidden agenda about this, so let us know how you really feel.

Larry Sellers

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Manion:
Now I've seen everything. Confused

Someone is selling a 14 day 1X1 hunt for a South African Limpopo hunt on E-Bay.

For the buy it now price of $995, you get a warthog and impala included.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote