New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW SITE
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just tried the site. Navigation is not that easy, however, finding answers to specific questions is quite easy. I especially like the easy availability of the shot placement photographs and dagrams.
FWIW, Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
Just visited africahunting and I saw many handles that I have seen here before and my, my they sure seem happy there. I did see one poster that (for some reason) felt he needed to use another handle. Why would someone feel the need to post under a different handle Drummond?

I am more than happy to clear this up for you. The "handle" I normally use on hunting related websites is huntsonora, which is derived from my passion for chasing big deer around Sonora Mexico. Huntsonora is my handle on every website I frequent and was my handle here until my account info was hacked on another site and used here by another person. Because of that my account was deleted and Don asked to create a new account. Due to the fact that I will sign my name on every post I just went with drummondlindsey. I am a little surprised that this is an issue seeing as to how I signed my post over on the new site.

If there is anything else I can help you with please feel free to ask.

Drummond

I can back Drummond's reason, because it happened to me as well when Saeed changed servers a few yrs back, I also lost about 3000 posts count, having to re-register. Everywhere else I post as DUGABOY1, and the MacD37 handle was my old work sign-in at American Airlines before I retired back in 1996.

I don't know Gator1, Could be, but I think that is when he started his booking business, not when he started hunting Africa.

Anyway I don't see why you guys want to follow him around like a hound on a bitch in season. As far as the reason the banning at HuntAfrica, it doesn't take much, and bird doging is one such reason. Those type thing ruin a web-site, and it matters not whether justified or not, Jerome will not allow it there!

By the way that is a very strange web-site. I find it very hard to navigate, and find anything.

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
I get turned off by all the Commercial content and by all the self promotion.

When you have both you never know if something is being said in truth or being said for profit.

SCI Magazine is terrible that way also.

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gator1,

easy to tell truth from fiction: if it sounds like BS, it is. If it is a commercial site and somebody paid for a banner ad; it is. If it isn't here on AR, 90% chance it is.

JMHO,

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
What is the saying about con men and habitual liars:

"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people, all of the time."

Wink

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
I signed up at Hunting Africa. Found a few of the folks that have not been posting here and realized there are a few posting here that do not or cannot post there thumb Smiler

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not see why people here think that they have to pick sides, I have been lurking here mostly, for some time now and enjoy it but I also enjoy AfricaHunting, it is just different. As far as the other site having advertising, all the other forums I frequent have it and this site would have advertising too if Saeed wasn't so generously paying for all of it... if it's free to you what do you care?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h kittle:
I just signed up on the other site. After looking around bit, I don't think I will be visitng there very much. AR sure seems easier to navigate and not nearly as commercial.

Yeah, me, too. Navigating it is a pain...

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I'd join too, but I already have to remember way too many passwords.

I believe in quality over quantity in any case. Wink

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13448 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am basically computer illiterate and find no more problem there than here. Maybe it is just civility that turns some off. Confused Wink

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am basically computer illiterate and find no more problem there than here. Maybe it is just civility that turns some off. Confused Wink

Or maybe it's the fact that truths don't matter. I was merely qouting Ray, his words, his lies. Here are AR it may get ugly from time to time but at least the truth comes out and people have the opportunity to make educated decisions based on facts. I hope that the Louis L'Amour/Peter Hathaway Capstick dimestore cowboy doesn't deter people from your site but I think anybody that has more common sense than god gave a goose will see through his bullshit.

Best of luck over there

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suspect Jerome is on the steep end of the learning curve.

I am hopeful that with time it can grow into something useful.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Or maybe it's the fact that truths don't matter. I was merely qouting Ray, his words, his lies. Here are AR it may get ugly from time to time but at least the truth comes out and people have the opportunity to make educated decisions based on facts. I hope that the Louis L'Amour/Peter Hathaway Capstick dimestore cowboy doesn't deter people from your site but I think anybody that has more common sense than god gave a goose will see through his bullshit.

Best of luck over there

Drummond

Ditto +1 beer

AR members are very quick to see inconsistencies and inaccuracies in what is posted. The guy posting a lion hunt in Namibia yesterday got a dose of that. I prefer AR and will stay here.

Posts: 10251 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
drummondlindsay and dogcat, what else is new! stir BOOM horse

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I assure you that all of rays wounds were self inflicted. When everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie and you basically commit career suicide you have nobody to blame but yourself.

I might not worry about it but that lying shit threatened me with everything from lawsuits to violence and he knew the entire time that he was lying and I was telling the truth. I could give a flying fu($ what happens to him or his business. He is the only one to blame for where he's at right now.

I wouldn't walk across the street to piss on Ray Atkinson of he burst into flames

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I assure you that all of rays wounds were self inflicted. When everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie and you basically commit career suicide you have nobody to blame but yourself.

I might not worry about it but that lying shit threatened me with everything from lawsuits to violence and he knew the entire time that he was lying and I was telling the truth. I could give a flying fu($ what happens to him or his business. He is the only one to blame for where he's at right now.

I wouldn't walk across the street to piss on Ray Atkinson of he burst into flames

Drummond

BOOM.................. diggin
Damn Drummond, I don't know why you hold back like that! Why don't you just say how you feel!

jumping jumping jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Drummond

Your rants have become extremely boring. Anything positive to add?

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My only dealing with Ray was very good, so based on my experience with the two parties, you and Ray I also wouldn't cross the street to piss on you if you were on fire and I would probably try to stop the firemen on their way to put out the flames, as I know you enjoy flames, eh.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does Saeed require a minimum number of folks to act like assholes at any given time, just to add "zest" to AR?? I haven't been able to find that specified anywhere...

If so, it's still a minor price to pay for the wealth of actual information available here.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9664 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
My only dealing with Ray was very good, so based on my experience with the two parties, you and Ray I also wouldn't cross the street to piss on you if you were on fire and I would probably try to stop the firemen on their way to put out the flames, as I know you enjoy flames, eh.

If you were treated like Drummond and a few others were by Atkinson, lied too and lied about, you might think differently.

Add in all of his inventions of his past history, he has made up so many tales even he can't remember them all, and you could understand why he has been laughed off every Board he has posted on.

But enough about McBragg, why don't you like Drummond? At least he is honest.

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This thread was originally about a new African Hunting website. It quickly became a referendum on Ray Atkinson and is being kept that way by a couple of people with a deliberate agenda. The longer we keep posting on this thread, the more we help fulfill that agenda, rather like the "Shame on you Wendell Reich" thread. Let's stop posting and let these two guys talk to each other.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not interested in just another commercial site.

Posts: 37 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 06 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
This thread was originally about a new African Hunting website. It quickly became a referendum on Ray Atkinson and is being kept that way by a couple of people with a deliberate agenda. The longer we keep posting on this thread, the more we help fulfill that agenda, rather like the "Shame on you Wendell Reich" thread. Let's stop posting and let these two guys talk to each other.
Peter.

Fair enough!

Die Ou Jagter has a PM with my contact info. If he is interested in knowing the story he can contact me and we will continue this discussion off of this website.

JBout, You asked if I have anything positive to add, I'll be visiting friends out near Fresno in August and we will be visiting Millerton Lake and Bass Lake. If you around any of those areas I'll buy you lunch and we'll talk hunting.

Drummond

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Useless. Tried to log in, but it's impossible. I'll stick to AR.

Posts: 10079 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
I like the site. I actually find it easy to navigate and check out new posts. Not much traffic yet, but it does seem to be a bit more positive.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote