New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW SITE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am sure some here have been to this site - africanhunting.com. It is a smaller site but they have many very friendly posters, The thing I liked best was they had a string about the Brittany Boddington incedent and guess what NO ONE ragged on the Boddingtons all were understanding of the incident and supportive of the young lady.

Guess what Ray posts there also. Smiler

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
One thing is certain, if McBragg posts there it won't be friendly for long.... Wink

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for adding the "n". Yes that is the site.

Bwanahile, maybe it is like they say about good sports teams when they only beat an inferior team by a few points "they play to the level of their competition". It may be that many of the posters here bring out the worst in people. I will say many of the people that post there say they are uncomfortable on this site. You know what ever.

It is a nice site, not as busy as here, but more civil. Cool

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
man, wait until you try to join. They have a user privacy statement that is eleven and a half pages long. Any lawyer would be proud to have turned that baby out at the hourly rate.

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
man, wait until you try to join. They have a user privacy statement that is eleven and a half pages long. Any lawyer would be proud to have turned that baby out at the hourly rate.

Rich
Buff Killer

And some of you here still complain about OUR rules jumping

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67051 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:

Bwanahile, maybe it is like they say about good sports teams when they only beat an inferior team by a few points "they play to the level of their competition". It may be that many of the posters here bring out the worst in people. I will say many of the people that post there say they are uncomfortable on this site. You know what ever.

I could see where McBragg would be uncomfortable here. Being proven to be a liar and and BS artist over and over would tend to make most people uncomfortable.

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
I have already visited the site and I liked it very much. Other
site where most annoying.

Oscar.

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like most sites it seems quite commercial.

This makes AR stand out all the more for its uniqueness. I don't take this for granted.

Thanks Saeed.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mega Ditto Saeed. Thanks for all your hard work on AR .

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gator1:
quote:

I could see where McBragg would be uncomfortable here. Being proven to be a liar and and BS artist over and over would tend to make most people uncomfortable.

McBragg is now up to 50 years in the safari business and a host of other "creative descriptions". I left the site after seeing a lot of the same BS that was being sold as gospel. Being a commercial site, I have misgivings about who is posting hunts and experience as they may be trying to sell me something.

Posts: 10215 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dogcat, you mean outfitters that post here are not trying to sell products, I believe there is a board here for hunt sales and a classified board where people have been ripped off. This string just suports many peoples view of this site many here just have to drag things to the lowest common denomiator. Of course when it is free you get what you pay for.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Die,
I mean that I do not like all of the ads on the website. The owner of the website pays for it by selling advertising. I like AR due to the fact that it does not. Outfitters here sell on the designated forum as well as the classifieds.

Posts: 10215 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ross,

It is impossible to sell you something.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12880 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
dogcat, you mean outfitters that post here are not trying to sell products, I believe there is a board here for hunt sales and a classified board where people have been ripped off. This string just suports many peoples view of this site many here just have to drag things to the lowest common denomiator. Of course when it is free you get what you pay for.

Die,

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. AR is free, but to insinuate that the price reflects its value would be wrong. If there's an African hunting site I haven't been through end-to-end it's very cleverly hidden, and none, anywhere even begin to approach the quantity and quality of information here. I've read every Post in the "Hunting Reports- Africa" category and it's easily equivalent to several books, as is the "Double Rifles" category and the Category you Posted this in.

Considering the total number of Posters here, to find a single asshole who would make stupid remarks about the leopard hunting accident shouldn't be surprising; what is more significant, to my thinking, was how the overwhelming majority of folks reacted to that asshole.

I'm not fishing for brownie points here, since I'll soon be gone from the internet for a good while, but from my perspective Accurate Reloading has no competition as the best participatory hunting site on the net.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9585 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Ross,

It is impossible to sell you something.

Mark

Don't give up. I am saving up for Lobo/Lokisale or Save, slowly. The three kids in college and $50 oil price has hampered me a bit - but, they will graduate eventually and oil will be back at $100 in the next year or so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been a lurker on this site for the past 4 years or so, and I just started posting. Since the thread was about other sites I wanted to take the opportunity to give a big thank you to Saeed for what he has given us with AR, and also another thank you to everyone else who works on keeping it the way it is. Over the years it has given me volumes of information and untold hours of entertainment. It is quite unlike any other shooting site out there. Thank you again!

Posts: 319 | Location: SW Idaho, USA | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
quote:
quote:

McBragg is now up to 50 years in the safari business and a host of other "creative descriptions". I left the site after seeing a lot of the same BS that was being sold as gospel. Being a commercial site, I have misgivings about who is posting hunts and experience as they may be trying to sell me something.

Yeah, I see McBragg is now claiming to have hunted in Kenya years ago. bsflag

It seems like only last year that he was telling people on HuntAmerica about his first trip to Africa in 1998. rotflmo

Gator

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I'll second that compliment. Thanks Saeed and everyone else working hard to keep AR the best out there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DOJ Thanks for the link. Now maybe Chippy and Adcrook can find a new home? It will be interesting to see how long some other site would put up with their foul mouths and BS.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just looked at the site.

Question I have is (maybe I am slow) who is McBragg?? Is it Ray?

just do not remember a McBragg before.
Just want to avoid him based on comments.

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In fairness, I do think that it's wrong of Saeed to force folks who don't like AR to read and post here. They really should be allowed to leave if they want to...

Posts: 9585 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a great site. I've learned a lot here and made a few friends, as well.

And, yes, who is MCBragg? I think I know already...

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:

It seems like only last year that he was telling people on HuntAmerica about his first trip to Africa in 1998. rotflmo

I think you are sorely mistaken sir! I would be very intrested in seeing where you found that little tid-bit of information, because I know for a fact he has been hunting Africa at least 20 yrs before 1998!

How about you find that info you claim to have read posted by Ray, because if you do I'll re-post it all over the net, but I don't think you can find it, because I don't think it exists! shame

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
In fairness, I do think that it's wrong of Saeed to force folks who don't like AR to read and post here. They really should be allowed to leave if they want to...

rotflmo clap

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AR is by far the best hunting site, heads above the rest. However....it may well be the most hostile. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:

I think you are sorely mistaken sir! I would be very intrested in seeing where you found that little tid-bit of information, because I know for a fact he has been hunting Africa at least 20 yrs before 1998!

How about you find that info you claim to have read posted by Ray, because if you do I'll re-post it all over the net, but I don't think you can find it, because I don't think it exists! shame

Mac

You are more than welcome to spend your time searching on HA for McBragg's bonifides. How ever, with Ray's penchant for deleting his posts and re writing the one's he saves, I wish you luck. killpc

I'm sure that he know claims to have been Hunting with Bunny Allen and Bror Blixen.

An Internet Legend. rotflmo

Gator

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:

yuck

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just signed up on the other site. After looking around bit, I don't think I will be visitng there very much. AR sure seems easier to navigate and not nearly as commercial.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have always held the attitude that we should have as many hunting sites as we can.

It gives us all better exposure, where more hunters might be brought into our sport.

I consider Ray as my friend. We hunted together on 2 safaris, and he was a pleasure to be with.

The only reservation I have about him was he forged a strong friendship with Walter!

And that, my friends, is a very big black mark against the character of any indvidual!

This had happened to me over 30 years ago, and I haven't recovered since!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67051 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

Posts: 298 | Location: Antioch | Registered: 09 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

I have always held the attitude that we should have as many hunting sites as we can.

It gives us all better exposure, where more hunters might be brought into our sport.

I consider Ray as my friend. We hunted together on 2 safaris, and he was a pleasure to be with.

The only reservation I have about him was he forged a strong friendship with Walter!

And that, my friends, is a very big black mark against the character of any indvidual!

This had happened to me over 30 years ago, and I haven't recovered since!

I couldn't agree more, this is one of several I read regularly, but most of what I see elsewhere is retreaded stuff from AR.

Ray has never done me any harm, nor shown any desire to, but the same can be said of Walter, so...

What I don't understand is how you have any time to go hunting while running around the world forcing folks to read this site and post here against their will. You should be ashamed.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:

What I don't understand is how you have any time to go hunting while running around the world forcing folks to read this site and post here against their will. You should be ashamed.

Big Grin clap thumb

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13404 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOHEMOND:
quote:

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

There's plenty of room at the Hotel AR Wink

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
rotflmo

quote:

quote:
Mac

You are more than welcome to spend your time searching on HA for McBragg's bonifides. How ever, with Ray's penchant for deleting his posts and re writing the one's he saves, I wish you luck. killpc

I'm sure that he know claims to have been Hunting with Bunny Allen and Bror Blixen.

Hey Hoss you're the one who made the accusation, not me! Big Grin

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mac

Looks like HA lost all its old posts in a server change... stir

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
quote:

Mac

How convenient for Gator1 clap

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
All is not completely lost. The truly dedicated can try to find the posts at The Internet Wayback Machine.

Definitely hit or miss. Interesting to see some posts by George Hoffman.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
quote:

Mac

How convenient for Gator1 clap

How convenient for Commander McBragg. coffee

Gator

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll bet Ray bought them that server just so some posts would disappear, probably installed it against their will, too.