THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    " THE ESSENCE OF ELEPHANT HUNTING"-FINISHED!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

" THE ESSENCE OF ELEPHANT HUNTING"-FINISHED!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
“THE ESSENCE OF ELE HUNTING” FINISHED!!

Folks after 4 years of some great elephant footage I have finally finished my new DVD- “THE ESSENCE OF ELEPHANT HUNTING”

This 2 hour odd- “commercial free” DVD (I was unlucky enough to not get any sponsors!!) is action packed yet also very informative which is a theme that I have tried to continue through out my DVDs. “THE ESSENCE OF ELEPHANT HUNTING” covers the following

1/ TROPHY ELEPHANT BULL HUNTING IN ZIMBABWE-covering in detail the differences between hunting trophy elephant bulls in the two major areas of Zimbabwe been the North Western Areas ( Matetsi and the forrestery blocks near Wankie National Parks) and the Zambezi Valley. This covers the differences between style of hunt, sizes of areas, genetic differences in elephant size and tusk size and judging, trophy expectations, habitat etc.

The back bone of this chapter is covered by taking you through 2 clients safaris with me where the one client shoots two bulls of 70 and a 55lbs each in Ngamo Sukumi (Forrestery area) while the other client shoots two bulls of 55 and 53lbs in the Dande Safari area (Zambezi Valley). In this way you can visually see a huge difference between the two hunts without a huge amount of narration or sitting around “the campfire” explaining the differences.

I covered what I considered the two MAIN area been NW areas and Zambezi Valley as it is these areas that you will hunt elephant in the way that you should and that is by finding tracks and tracking rather then waiting on boundaries and or shooting at night etc. I do not mean to generalise and apologise in advance to the few fellows who do hunt elephant in the correct manner in the Southern part of Zimbabwe.

2/ A CLIENTS QUEST FOR EXCITING ELEPHANT HUNTING CLOSE UP WITH A DOUBLE- this has one fellows ( I wont mention who!) safari with several elephant including a 70lbs bull and makes for exciting footage.

3/ HOW ELEPHANT HUNTING AND ELEPHANT BEHAVIUOR HAS CHANGED FROM THE GOOD OLD DAYS DUE TO INCREASED POACHING AND HUMAN PRESSURE- having hunted only elephant exclusively for the past 15 years there is no doubt that in Zimbabwe the elephants have become far more aware and aggressive then in the past. I put this firmly down to the increase of poaching and bad government wildlife management policies been carried out in Zimbabwe today.

This chapter also deals with some myths about how to tell mock charge vs the real deal and has several hectic charges. I analyse these charges to see why they happened / what went wrong and how they could have been avoided or dealt with in a better manner.

All in all 2 hours of exciting and informative elephant hunting footage that I am sure you will all enjoy. This DVD as well as my other two will be available at our booths in Dallas 2620 and 2622 and Vegas 3770 and 3772 with a free beer (after 4 pm!) and also through Safari Press and our website www.cmsafaris.com as of the 1st of Feb.

Happy Xmas to you all and hope to see you at the shows and a finally big thanks to Saeed for the great site that has helped so may hunters have wonderful experiences in Africa! All the best Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted Hide Post
Buzz, very much looking forward too watching this new production. If it is only half as informative as the previous elephant DVD it will be invaluable!!

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
Have the other 2 dvd`s, which I really enjoy, so I`m looking forward too watch this one:-)

Torbjorn

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
look forward to seeing it buzz -

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been waiting for this one for some time. I'll get mine in Dallas!

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
Good work Buzz! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy. Did you decide to have it done in Blu-Ray, or only standard dvd?

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to purchasing one at DSC.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:

Folks after 4 years of some great elephant footage I have finally finished my new DVD- “THE ESSENCE OF ELEPHANT HUNTING”

All in all 2 hours of exciting and informative elephant hunting footage that I am sure you will all enjoy. This DVD as well as my other two will be available at our booths in Dallas 2620 and 2622 and Vegas 3770 and 3772 with a free beer (after 4 pm!) and also through Safari Press and our website www.cmsafaris.com as of the 1st of Feb.

I have to wait until February to see this?!?!?!? shocker NO FAIR!

All kidding aside, I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Thanks, Buzz.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will get my copy in Vegas, although I hate to wait. Congrats Buzz on what I am sure is another excellent DVD.

Tim

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
See ya in Dallas.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Buzz,
Congratulations on the release of what I am sure will be another classic and entertaining video from the boys at CMS! I look forward to securing a copy in Dallas.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Sounds great and I much enjoyed your last.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Mwindaji
posted Hide Post
I loved the previous one; can't wait to see it!

Posts: 13 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Congrats Buzz! I know you have put a ton or time and effort into it. I will have to pick one up in Dallas. Looking forward to it...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz, leaving a day earlier than planned for Dallas, I suspect a major rush on sales and don't want to miss out. You raised the bar on video's with the last one, I'm sure this one will be just as good.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
Creating a new video that matches the quality of your previous two was undoubtedly a mammoth effort. Congratulations to you and Myles, and of course videographer Justin Drainer and film editor David Leonhardt, for creating what I'm sure will be another 'must have' African hunting video. Picking up a copy at SCI will be one of my first priorities.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting this done. I know that it is a challenge to try and get a DVD edited, narrated, produced and ready to release under the best of circumstances much less when you are are trying to do this working between shows in the States.

Mike

Posts: 21695 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
Will grab one from you in Vegas.

Sounds like a great DVD, looking forward to watching it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The first one was great. I watched it repeatedly. It definitely enabled me to shoot in the right place.

I will pick one up in Vegas.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Whenver I hear the word 'essence' used close to 'elephant' I always think of what Beryl Markham said in her book, West with the night.

"The essence of elephant hunting is discomfort in such lavish proportions that only the wealthy can afford it."

Look forward to seeing the video!

One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted Hide Post
Congrats !! have the other two and thay are Great , see you in Dallas expect me at 4:05 ! Cheers .

Posts: 132 | Location: oklahoma city ,oklahoma ,usa | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can`t wait to see it!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good on you Buzzard!!

Bring back some copies to flog in Babwe!!

A Zimbo does it again...

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Really looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully you have a copy or two left in Vegas. Smiler

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great accomplishment for you and Myles especially while hunting full time and running a company! While it is more difficult on you, I appreciate your commitment to produce and sell an authentic elephant hunting movie despite the lack of financial sponsors. There is some very good elephant footage on the market today when very little existed just a few years ago. I'm sure this third product will contribute to your educational and entertaining legacy. Enjoy your warm weather!

Posts: 97 | Location: Texas | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Buzz and Myles make sure you save me a copy and see you soon.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Buzz, what is the best way to order it to Germany. Br frank

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi All

Thanks for the great comments guys! I hope all had a fantastic Xmas. Brett regards Blue Ray- we have done it in normal format as from the questionaire done earlier in the year it was decided that the " Blue Ray" contingency were in the minority.

I know Dave ( my editor) did say that he had the equipment to do it in Blue Ray so if he can I will get one done for you so long as it does not cost an "arm and a leg"!

Frank-I am hoping to have it available on our website www.cmsafaris.com within the next week or so. You can buy it there and Dave my editor will send it on to you in Germany.

I hope you all enjoy it. Cheers Buzz

PS BAXTER B- thats a fanatstic comment there!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
can't wait to see it.
I will stop by in Vegas to buy a copy for sure Big Grin

best of luck to CMS!
cheers

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz-
If Blu-Ray is a possibility, I'd like that as well.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Buzz, I look fwd to another top quality production. Hats off to you and David!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Marty and Brett

Just chatted to Dave and we will be putting all 3 dvd into Blue ray later next year but it will take a bit of time.

So what I am able to offer is anyone who has any of /all of the 3 can send them to Dave and, as and when the HD versions are ready, we will happily swop them at no charge. Happy new year to all! Cheers Buzz

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Whew! Just in time for the shows. Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it Buzz. I thought the last one was quite informative! I'll pick one up in Dallas.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it! See ya in Dallas.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where can this video be ordered from? Thank you.

Posts: 27 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Stealth
posted Hide Post
Cannot wait to see your new DVD. I learned so much from the first two, I can't imagine how you could expand upon them, but I know that you have!

"Personal is not the same as important", Corporal Carrot, Men at Arms

Posts: 144 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 04 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
hi Buzz

I am game for Vegas mass.
But what kind of beer are you offering?
Could beer be offered before 4 PM as at this
time there is no chance one can still be
thirsty??
By the way essence is the same word in French,
but it also means fuel, that why I am talking
of hunter's fuel.

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi JB

Sitting in Dudai airport at 1 am trying to connect to Dallas!!! JB If you make the Vegas madness it will make my trip all the better and I promise you something better then a BUD and at what ever time you want! If you are after your terrible Pastis you better bring it yourself~!!!!

North Easter- you will be able to order it through www.cmsafaris.com or Safari press in about 2 weeks time. Hopefully see you all at the shows. Cheers Buzz

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Buzz,

Good to see you and Myles today. Will be back again tomorrow.

Just finished watching the DVD. It's very good. An instant favorite!