THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    May I make a suggestion for hunters and PHs going forward
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May I make a suggestion for hunters and PHs going forward
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks,

I certainly don't believe I'm the only one that thinks these trophy pix with the client's face blanked out looks like crap. How about next time you're in the field, kill something and the hunter is not wanting his face shown publicly with the trophy take a 2nd picture just with the animal or with the PH only being in the shot. I think if we can make that routine not only will the pictures look better but it won't feed the antis point of view that we are ashamed of what we do.

Just a suggestion!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
You are absolutely right Mark.

It looks silly, and gives the idea of the hunter being ashamed of himself!

Lots of them on Instagram too!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68597 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Well said Mark ! Fully agree !

Either in or out.

As you said, feeding the antis with our own posts and shopped images.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2321 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Plus One to all the above.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Social media has been the bane of protecting our hunting rights.

Cecil would have been just another collared lion shot without the stupid pictures.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I will not hide my face, being proud to be a hunter. That is easy to say, as being mostly retired and owning no businesses there are no commercial consequences to showing my face.
The blurred face photos remind me of naughty pictures from a bygone era, with black bars over the eyes.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Or just refrain entirely. Hunting and especially killing is such an esoteric activity that it loses almost all context with these social media shares. And the very self-aware pics of hunters essentially “laying hands” on an animal they have killed is ridiculous. They are simulacra. Feel free to flame...

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We should not refrain just to satisfy their sick minds!

I say show what you wish to show with pride, and tell hell with them!

Just read that they think that classic movie, JAMES BOND DR. NO., is considered sexist and James Bond as a rapist!!

They ramming all their sick ideas on us, and we should not be scared of standing up to them!

Posts: 68597 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Just read that they think that classic movie, JAMES BOND DR. NO., is considered sexist and James Bond as a rapist!!

They ramming all their sick ideas on us, and we should not be scared of standing up to them!

Well, my comment would be what is gained by offering up the very information the anti hunting movement uses to stop our sport?

What is the net gain?

I would compare it to street racers posting pictures on line of their racing and where they do it, simply to antagonize the cops.

Do you want to lose hunting in Africa? That is a very real possibility. Again posting hunting pictures with NO UPSIDE POTENTIAL, only down.

It's obvious the PH's post them as a sales tool, which I understand.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

Well, my comment would be what is gained by offering up the very information the anti hunting movement uses to stop our sport?

What is the net gain?

I would compare it to street racers posting pictures on line of their racing and where they do it, simply to antagonize the cops.

Do you want to lose hunting in Africa? That is a very real possibility. Again posting hunting pictures with NO UPSIDE POTENTIAL, only down.

Dammit man, I was literally typing the same thing.

What has posting all these pictures gained for us?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

What is the net gain?

Dammit man, I was literally typing the same thing.

What has posting all these pictures gained for us?

Cool

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Folks,

I certainly don't believe I'm the only one that thinks these trophy pix with the client's face blanked out looks like crap. How about next time you're in the field, kill something and the hunter is not wanting his face shown publicly with the trophy take a 2nd picture just with the animal or with the PH only being in the shot. I think if we can make that routine not only will the pictures look better but it won't feed the antis point of view that we are ashamed of what we do.

Just a suggestion!

Mark

+1 more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37719 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Folks,

Just a suggestion!

Mark

IMO, the last sentence (in bold) is a perfect read of this trend of posted pictures, with the hunters face blurred, is certainly the way all anti hunting idiots read it as a cowards way of hiding his SIN!
If you don't want you face shown take the picture with only your rifle for posting, and one for yourself with you in it for your den or office.

...................................................................... 2020 old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Do you think by hiding you are going to stop them being against hunting?

I enjoy hunting.

I will continue to hunt, I will post any photos I bloody well wish to post.

And to hell with them.

Bloody hell!

What has happened to some of you lot?

You bend backwards because they screamed “canned” hunts.

Now Yiu rod sticking your heads in the sand because they object to you posting photos of what you enjoy doing??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you think by hiding you are going to stop them being against hunting?

I enjoy hunting.

I will continue to hunt, I will post any photos I bloody well wish to post.

And to hell with them.

Bloody hell!

What has happened to some of you lot?

You bend backwards because they screamed “canned” hunts.

Now Yiu rod sticking your heads in the sand because they object to you posting photos of what you enjoy doing??

I enjoy hunting more than posting hero shots.

Risk/rewards...

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

What has it gained for us?

For me it has

1/ shown me animals in a hunting context that I have not seen before

2/ it has shown me the differences in buffalo - bodies, horns, bosses and other animals

3/ it has shown me countryside landscapes and habitat

4/ it has shown me wheelchair hunters and a hunter with only one leg

5/ it has shown me trackers and PHs around the globe that I had not seen before

5/ it has shown me some excellent quality photograph of a sport / hobby / interest that I follow with passion

6/ it has - except for the subject of this thread being shopped faces - shown me people that are happy and even proud of what they are doing and that are happy to share their pictures with like minded people

should I go on?

Posts: 2321 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:
What has it gained for us?

For me it has

1/ shown me animals in a hunting context that I have not seen before

2/ it has shown me the differences in buffalo - bodies, horns, bosses and other animals

3/ it has shown me countryside landscapes and habitat

4/ it has shown me wheelchair hunters and a hunter with only one leg

5/ it has shown me trackers and PHs around the globe that I had not seen before

5/ it has shown me some excellent quality photograph of a sport / hobby / interest that I follow with passion

should I go on?

Your first sentence says it all, “me.” “Us” refers to the struggling hunting community at large.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

I cannot speak for others. But I am sure the majority here will share my sentiment.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

The point of wiping out the faces is to avoid possible harassment by the antis and some employers do not want their business to be associated with hunting. I have a client that works for a sensitive government agency. They've made it very clear that they do not want my client's pictures posted anywhere with dead animals.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

As the opening post suggested - a second picture of just the animal !

Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:

Cecil would have been just another collared lion shot without the stupid pictures.

My brother in law is a fairly famous internet marketing expert; went from rags to riches. He told me that there were exactly ZERO searches for Cecil the lion before he was shot. And my bro in law is not a hunter; he has no dog in the fight.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:

My brother in law is a fairly famous internet marketing expert; went from rags to riches. He told me that there were exactly ZERO searches for Cecil the lion before he was shot. And my bro in law is not a hunter; he has no dog in the fight.

I was watching the only English TV channel last evening in Brazil, CNN. They had on some past FB executive. His comment was, "Social Media is detrimental to society."

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Blurring faces gives a clear message that you are can't or wont back up the activity that you are engaged in.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
If you're not fully proud to post it, and to defend it, don't post it at all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like shots of game and a nice rifle.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some people don't want their face on the internet, regardless of the situation.

It has never bothered me, but I am not exactly sensitive to what others think about me. LOL

Instead of blurring the features or blacking out part of the face, why not decapitate the hunters?

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Folks,

Just a suggestion!

Mark

+1

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I will post what I want and those who don't like it can kiss my "donkey".

Me with my Cape Buffalo on my Facebook page. Some people unfriended me like I care.

One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
I get it; I personally have no issue with my own face being posted, but I can see where some people may not wish their own face be put in a photo put up by a PH or safari company.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, a second photo with PH in it is the answer.
I have been doing this for years.
Unfortunately due to my profession showing my face could be a problem. (I would love to)
This is what the world has come to....... all trail by social media

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And once again we see why we are going to see hunting go the way of the Dodo!

Instead of finding a way to show that we are proud of the animals that we have killed on a hunt in a manner that does not offend people, we should just rub it in peoples faces, to prove WHAT?????????

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Folks,

Just a suggestion!

Mark

Mark,
Dawn and I purposely put the hunt pictures on our Facebook pages just to see if anybody got their panties in a twist. I say screw all the internet keyboard commandos. Come and stand on my porch and tell me how you feel about my chosen pursuit, if it really bothers you that much.

Posts: 788 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dawn and I purposely put the hunt pictures on our Facebook pages just to see if anybody got their panties in a twist. I say screw all the internet keyboard commandos. Come and stand on my porch and tell me how you feel about my chosen pursuit, if it really bothers you that much.

And what will be your attitude when hunting gets shutdown??????

Personnally, I do not want to lose the ability to hunt because of your arrogance!

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
What has happened to personal choice? As far as I am concerned, it is up to the individual, what and how they want to post a photo. You people who say they should do it this or that way ARE JUST AS BAD as the anti's who say you should hunt at all. Last I heard, we still have personal freedom here, if you don't like someone's photo, don't look at it.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
If you're not fully proud to post it, and to defend it, don't post it at all.

I think some here would like us to just disappear.

Juts like the bloody antis want anyway!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed, it is up to the individual, just like it is up to the individual as to whether they want to alienate people that may not really have anything againt hunting/hunters or really do not care and honestly believe that public opinion is not going to determine the future of hunting.

No skin off my ass either way, my hunting days are getting fewer as time goes along and I have no kids or grandkids, so why should I care whether anyone gets to hunt in the future?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think some here would like us to just disappear.

That is the dumbest statement I have seen you make in the entire time I have been on this site.

Are you serious?

Posting hunting pictures on this or ANYOTHER dedicated hunting site is one thing. Look at how many on here complained about the "Croc Hunter" on the "Trophy" documentary.

In case you have not noticed Saeed, hunters are fast becoming a minority in today's world.

Why are you and others offened because some of us are merely saying that there are pictures that can/should be posted, even on Face Book, anmd some that shouldn't.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark:

So fk 'em get another job!!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6000 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How masny on here like seeing hunting shows with the "Hunters" doing end zone celebrations?

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
We take photos; we take a lot of them. We take photos that respect the animal and they are all over our home and a limited amount have been shared on pro-hunting websites. Some have been used by PH's, outfitters and a companies in the hunting/firearms industry. We do not post anything on the "come one come all" social media. We are not afraid or ashamed; we just don't share personal moments with the unwashed masses. We gladly share them with similar minded people.

We will not back down from the fanatical, liberal a$$ clowns, but we not feed them ammunition for their cause either. You can be a "quiet professional" and still stand firm in supporting your cause.

Safe travels................L

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote