THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    May I make a suggestion for hunters and PHs going forward
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May I make a suggestion for hunters and PHs going forward
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We take a crap load of photos, sometimes I think too many!

I post the better ones on my Facebook page, but have the preferences set so only "friends" can view them. That way friends and family can see what I've been up too without the snoopy bastards seeing it!

Sometimes it's best to not borrow trouble.

Posts: 552 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundog 64:
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Folks,

I certainly don't believe I'm the only one that thinks these trophy pix with the client's face blanked out looks like crap. How about next time you're in the field, kill something and the hunter is not wanting his face shown publicly with the trophy take a 2nd picture just with the animal or with the PH only being in the shot. I think if we can make that routine not only will the pictures look better but it won't feed the antis point of view that we are ashamed of what we do.

Just a suggestion!

Mark

Mark,
Dawn and I purposely put the hunt pictures on our Facebook pages just to see if anybody got their panties in a twist. I say screw all the internet keyboard commandos. Come and stand on my porch and tell me how you feel about my chosen pursuit, if it really bothers you that much.

Good attitude mate.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9946 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

Personnally, I do not want to lose the ability to hunt because of your arrogance!

Are you serious? Hunting is going to be shut down because I posted pictures on Facebook? Wow I had no clue I was so influential. I for one am sick and tired of trying to play nice with people who do not give a damn about whats right or true, and are only worried about forcing me and others to live by their standards.
Sir, I have served my country and I stand on my own 2 feet. If someone is offended by a picture I put on my Facebook page....then don't look.

Posts: 788 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Do you think by hiding you are going to stop them being against hunting?

I enjoy hunting.

I will continue to hunt, I will post any photos I bloody well wish to post.

And to hell with them.

Bloody hell!

What has happened to some of you lot?

You bend backwards because they screamed “canned” hunts.

Now Yiu rod sticking your heads in the sand because they object to you posting photos of what you enjoy doing??

I enjoy hunting more than posting hero shots.

Risk/rewards...

There will be a time when posting gory photos of dead animals on social media will be totally banned unless it is a privately owned site like AR where we renegades, murderers of Simba, Scar, Bambi and the likes do congregate and share our evil vices. Big Grin

Posts: 2029 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Mark has a point.

Many of us have been called out for hiding behind a handle. I then added my name, although it could affect my business negatively. However, most of my clients would not care.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think some here would like us to just disappear.

Some already have as they don't need the negative publicity - just look how the hunting reports have dwindled; some don't like negative comments from AR members while most get hammered by the general public.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you serious? Hunting is going to be shut down because I posted pictures on Facebook? Wow I had no clue I was so influential. I for one am sick and tired of trying to play nice with people who do not give a damn about whats right or true, and are only worried about forcing me and others to live by their standards.
Sir, I have served my country and I stand on my own 2 feet. If someone is offended by a picture I put on my Facebook page....then don't look.

Its all a matter of time and quite frankly, the powers that be (those who will eventually put pen to paper) don't give a damn if you served your country or not and will gladly do so to protect their status.

Do you honestly believe that a President, Congressman/woman, Senator or Governor is going to run the risk of losing votes/position/livelihood/$$ just because a minority want to continue exercising their God-given "rights"?

It has already taken off or do you need reminding?

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Each to their own, screw the antis
Simply I don’t wanna live my life in fear of others and their thoughts about me
On this matter “ out of my cold dead hands “ and PR out the window( 10th story preferably)

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

Personnally, I do not want to lose the ability to hunt because of your arrogance!

Ask yourself. . . Was the Cecil goat rope a net positive or a net negative for Lion hunting/elephant hunting and African hunting in general?

Had the very first Cecil picture not been posted, anywhere by anyone, where would we be, right now?

Airlines lost their courage and shut down the cartage of trophies, mens livelihood were threatened.

It has little to nothing to do with living by another standards, its just as simple as is it a positive or negative to the freedom to continue to pursue this sport.

Its really just that simple.

Are we hunters? or are we fighting about our rights to post photographs? Me, I'll pick hunting. I see people making comments that we're "afraid" or bowing to their demands, its really the polar opposite. Just think it through, be intellectually honest with yourself.

We are far too small a demographic to stand on an "in your face" attitude.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
On this matter “ out of my cold dead hands “ and PR out the window( 10th story preferably)

Milan, you are taking my point not as intended. I give zero shits what they think, I just don't want to provide them the actual material that they use to go on an emotionally driven, anti-hunting crusade.

I've offered to Saeed several times, privatize AR, make it a pay site. Take the proceeds and make a yearly donation to some anti-poaching unit. That would de-suade most of the anti-hunting zealots from "right click save."

I believe they won't spend a dollar to find anything offered free elsewhere. You don't see magazine article being used, books, or anything considered a pay source.

I'd pay AR 25-50 bucks a year. If posting pictures is so damned important to the rest here, I would think they would as well.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Milan, you are taking my point not as intended. I give zero shits what they think, I just don't want to provide them the actual material that they use to go on an emotionally driven, anti-hunting crusade.

I've offered to Saeed several times, privatize AR, make it a pay site. Take the proceeds and make a yearly donation to some anti-poaching unit. That would de-suade most of the anti-hunting zealots from "right click save."

I believe they won't spend a dollar to find anything offered free elsewhere. You don't see magazine article being used, books, or anything considered a pay source.

I'd pay AR 25-50 bucks a year. If posting pictures is so damned important to the rest here, I would think they would as well.

Why don’t you set up your own site?

Didn’t you and others tried that, and failed miserably?

If I recall, both your own attitude and those you were in partnership with left a lot to be desired!

You lot did not endear yourselves to anyone, least of all members of AR!

In fact, were you not so obnoxious in your behavior in one of your past characters that you were banned here?

Didn’t one of those you were partnered with admit that he had set up over a dozen websites, and all have failed?

AR is set up for the benefit of our hunting community.

Both professionals and clients.

We are not going to cater for some fringe nutcases!

As you might have noticed, these lot never last on AR!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68597 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
quote:

Why don’t you set up your own site?

Didn’t you and others tried that, and failed miserably?

If I recall, both your own attitude and those you were in partnership with left a lot to be desired!

You lot did not endear yourselves to anyone, least of all members of AR!

In fact, were you not so obnoxious in your behavior in one of your past characters that you were banned here?

Didn’t one of those you were partnered with admit that he had set up over a dozen websites, and all have failed?

AR is set up for the benefit of our hunting community.

Both professionals and clients.

We are not going to cater for some fringe nutcases!

As you might have noticed, these lot never last on AR!

Saeed, I simply started posting on "Safari Rifles" when it appeared. It was a flash in the pan. I had no interest in it, what so ever. There were many AR posters over there as well. Like Todd Williams as an example.

As far as banning. I got banned over the CB, Brittany shooting the dog handler. I actually became pretty good friend with CB over that, as did Andy. CB actually mention Andy, by name in an article, as his friend.

I've enjoyed my time here, met some good folks. Seems I'm an the outlier here and an open exchange of ideas isn't welcome. My idea of a pay site was just that, an idea.

Regards,

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I will PROUDLY be in everyone of my harvest photo's also.

Posts: 2642 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

Its all a matter of time and quite frankly, the powers that be (those who will eventually put pen to paper) don't give a damn if you served your country or not and will gladly do so to protect their status.

Do you honestly believe that a President, Congressman/woman, Senator or Governor is going to run the risk of losing votes/position/livelihood/$$ just because a minority want to continue exercising their God-given "rights"?

No Sir I do not need any remiding, I am quite aware of what is going on. I personally don't trust any politician, their only loyalty is to their donors not the voters. What I, and only I am saying is hiding in the shadows and trying to make the anti's like us won't work. The evidence out there that fully supports what we do is a very effective management tool, but it does not matter when people let emotions make their decisions. The hunting/gun owner issues are all the same, one group of people that want things their way, and only their way and force everyone to live by their standards. I have never told anyone they have to own a gun or hunt. And I will not hide from those that try to tell me I cannot hunt or own guns, that was my point. Having a member here tell me that hunting is going to be outlawed because I posted pictures on my Facebook page is simply stupid.

One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No Sir I do not need any reminding, I am quite aware of what is going on. I personally don't trust any politician, their only loyalty is to their donors not the voters. What I, and only I am saying is hiding in the shadows and trying to make the anti's like us won't work. The evidence out there that fully supports what we do is a very effective management tool, but it does not matter when people let emotions make their decisions. The hunting/gun owner issues are all the same, one group of people that want things their way, and only their way and force everyone to live by their standards. I have never told anyone they have to own a gun or hunt. And I will not hide from those that try to tell me I cannot hunt or own guns, that was my point. Having a member here tell me that hunting is going to be outlawed because I posted pictures on my Facebook page is simply stupid.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any particular reason why you posted your pics on FB? Be truthful now.

The problem today is the god-forsaken social media accessible to each and all. It was all so different when none of these public viewing sites existed; photos were in black/white and later, in colour, accessible only to the eyes of whomever the author decided. I guarantee those photos were not shown to persons who may have had negative views on hunting (even back then).

Times have changed but some people seem to ignore the fact that not everyone agrees with our version of sport; to feed them with clips on YouTube, photos on FB and other similar media outlets is simply suicidal and begging for trouble.

No-one is asking anyone to stop hunting as it is part of their God-given right until some asshole in government puts himself above God and with the stroke of a pen (Botswana, Kenya) could make the antis wish come true. The US ban on Lion and Ivory imports ring a bell?

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:

The problem today is the god-forsaken social media accessible to each and all. It was all so different when none of these public viewing sites existed; photos were in black/white and later, in colour, accessible only to the eyes of whomever the author decided. I guarantee those photos were not shown to persons who may have had negative views on hunting (even back then).

Times have changed but some people seem to ignore the fact that not everyone agrees with our version of sport; to feed them with clips on YouTube, photos on FB and other similar media outlets is simply suicidal and begging for trouble.

No-one is asking anyone to stop hunting as it is part of their God-given right until some asshole in government puts himself above God and with the stroke of a pen (Botswana, Kenya) could make the antis wish come true. The US ban on Lion and Ivory imports ring a bell?

Yes.+1

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do what ever you feel like doing! I do not agree with you, but that is nothing new among hunters.

At this point in time, I could care less any more, if hunting is lost for future generations that is just the way things worked out, no skin off my ass however it turns out.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the way GW does it. Most are very neatly discretionary.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I agree, but some of us still believe in the "In Your Face" concept and do not care about the out come, so maybe we need to quit worrying about the future of hunting worldwide and just let things happen and to hell with future generations!

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Among other headlines in this morning's news Trump's interview with Piers Morgan caught my eye.
I did mention something about asshole politicians didn't I coffee

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

We had an individual he came over here trying to find a suitable PH to hunt with.

He found what he wanted, went and had a great time.

He chose to put his hunt report on FB, rather than share it here with us.

All hell broke loose there apparently, and he had to delete it!

He never came back to AR!!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68597 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFRanger7GP:
We take photos; we take a lot of them. We take photos that respect the animal and they are all over our home and a limited amount have been shared on pro-hunting websites. Some have been used by PH's, outfitters and a companies in the hunting/firearms industry. We do not post anything on the "come one come all" social media. We are not afraid or ashamed; we just don't share personal moments with the unwashed masses. We gladly share them with similar minded people.

We will not back down from the fanatical, liberal a$$ clowns, but we not feed them ammunition for their cause either. You can be a "quiet professional" and still stand firm in supporting your cause.

Safe travels................L

This matches my view on the subject.

Posts: 3898 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote