THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone for a bargin Buffalo and/or elephant?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone for a bargin Buffalo and/or elephant?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted
ZIMBABWE BARGIN HUNTS FOR 2005

For those of you who have been waiting for a REALLY good deal on a buffalo hunt or for a chance to go and hunt an elephant, NOW is your time to take advantage of this opportunity.

The above hunts will be done in selected areas within various parks in Zimbabwe. These animals are harvested from the parks meat ration quota for the various areas. All meat remains the property of National Parks. Clients may take skull / cape / feet etc from Buffalo. Elephant NOT for export, client may only take photo’s.

THESE ANIMALS WILL BE TAKEN FROM THE ZAMBEZI VALLEY,WHICH CONSISTS OF CHARARA -MAKUTI, NYAKASANGA, SAPI, CHEWORE AND DANDE SAFARI AREAS!

NOTE THIS IS IN CONJUNCTION WITH NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OPERATOR! Hunts will be handled by either AJ or Barry van Heerden

These hunts will be done just as a normal safari would take place with a proper PH, vehicle, trackers and so forth. The accommodations will be either a tented safari camp or in a permanent chalet/lodge. You will fly into Harare, and then drive into the hunting area, so no charters required. Food, drinks and everything else is all included in the price of the safari.

All the elephant hunts will be for non-trophy elephant that have either broken or damaged ivory, single tuskers or ivory less than 35 pounds per side. This elephant hunt would be for someone who just wants to shoot an elephant, or for those that really love elephant hunting and will be happy with just the adventure of hunting elephant and a picture.

ALL INCLUSIVE MANAGEMENT HUNTS

7 - DAY BUFFALO (Average size of buffalo 38-40â€)
1x1 $5,900
2x1 $5,200

7 - DAY NON TROPHY ELEPHANT
1x1 $8,900 This trophy is Not for export!

7-Day Buffalo & Non-Trophy Elephant
1x1 $10,500 Buffalo can be exported, elephant can NOT.

Above Prices include:-
•Trophy fees for animals indicated
•Comfortable tented accommodation
•All meals / locally available beers / wines
•Daily laundry
•Services of a Licensed Professional Hunter
•Fully Equipped 4 x 4 hunting vehicle
•Road transport from Harare-hunting area and return
•Dipping/packing of trophies

Not included in the above prices:-
•Non-hunting observers US$150 per day each
•Hotels before/after hunt
•International flights
•Shipping of trophies

Extra Animals that can be hunted during the hunt:

HIPPO US$2000 EACH
KUDU US$1000 EACH
IMPALA US$350 EACH
WARTHOG US$350 EACH

This a great opportunity for those of you still wanting to plan something for this year, and with these prices, it would be hard to find any better deal. Call or e-mail if you have any questions at all, or if you want to book one of these hunts.

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Time frame limitations?
Thanks.
Dungbeetle

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A nice illegal operation!

Shows that Out of Africa are not the only rotten eggs trying to jump on the Zim bandwaggon.

For the record:- Ration animals are to be hunted by a)
parks staff so as to expose them to dangerous game hunting:
b) Learner Professional Hunters who have also passed their shooting exam and who need dangerous game experience before sitting the proficiency exam.

Last year the Warden from Makuti lost his job and a PH his licence over allowing an Austrian client to shoot a ration animal.

The operators who have these concessions have been informed of this attempt to hunt illegally in their areas (they have exclusive rights from parks in their contracts).

Stay well clear of this one!

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Well, this is interesting. I know that some ration animals have been shot for free because the parks guys didn't want to tackle the buff. No money changed hands. I can't imagine these concession holders agreeing to letting someone else come onto their concessions to shoot rations.

Waiting for further developments on this hot potato.........

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, this is interesting

_________

Adam?

Hunts/prices as advertised in this 1st post and with SAA having 747$ RT tickets, Dulles/Jo'bg, hmmmm. It's the stuff wet dreams are made of.
Dungbeetle

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Damn tempting at those prices, but sounds way too good to be true.........

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn tempting at those prices, but sounds way too good to be true.........

_____________________-
His regular hunts/prices are listed on;
www.safariconsultants.com
as a part of Big Game Safaris
Dungbeetle

one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
This thread should get interesting very quickly. Certainly hope that a well respected outfitter based out of the great State of Texas is not offering questionable hunts.

Ganyana, I think I saw somewhere that Out of Africa was the biggest winner/purchaser of concession rights at a recent Zim auction. Are they now "legitimized" or legal (however that is defined in Zim)?

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Out of Africa's current local partner Nyala Safaris/Headman Sibanda purchaced most of the hunts in Nyakasanga this year. Small problem- they haven't paid for the hunts, and the terms on the Auction were cash on the nail or, by arrangement, within 5 working days. That was a month ago.

The ministers banning order still stands - and was publicly re-iterated last week. Out of Africa may send their clients to hunt with Nyala Safaris or anybody else they choose provided they do no send a south African PH with the client or attempt to use South African vehicles to conduct the hunt with.

Since Nyala safaris are hunting on occupied Farms in the Gwaai, trophies from those hunts are stil contrabrand if they are imported into the USA or the EU. A court petition has been filed in Canada and Australia to prevent the importation of stolen goods there as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adam,

I received an e-mail overnight from Sally Brown of ZATSO/ZPHGA in Zimbabwe with a totally differnt story on this operation.

I tried to copy and paste it as could be done with the old system, but it either cannot be done or I don't know how.

I think I'd forget it.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information/clarification Ganyana. Your input is always appreciated.

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AfricanHunter:
I tried to copy and paste it as could be done with the old system, but it either cannot be done or I don't know how.

It still works; highlight the text, and hit CTRL+c. Then open a reply window here, and hit CTRL+v.

Or, forward it to me and I'll post it.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great value it is to us to have Ganyana there on the ground, knowing what is going on in Zim and willing to share his knowledge with us. Please stay with us Ganyana!

465 H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
Hold on folks, before you start to accuse and bash, throw stones and calling me a rotten egg. I do not think that it is appropriate for Gonyana to be calling me a rotten egg and take that as offensive. I am one of the honest guys and I would most certainly not even consider offerring any illegal hunts what so ever at anytime if I was aware that anything was illegal. To my knoweledge of these hunts, they do not appear to be illegal at all.

I will in the next day or two post a copy of the letter from the Director General signed by him autorizing these hunts with the van Heerdens as soon as they get it and e-mail it to me.

I am not an outfitter in Zimbabwe and never claim to be. I simply book clients to Zimbabwe with other outfitters and PH's. When I have facts and am told that they will have a signed letter approving these hunts, why would I think anything is illegal, and why would I not want to offer these hunts to others so that they may have the opportunity of doing a very affordable hunt.

I can assure you though, that if I am mistaken by the facts that I have seen and been given, then I will for sure not offer or book any of these hunts. I will post the facts for these hunts so that you can see that I am going on the facts that I am given and I am not out there trying to sell illegal hunts just for the hell of it.

I think it would have been better though for Ganyana to ask for the facts first though, before you go calling people names and trying to make me look bad! If the facts that I have are wrong, and can be proven to be wrong, then I will also wash my hands of these hunts. If I am wrong about these hunts, I will be the first to admit and agree that I am wrong for offering these hunts, but have only gone on good faith with the facts and information that has been given to me.

If these hunts are so wrong and illegal, then Ganyana and Sally need to contact the van Heerdens and prove it to them and not me. If they have been authorized to market these hunts how are they illegal?

So, before anymore name calling and bashing, lets get the facts straight first. We should all be on the same team here, and find out what the facts are together. I do not want to offer illegal hunts, but they appear to be lagit to me. I guess we will find out soon enough what is what.

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TO ALL OUR MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS
HUNTING IN ZIMBABWE

It has been brought to our attention that there is an advertisement currently on the Internet as printed below.

This purports to offer Bargain Hunts in the Zambezi Valley by AJ Van Heerden and Barry van Heerden and claims these are sanctioned by National Parks

PLEASE NOTE THESE HUNTS ARE ILLEGAL.

The Zimbabwe National Parks & Wildlife Authority Investigations Department are pursuing this matter, and the U.S. Wildlife & Fisheries have been informed.

The hunting areas names are all held on exclusive lease by legally licenced and registered hunting operators.

The membership of ZATSO may be found on website www.soaz.net. These are all lelgally licenced and registered Operators.

Yrs
Sally Bown
ZATSO/ZPHGA

Thanks for the help George

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
A bargain is not always what it appears, is it? Before booking a person best read the fine print!

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Barry Van Heerden's website:

Nyakasanga Safaris

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We shot impala for the game guard for his monthly ration. We could not keep the hide or horns. We could not pickup Horns from dead animals.

Maybe we had a PH and guard that were strictly by the book.

Posts: 402 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
A nice illegal operation!

Shows that Out of Africa are not the only rotten eggs trying to jump on the Zim bandwaggon.

For the record:- Ration animals are to be hunted by a)
parks staff so as to expose them to dangerous game hunting:
b) Learner Professional Hunters who have also passed their shooting exam and who need dangerous game experience before sitting the proficiency exam.

Last year the Warden from Makuti lost his job and a PH his licence over allowing an Austrian client to shoot a ration animal.

The operators who have these concessions have been informed of this attempt to hunt illegally in their areas (they have exclusive rights from parks in their contracts).

Stay well clear of this one!

Thank you for the heads up. By listing to sound advice, prospective clients can avoid a real can of worms.

quote:
Originally posted by safari12:

Hold on folks, before you start to accuse and bash, throw stones and calling me a rotten egg. I do not think that it is appropriate for Gonyana to be calling me a rotten egg and take that as offensive. I am one of the honest guys and I would most certainly not even consider offerring any illegal hunts what so ever at anytime if I was aware that anything was illegal. To my knoweledge and the facts and paper work that I have seen on these hunts, they do not appear to be illegal at all.

I will in the next day or two post a copy of the letter from the Director General signed by him autorizing these hunts with the van Heerdens as soon as they e-mail it to me.

I am not an outfitter in Zimbabwe and never claim to be. I simply book clients to Zimbabwe with other outfitters and PH's. When I have facts and a signed letter approving these hunts with a PH, why would I think anything is illegal, and why would I not want to offer these hunts to others so that they may have the opportunity of doing a very affordable hunt.

So, Ganyana, do not go accussing me of being a rotten egg, and Sally Brown should not be yelling about illegal hunts, as it has nothing to do with either of you, and as far as the facts and paper work goes, these hunts are legal and authorized by the Director General himself.

I can assure you though, that if I am mistaken by the facts that I have seen and been given, then I will for sure not offer or book any of these hunts. I will post the facts and the letter of autorization for these hunts so that you can see that I am going on the facts that I am given and I am not out there trying to sell illegal hunts just for the hell of it.

I think it would have been better though for Ganyana to ask for the facts first though, before you go calling people names and trying to make me look bad! If the facts that I have are wrong, and can be proven to be wrong, then I will also wash my hands of these hunts. If I am wrong about these hunts, I will be the first to admit and agree that I am wrong for offering these hunts, but have only gone on good faith with the facts and information that has been given to me.

If these hunts are so wrong and illegal, then Ganyana and Sally need to contact the van Heerdens and prove it to them and not me. If they have been authorized to market these hunts how are they illegal?

So, before anymore name calling and bashing, lets get the facts straight first. We should all be on the same team here, and find out what the facts are together. I do not want to offer illegal hunts, but they appear to be lagit to me. I guess we will find out soon enough what is what.

Adam Clements
Adam Clements Safari Trackers Inc. & Tanzania Bundu Safaris
24165 IH 10 West
Suite 205
San Antonio, TX 78257
210-698-0077 office
210-379-5880 cell
adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com

I don't mean to throw eggs at you Adam, but the booking agent should find out the facts before offering the hunt for sale. The client needs to be able to fully trust that the booking agent is sending him into a good situation for a quality hunt. It would seem that is what the booking agent's commission is for. Not to belabor it, but with regard to, "We should all be on the same team here, and find out what the facts are together," shouldn't the agent find out the facts first?

Thank you.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Everyone is running back and forth purportedly representing facts.

I've shot rations with Barry van Heerdon some years ago, but all on the up and up, and during a "safari" for other game. He was always a square-shooter with me, but we went our separate ways. Barry and AJ were given the heave ho some years ago from ZATSO, and have been reinstated this year, as I understand it.

I would want to get hard rock details about this if it were me.

Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Ha! My boy is even in a couple of the photos on the Nyakasanga web site. Smiler

I would disinherit the SOB if there was anything to disinherit him from.

jump

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safari 12 - no personal dig at you as the booking agent - you are not here and are not conducting the hunts.

The D.G. denied all knowledge of these hunts in front of the Parks Board chairman and the minister this morning, and Sally posted her warning following that meeting.

As soon as ZTA/the DG issues a statment to the industry (which should be tomorrow) Sally will send it out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
but have only gone on good faith

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:

Adam I agree 100% with you ...

Our good guests should not BAG the messenger BUT first listen to the debate and questions posed and not get personal ...

I have no agenda or interest myself BUT I do know Africa reasonably well having lived in Zim's and SA and have many contacts throughout Southern Africa whom I network with ..

IMHO by the very nature of the Zim's situation only a fool would jump into a situation without asking ALL the relavent questions and awaiting the answers ... Gunyana is a man on the ground in Zim's and we have respect for his views, Sally Brown MUST by virtue of her position be very clued up on the latest situation.

Call me a fool if you wish BUT when I see anything that is offered OUT of a NATIONAL PARK and not through what we call a registered bona fide hunting operator on the registred PH list within Zim's then I get a funny feeling come over me and I get sort of inquistive (-:

Now correct me if In wrong BUT is not a NATIONAL PARK under the ownership or DIRECT control of the ( ZANU/PF Government ) if so are they taking advantage of their monopoly and seeking gain at the expense of the hard working good guys operating in Zim's fully legit ..

Finally does our esteemed SCI have any comment, maybe someone ( A paid up member ) can call their hunter hotline, it might be an interesting conversation !!!

Keep the information coming BUT please dont bag the messenger Adam Clement whom I believe is acting himself in totally good faith ....

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Not to drag this down the the level of lawyers Smiler but it seems that all this would have been straightened out before any hunt offers were put out. So if these hunts turn out to be all smoke and mirrors...............

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, it sure makes the uninformed reader feel a bit nervous about sending a year or more of their hard earned money accross the ocean. How on earth would a normal person know that this type of thing is illegal? Is sounds like Adam did not even know. Given that he posts on here all the time, I wouldn't think he would intentionally expose himself as a crook or anything since I am sure he would have known someone would call him on it. On any other website, maybe not, but here, this is a pretty informed bunch. It sounds like a honest mistake on his part to post without all the info. Even the informed can be fooled. Glad we have this resource to catch people before they make big mistakes. I probably know very little compared to Adam or most of you having only been to Africa once, and I know it would be easy to pull one over on people. That is why we come here and elsewhere and do our homework.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will in the next day or two post a copy of the letter from the Director General signed by him autorizing these hunts with the van Heerdens as soon as they e-mail it to me.

Adam, I don't have a very big dog in this fight, just a little puppy. However, given the mess that Zimbabwe is in now, I would have thought the fact that these hunts were being superimposed on areas already allocated to others that it would have raised a lot of red flags.
All I am saying here is that a little more investigation before advertising might have been a proper business move and just MAYBE have saved some embarassment if the whole deal goes "south".
Maybe the Gov't has decided to "cut in" on the people they collected concession fees from in the past and present. Time will tell.

One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
You are correct in that we will see how this turns out. This may end up being a big mess and go South, but I can assure you that it was not because I did not do my homework.

There were red flags at first when this deal was presented to me and I have been on the phone to Zim well over a total of 3 hours discussing everything as well as a ton of e-mails back and forth asking all the questions and checking into everything that I thought I needed to know to make sure these hunts were okay to offer.

I would only be a fool to go and offer something that I did not think myself was legit. Surely you do not think I would have posted these hunts here in front of the world if I thought there was something wrong with them? Maybe it turns out I am wrong on these hunts and maybe will look like an idiot if they are not legit, but I did do all the research I thought I needed and offerred these hunts with good intentions. We have all looked like idiots before and maybe it is my turn, but we will see before I admit to that.

I can say that the only reason I did even look twice at these hunts is because I do know AJ van Heerden very well for many years, and have never had him lie or try to scam me anytime before, and when you trust a man at his word, and he assures you that everything is legal and on the up, and he is dealing with the director general himself why would I think he would lie to me now? I am still one who strongly believes in someones honor and their word, and have no reason to think that AJ would lie to me or let me do something that is not legal.

Maybe I am wrong though on this one and maybe I have been lied to and side swiped, but will wait and see what proof comes out before jumping on the bandwagon. If I am guilty for offerring hunts that I thought were legit and they end up being not, then I will admit to the fact. I am not trying to hide anything here and want to know what the real situation is now more than anyone, so will wait and see what we come up with.

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Adam,

I don't know how this will turn out, but one thing you did correctly was to spell out the details in the offer.

You certainly didn't try to hide anything. Failing to mention that the hunts were "meat ration" hunts and just trying to sell the hunts on price alone would have been misleading, in my opinion.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
It isn't unknown in Zimbabwe for high-up government officials, ministers and regional governors to grant rights to do things illegal or not in the norm.

When I was in Matetsi hunting on a HHK concession another outfitter had also hunting rights to the same zone! HHK had won the rights to the zone fair and square through the normal process but the regional governor Mpofu had granted another outfitter hunting rights to the same concession. Then the other outfitter told local Warvets that HHK was hunting illegally. The result: the warvets carjacked one of HHK's hunting vehicles minded by the driver while the PH, client and trackers were walking in the hills. It all ended up OK, the warvets drove the stolen car to Vic Falls to the police who returned it to the owners only after HHK showed all its properly authorised documentation.

For me it was a stuff up as my PH refused to go near the contentious area due to the "range war" and the warvets hanging around the area. We were hunting on the HHK concession as a favour from them. It was also the area where most of the game was - of course.

For those who don't know the saying "A.W.A." - "Africa Wins Again"!

The sort of thing above is not surprising when a country's laws go to shit and it is everyone to look after themselves.

So I would not be surprised if Adam does have a letter from the DG and be assured it is a straight deal by this and it still may be illegal.

Pity if it isn't a straight hunt as the prices are good.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow, it sure makes the uninformed reader feel a bit nervous about sending a year or more of their hard earned money accross the ocean. How on earth would a normal person know that this type of thing is illegal? Is sounds like Adam did not even know.

The almost unbelievable mass of the collective experience, knowledge - and particularly the local knowledge of the likes of Ganyana - and above all wisdom of the members of this forum makes it IMHO a compulsory site for anyone intending to hunt in Africa to regularly visit. Here you do your homework and ask ytour questions BEFORE you pay your deposit!

I await Adams' posting of the letter from the DG.

In good hunting. Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or is the entire idea of legal vs. illegal in Zimbabwe a total joke? You have one of the most offensive regimes on the planet, more than willing to starve its own citizens, and there are actually people willing to say that they have some credibility in granting hunting concessions? Give me a break.

Posts: 297 | Location: Bainbridge Island,WA | Registered: 07 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having seen some of the paperwork now that was, alledgedly, sent to Adam, I will appologise publically for any inference that he was a crook.

Some documentation on parks letterhead, signed by a senior officer (on behalf of the DG) is out there. Heads will roll in parks for this.

Note- I am not an operator and I do not book hunts. But Please, make use of the Association to check deals, facts etc.

zatso@mweb.co.zw

Yes, a good many operators don't like the association- usually those that have been kicked out. Basically, not one white safari operator would still be in business in Zimbabwe if it were not for the activities of ZATSO. Those operators who are not memebers are either crooks - selling stolen game, kicked out for bonking the clients wife etc, or are just to mean to part with any money and are enjoying the fruits of other peples hard work - and no I am not a member as I am not an operator!

A good many PH's couldn't be bothered with their union (ZPHGA) because It never manages to stand up to the operators cartel. (sadly they have a point)

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ganyana,

I sent you a PM.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adam, Would love for you to post a copy of the DG's Authorisation if one is sent to you. D.G. Assured industry this afternoon that no attempt was being made to break parks regulations and that the officer (PW mash West) would pay the price and the hunters concerned would loose their licences.

On Out of Africa, a client, South African PH and local PH were found today hunting in Matetsi. The vehicle was South African registered and bore the words Out of Africa Adventures on it. The vehicle and South African "Agents" rifle have been confiscated.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
On Out of Africa, a client, South African PH and local PH were found today hunting in Matetsi. The vehicle was South African registered and bore the words Out of Africa Adventures on it. The vehicle and South African "Agents" rifle have been confiscated.

Now there is some good news.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:

HOORAY! About a week in the Harare Hilton for the South African PH and the client might help SCI to wake up to the fact that it is aiding and abbetting the sale of poaching through OOA.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got this E-Mail from a friend and PH in ZIM, This is unpromted by me and was sent as a heads up. Interesting and eye opening. I do not hold this against Adam as the amount of pure BS that comes out of ZIm is truely astounding. this just enforces the fact that Y'all need to be carefull out there Y'hear!

I also am fairly positive that the outfitter probably has authority to hunt in these areas from some "oficial" but as has been stated by Nitrox that doesn't mean that it is the "right" offical of course the operator may or may not have known that at the time. It's not what you know but who you...Anyway you know the rest of that one!

Greg

Date: 04/13/05 12:16:58
To: "Undisclosed Recipients"@viruswall.mweb.co.zw
Subject: Illegal hunts in Zambezi Valley

TO ALL OUR MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS
HUNTING IN ZIMBABWE

It has been brought to our attention that there is an advertisement currently on the Internet as printed below.

This purports to offer Bargain Hunts in the Zambezi Valley by AJ Van Heerden and Barry van Heerden and claims these are sanctioned by National Parks

PLEASE NOTE THESE HUNTS ARE ILLEGAL.

The Zimbabwe National Parks & Wildlife Authority Investigations Department are pursuing this matter, and the U.S. Wildlife & Fisheries have been informed.

The hunting areas named are all held on exclusive lease by legally licenced and registered hunting operators.

The membership of ZATSO may be found on website http://www.soaz.net/. These are all lelgally licenced and registered Operators.

Yrs
Sally Bown
ZATSO/ZPHGA

ZIMBABWE BARGIN HUNTS FOR 2005

For those of you who have been waiting for a REALLY good deal on a buffalo hunt or for a chance to go and hunt an elephant, NOW is your time to take advantage of this opportunity.

The above hunts will be done in selected areas within various parks in Zimbabwe. These animals are harvested from the parks meat ration quota for the various areas. All meat remains the property of National Parks. Clients may take skull / cape / feet etc from Buffalo. Elephant NOT for export, client may only take photo’s.

THESE ANIMALS WILL BE TAKEN FROM THE ZAMBEZI VALLEY,WHICH CONSISTS OF CHARARA -MAKUTI, NYAKASANGA, SAPI, CHEWORE AND DANDE SAFARI AREAS!

NOTE THIS IS IN CONJUNCTION WITH NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OPERATOR! Hunts will be handled by either AJ or Barry van Heerden

These hunts will be done just as a normal safari would take place with a proper PH, vehicle, trackers and so forth. The accommodations will be either a tented safari camp or in a permanent chalet/lodge. You will fly into Harare, and then drive into the hunting area, so no charters required. Food, drinks and everything else is all included in the price of the safari.

All the elephant hunts will be for non-trophy elephant that have either broken or damaged ivory, single tuskers or ivory less than 35 pounds per side. This elephant hunt would be for someone who just wants to shoot an elephant, or for those that really love elephant hunting and will be happy with just the adventure of hunting elephant and a picture.

ALL INCLUSIVE MANAGEMENT HUNTS

7 - DAY BUFFALO (Average size of buffalo 38-40â€)
1x1 $5,900
2x1 $5,200

7 - DAY NON TROPHY ELEPHANT
1x1 $8,900 This trophy is Not for export!

7-Day Buffalo & Non-Trophy Elephant
1x1 $10,500 Buffalo can be exported, elephant can NOT.

Above Prices include:-
•Trophy fees for animals indicated
•Comfortable tented accommodation
•All meals / locally available beers / wines
•Daily laundry
•Services of a Licensed Professional Hunter
•Fully Equipped 4 x 4 hunting vehicle
•Road transport from Harare-hunting area and return
•Dipping/packing of trophies

Not included in the above prices:-
•Non-hunting observers US$150 per day each
•Hotels before/after hunt
•International flights
•Shipping of trophies

Extra Animals that can be hunted during the hunt:

HIPPO US$2000 EACH
KUDU US$1000 EACH
IMPALA US$350 EACH
WARTHOG US$350 EACH

This a great opportunity for those of you still wanting to plan something for this year, and with these prices, it would be hard to find any better deal. Call or e-mail if you have any questions at all, or if you want to book one of these hunts.

Adam Clements
Adam Clements Safari Trackers Inc. & Tanzania Bundu Safaris
24165 IH 10 West
Suite 205
San Antonio, TX 78257
210-698-0077 office
210-379-5880 cell
adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com

One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
Everyone, just be patient a little longer as I am in the process of sorting out this mess one way or the other and everything is in the works and I should be able to put everything and all the facts that I have on the table very soon. It will be interesting, but will show that I have not acted wrong in anyway, and the facts may even surprise some of you and you may not be so quick trying to discredit some of us.

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Adam,

Either way it has been interesting. Hope everything gets straightened out soon.