New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's not 100% certain, but......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If I keep on my current path, I will be able to be in the gym in maybe a month or two. You know what that means???????? Elephant hunting next year!!!!

I have been getting better albeit very slowly but the treand is Eric's getting better not worse, for 18 months it was the oppsite and for a little over 3 years I was on the drip, crippled up in one room 23 hours a day. However there has been a change, my bad spells arnt as bad and not as long or often, however I am very vulnerable to re-injury-thus avoiding the gym.

But I think I will be able to slooooowly start back this summer and be fit by next march-may and catch a earlyl elephant hunt, PAC, cows, what ever if its gray and legal I will hunt it.

I miss everyone here, please dont forget about me, I'm not ever leaving here, I been here since it was just a big long thread, Saeed was the fiurst friend I met online and emailed. I never heard of Dubai back then, wow things sure have changed!! I hope that everyone here is doing good and enjoying life.

my best,

eric

ps I will update how I am And when I know I will be hunting for sure, I will be here often, it still depresses me(seeing all the hunting and not being able to even shoot) when your so messed up you cant move things you lost are painful to see, at least for me right now. Perhaps because I dont accept the fact I will be crippled forever. When I get old and cant do things that will be different. Next time you bend down to tie your shoes be glad you can,

again my best

eric Petersen

sorry about the spelling,
I missed that class.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That's great Eric. Slow and steady wins.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12549 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I'm very glad to hear that you are doing better.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the good news my friend! Slow and steady will win the race. It must feel good to finally know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it could be the African sun. Smiler

All the best,
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That´s good news mate, just keep on fighting.
The only way to the top is uphill!

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LV Eric:
when your so messed up you cant move things you lost are painful to see, at least for me right now. Perhaps because I dont accept the fact I will be crippled forever.

You haven't lost hunting your just taking a break and we're all keeping the feilds ready for you. It sounds like you have a goal. That's good. Don't forget it, work hard, and your day will come.

Good luck,

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't you order a nice Peter Hoffer D/R to take to Africa

when your body cooperates with your mind again? [I hope

that's to be very soon!!!]

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Hi Eric,

It is good to hear you are making progress, stay positive!

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good to hear from you again, especially since you're on the mend. don't push to hard so you get a set back. that 100# ele is just waiting for you

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eric,

Don't think you are forgotten here. I remember with amusement the trolls acusing you of emblishing your african hunting stories. Until you gave a video to anyone who asked!!

Glad you are on the mend. I'm sure it won't be long before the Vincent's are hearing that famalier "Woo-Hoo, I wacked the f----er!!"

All the best;
Brett

one of us
posted Hide Post
Eric,

Good news!

Congratulations on the tough attitude that is most likely to get you back into the field.

We're rootin' for you!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eric,

You are far from forgotten. I still vividly remember your kind offer to send out copies of your hunting video. I still have and cherish it. At the time, I was fairly new to the AR forum, and couldn't believe the generosity of folks on this site. Watching Saeed's DVD's each year has now become a highlight. I have come to expect such generosity of many on the site these days, but I was still impressed and ever grateful.

I had given little thought to actually hunting elephants myself prior to your video, and I forcefully condemn you for starting me down this path! Big Grin I leave in two days for my SECOND elephant hunt, and must admit the excitement level is keeping me from doing any meanful work here for at least the last week. See what you started.... dancing

It is great to hear you are on the mend and I look forward to reading more about your adventures soon.

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Eric: There are some of us close by in Las Vegas, and if you want to get together let me know. Maybe that will ease your mind as we talk about some of our African Hunting exploits together!

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Eric,
Good to see you back. The trials in our lives give us perspective. Your next hunt will be that much sweeter. Keep on the mend.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and best wishes are with you...you'll be back in the field soon.

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Heck the elephants probably needed a break from YOU. Wink
Now that you've let them get bigger you can get back to it.

Hope all works out well. Cool

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Good luck, work all the muscles you can while recuperating. thumb

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Atta boy! thumb

Keep your spirits up, a positive attitude is good medicine.

Must be very frustrating, but the improvement is encouraging.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eric,

Although I have gone through some very serious health issues the past two years, when I hear of yours I thank god mine were no worse than they were. Get better soon my friend.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Eric, it is great to here from you... You are on the mend and take it slow and deliberate...

Will give a toast in your honor in late August while on lion hunt On the Ruaha river in Tanzania...

You will smell the smoke of Africa again...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hoorah!
That gives us all something to look forward to!
"Long Lost Brother Eric"
... has a lot of meaning to me!
Glad to "find" you here again, Brother Eric.
And here's hoping you are hitting the safari trail again, soon! clap

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keep fighting Eric. The Campfires of Africa are still within reach, with your attitude you'll once again look up at the southern cross.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
clap p.m. sent clap

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Atta boy! thumb

Keep your spirits up, a positive attitude is good medicine.

Must be very frustrating, but the improvement is encouraging.

A 1 ++++

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote