THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Problem Elephant - Killed villager - needs to be shot soon!!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem Elephant - Killed villager - needs to be shot soon!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
I just got off the phone with Vaughan Fulton. He received a phone call from the Minister with an urgent request to have a hunter come to the West and take care of a problem Elephant.

Details are a bit sketchy at the moment, but what I do know is that this Elephant has killed a villager. They are very anxious to have this taken care of as quickly as possible.

I hate to leave you with just this, but the urgency of the situation requires immediate action, so I am trying to generate some interest ASAP.

$12,500 for the 7-day hunt trophy fee included. (+ VAT of $675) This is an exportable Bull.

I have no idea what the quality of the trophy is. The locals say it is "big" but all Elephant are big to them. It could be anywhere from 25-40 lbs. They do not get bigger than 40 in this area.

Anyone who might be interested, please contact me.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish I could go! Someone should jump on this quickly!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I wish...

I know this will get filled soon. I had a great hunt this year but wish I could do this one.

Sorry to hear about the death of the villager. Elephant are not to be taken lightly.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Wendell, Western Caprivi or Etosha area? I will be near Etosha in 2 weeks.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Western Namibia - Tsiseb Conservancy. 4 hour drive from Windhoek.

The minister is anxious to hear a reply, he wants to know by tomorrow if someone is coming. If it were a crop raider, we would have some more time. Since it is a villager killer, they want it taken care of ASAP!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I'll go. . . . dancing if the Minister pays my way as a paid mercenary!

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I'll go. . . . dancing if the Minister pays my way as a paid mercenary!

Take a number. You are currently #476 in that line.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
That's quite a list in 14 minutes!

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
For the life of me, I can't think of a way to convince my wife to send me back. Confused

Still cogitating. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was first and that was 13 minutes and 59 seconds ago! Smiler

Posts: 583 | Location: keene, ky | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
Stupid deer/elk/sheep hunt in the way. Man I would be all over this if I had the time.

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
Wendell I hope you find someone soon. This is a serious situation when an elephant becomes a killer.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awfully tempting...but if Vaughan saw us coming for the third year in a row he would probably defect to Angola. Eeker

Still tempting...

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posted 27 August 2007 19:35
After two long years of waiting my wife and I leave today ! We've have planned 15 days hunting plains game with Omalanga Safaris on their Mopane and Oryx camps ( 250.000 Acres) 4 or 5 days visiting friends and shark fishing in Swakopmond, Then off to Ichingo lodge in the Caprivi strip for a few days of tiger fishing.This time I don't plan on shooting many animals. I all ready have 20-30 un mounted african animal in my garage so I am comprising with my wife.
This year I am bring a digital predator caller and a trail camera and my canon digital camera. Most of my time will be following a friend on his hunt and chasing jackals on my own. If a Pac Elephant or Lion permit becomes available while I am there it's break out the credit card and deal with the wife when I get home !!

Robert Johnson

Hey guys, anyone know a way to get in touch with Robert Johnson ? I pasted his post from a few days ago, he is looking for a PAC elephant !!
This might be a great opportunity for him !

KMule

Hear and forget. See and remember. Do and understand.

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd take it in a heartbeat if I hadn't just returned from hunting with Vaughan.

But, the wife would make sure I didn't STILL have that heartbeat......

.......and Vaughan would defect to Angola to avoid hunting with me twice in the same year. It's that warm scotch flask thing I think......

Posts: 105 | Location: Missoula MT | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice offer. Hopefully someone from here gets to go.

Wendell, I verified that what you told me on the email was correct about the caribou.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Good News! My wife says I can go Big Grin

if I win the Mega Millions lottery Friday night... Frowner

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
This is a great opportunity for an incredibly low cost possibly-semi-trophy, but in any case keep-the-ivory, honest-to-God rogue bull elephant.

If only I could do it . . .

As the wag once said, "So many social engagements, so little time . . . Frowner

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What's kind of funny is that a lot of people ask me if my elephant was "rogue". They just want an explanation that makes sense to them and that is always the first one that comes to their mind.

This is a great opportunity and I wish I could go.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
opportunities like this are a perfect reason why you should not book a hunt at the winter conventions. block out vacation time in Sept- Oct, then be patient and see what happens. every year posts like this appear and folks respond with " gee i would do this hunt in a minute but i just got back from____________". the discount on such hunts generally more than offsets the cost of short notice airline tickets,not to mention the real possibility of hunting a true man-killer.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe Robert Johnson is hunting with Dirk Rohrmann at Omalanga Safaris. You could probably reach him through Dirk.
Dirk & Rita Rohrmann
Omalanga Safaris PTY Ltd.
P.O. Box 151
Otavi, Namibia
Mail: info@namibianhunter.com.na
Phone: ++264-81-1498150

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 251 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
One could look at this somewhat realistically.

The last minute airline ticket is going to be expensive. The ele may have been shot already by the time you get there. How exactly is the ele going to be identified? The ele may have disappeared. Seven days isn't very long unless the whereabouts of this ele is known.

If you get him it is cheap. But an ele can disappear quite easily. Better take enough gun. Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
actually the prices have dropped for airlines. As it is after aug 21 prices into j-berg have dropped by almost 300 and into DAR by a couple hundred. Don't let the ait ticket scare ya.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Gee Will, you are rathert optomistic this morning. I actually saw a ray of hope in your post. Have you recently switched to decaff?

Two people have already spoken up for this hunt. So it is sold. The guy who is going bought a problem Lion hunt from me about 3 or 4 years ago. He shot his Lion on day 2.

Looking back on it, I can't believe what he paid. The entire hunt was less than $10,000 including trophy fee.

Ah, the good ol' days!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ahh...glad to hear that guy we talked about got it.

See Bill? Sometimes clients are talked about back in the States too. Wink

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Gee Will, you are rathert optomistic this morning. I actually saw a ray of hope in your post. Have you recently switched to decaff?

Two people have already spoken up for this hunt. So it is sold. The guy who is going bought a problem Lion hunt from me about 3 or 4 years ago. He shot his Lion on day 2.

Looking back on it, I can't believe what he paid. The entire hunt was less than $10,000 including trophy fee.

Ah, the good ol' days!

Good deal and I wish him the best.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Glad to see someone was able to take advantage of this.

Namibia has a pretty good problem animal control program - unlike some, they do offer foreign hunters the chance to go after them. The government gets rid of a nuisance or dangerous beast and gets a fee besides.

Outfitters, like Vaughan, can make a buck, and hunters can, with a bit of luck and scrambling, take one of the big five for a lot less money than elsewhere.

But it only works when a hunter is able to jump on it, and with a man killing elephant or livestock killing lion about and active, the government will not wait too long.

Good luck to Vaughan and the hunter!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quick! Somebody check Bill's blood pressure or buy his book or something. You're awfully mellow today Bill. coffee Thanks again for the box that reminded me of Africa.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i refer back to my original post. if you are patient, the chances are excellent that you can pick up dangerous game hunt in late august-oct. for a lot less than the going rate.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote