THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Filming Dangerous Game with Mark Sullivan-Pictures Added
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Filming Dangerous Game with Mark Sullivan-Pictures Added
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

I like to keep my balls their natural size, thank you.

animal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As reading all this in regarding to MS.

One of the controversies was that he is shooting his clients animals. Has anyone ever stepped foreward and actually stated: "Mark shot my game I was suppose to shoot"?.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:

One of the controversies was that he is shooting his clients animals. Has anyone ever stepped foreward and actually stated: "Mark shot my game I was suppose to shoot"?.

No Jens, but all one has to do is look at the list Cal lsited.

Look at the number of animals shot, and look at the number of shots fired by the clients, and look at the number of shots fired by Mark Sullivan.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68686 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much Mark Sullivan has sponsored some of you guys to keep these MS threads alive? Roll Eyes

Torbjorn

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:

No Jens, but all one has to do is look at the list Cal lsited.

Look at the number of animals shot, and look at the number of shots fired by the clients, and look at the number of shots fired by Mark Sullivan.

Thanks Saeed.

I can do the math from there. Smiler

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Torbjorn,thats a laugh,that answer is NONE.Mark doesnt need sponsers.People that know Mark are watching some(haters) slander a man for no reason,no facts,just lies, pure jealousy.Why dont these haters call Mark or talk to him at a show,ask yourself that question,is there a fear.

One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ExpressYourself:
quote:
Frank,

You are absolutely right.

I would have no problem any PH posting photos of himself with his clients animals.

Shawn is doing is basically plugging videos by Mark Sullivan - if it is Mark himself doing, it would not have mattered

At the saame time, Shawn was unwilling to post photos of the hunter who actually shot these animals.

He stated he had no permission from him as yet to post his photos, but he went ahead and posted Mark's.

And if Shawn had answerd my original question, we would not have had to drag this into several posts.

Saeed,

To be clear I did not say I was unwilling to post my friends (the hunters) pictures that actually shot the animals nor did I say I did not have his permission to post his photos. These are his photos.

What I said in the thread, where I first posted his photos, is that I did not have permission to post his personal picture. This has nothing to do with his photos. Two different topics. Perhaps that is where you continue to be confused.

I later repeated that I did not have permission from my friend to post his personal picture. I also again repeated that I did not have permission to release his personal image without his affirmation and that I only had permission to release what I had shown.

To help clarify your continued queries I even went as far as to do a cut and paste to try to help make it clearer for you.

I do not know what else to do to help make it clearer for you. With regard to plugging videos for Mark, I stated in my initial post I was not promoting videos. The thread's topic should be self-explanatory.

Shawn

At the risk of stirring the pot I am providing additional images for those that wanted to view them along with comments from their source. I just recently returned from Germany and received an email from my friend (Russ).

Russ has asked that I post his comment on AR and also mentioned to go ahead with releasing his personal image where they are contained in his photo file. These are excerpts from his email:

Excerpts from email to Shawn from Russ 5-4-13

Shawn,

I was hoping you would post on AR to set the story straight on Mark shooting clients game.

I was bored and looking at accurate reloading forum's last night and saw you had posted a few of my pictures for me. As you know, this was my 6th Tanzanian Safari with Mark and after spending so much time hunting with him, I have to laugh at all the Walter Mitty type people who post impressions of Mark, solely on looking at some video clips or listening to others who have heard unsubstantiated rumors. Is there anything pettier than jealousy or stupid than telling tales based on rumors, as if the person has a clue of the truth?

On this last Safari, Mark only fired his 577 twice. The two shots with his 577 were follow up shots after I had shot my elephant twice in the lungs to make sure he did not make it the kilometer, to the hunting block border. I shot the elephant the first two and the last two, with two additional from Mark in the middle at my request. Other than that his gun gathered dust.

I have shot 5 lions with Mark; he has never fired a shot. In 2007 during my elephant hunt Mark followed up at my request after my first two shots as we were close to the Selous border.

The charging elephant in 2008 we shot at 8 yards as it came thru the brush and was shot simultaneously by the both of us, so close together we could not tell who shot first as the shots blurred together. During my 2009 elephant hunt Mark just watched.

Mark has watched as my wife and I have shot over a dozen Cape buffalo, none of which has ever charged. I have shot two leopards and Mark just watched.

Regarding hippo, I shot a huge dry land hippo and he was done with the first shot but Mark and I shot him again. Only because we couldn't believe he died with the first shot at 17 yards, he was laying on his side and my 500 NE solid hit him squarely on the spine at his shoulders and the solid bulged from the impact.

The stories go on and on. Mark has provided superior PH service and I have hunted and harvested many great animals and had lots of fun times. The people who have not hunted with him and spread rumors based on jealousy, have given me laughs.

You’re welcome to continue posting any of the pictures contained in my photo file (including those that contain my personal image). You may also post my personal comments to you contained in this email. I have applied to accurate reloading twice and have never gotten a confirming email accepting me.

All the best,
Russ

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you will look at the pictures in at least 90% of Marks advertizments you rarely see picture of the actual client, only Mark. IMO that is deceitful, and is done purposely to misslead!

The word around AR is that Mark Sullivan shoots most of the DG for his paying clients,
going on that, its most likely that most of the dead animals you see MS posing with are actually his kills.
So maybe the 90% of MS featured photo advertisements, are not as misleading or decietfiul as some might thinK!
... popcorn

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"...I instruct my clients to always make the best possible shot. The indisputable fact is clients shoot poorly and nothing will ever change that reality..."

Here it is!
Straight from his own mouth!
That HIS clients are miserable shots rotflmo

I could not have asked for a better proof what I have been saying all along.

A hunter who values HIS hunt, will NEVER hunt with some like Sullivan.

I suppose those who are incapable of killing their own animals hunt with him.

IF one was a PH who enjoys shooting animals more than the client does,
then it would make sense to take on clients that the PH knows cannot shoot,
thus [surprise,surprise].. relying on the PH to do most of the killing.

In effect you would have:

- incapable clients who dont mind their PH shooting their DG for them,..&
- A PH who does not mind regularly shooting DG for the client.

.............clearly a win/win situation... Big Grin

quote:
It shook out that Mark shot at 37of 83 animals for a variety of reasons, back-up shots, client out of ammo, client trying to fire on a discharged round, etc. All-in-all, a bit more than 1/3 of the time mathematically.

doing the math [37 over 83],Its actually alot more than 1/3[33%]...more like 45% of the time.

quote:
What Mark does takes swagger and bravado and nerve and bluster and guts; Hell, he deliberately seeks out danger when its avoidance is readily at hand! Who does that anymore?

Is it a PHs duty & priority to protect a client from imminent-impending danger and to do his practical best as PH,
to minimise or avoid such?

or,...is it to deliberately[unnecessarily?] invoke a situation of greater danger?

Isnt it problem enough that MS clients are poor miserable shots?
...why does MS then go to deliberate effort to further endanger them?

When a PH has ample opportunity to despatch stationary wounded DG [at close] but safer distance,
but decides to deliberately delay despatching the beast, in order to create a more dramatic ending to the hunt,
by invoking the beast to charge, so he can despatch it at extreme close range,

is IMO an indication of: 1./ a lack of maturity [and], 2./ a lack of professional ethics.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote