THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Where oh where is Craig Boddington???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where oh where is Craig Boddington???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Saeed: To make this very simple, it depends on the bankruptcy filing. A Chapter 7 is a complete liquidation of one's assets and a discharge of all debts unless fraud with that debt was involved and can be proven. The debts regarding fraud are non-dischargeable, as are student loans. Under a Chapter 11 it is usually a business reorganization that eventually proposes a plan to its creditors to pay back a percentage of the debts owed. A significant majority of Chapter 11s convert to Chapter 7s because a successful plan of reorganization cannot be confirmed. A Chapter 13 is a wage earner in possession who also proposes a plan to pay their creditors a percentage over time, usually 3-5 years and then the discharge of the debtor occurs. Chapter 11s can be quite complicated and there is usually a creditor's committee, etc. who may propose their own plan to the Court. In all cases the U.S. Bankrutpcy Trustee has some involvement and say.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UEG, thank you. Very good concise explanation. I am sure there will be follow up questions.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Read my last post again.....if you still don't get it I don't know what else to tell you.

I think you are up to 5 PM's now....could you please leave me alone now?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Yeah like what the hell really does his private life have to do with us?

Come on chaps we all have skeletons in our closet.

Don't we?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not Leopardtracks, coming soon to a river near you he will walk across the water in his Jesus shoes.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
Read my last post again.....if you still don't get it I don't know what else to tell you.

Have you considered he might fancy you mate?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:

Have you considered he might fancy you mate?

I never thought of that!! Damm, that is pretty flattering....at 52 years old I'll take it as a positive!! Not to sound conceited, but I do think that I look pretty damm good for my age!

By the way, as I type this I got my 6th PM.

Does anyone else here NOT understand what I am trying to say?? DOJ is not getting it....or is it me?? WTF!

To break it down again DOJ here it goes...

1) I like CB
2) I have a tremendous amout of respect for him regarding his accomplishments .
3) I appreciate what he's done for our sport, Africa, and wildlife in general.
4) I enjoy his articles and I have learned allot from them...I own several of his books and DVD's as well.
5) He sounds like a very nice, humble, and gracious guy.
6)Again...I really like him!!

I said to you that, "I could care less about you or CB". Yes I did say that. Maybe I should have said that besides reading his articals, etc etc, I don't put much thought into Craig Boddington while going about my daily life. If he stopped writing and became a monk and lived the rest of his life in a monastery it wouldn't affect my life one way or the other.

I also said that going on expensive safari's after claiming bankruptcy doesn't sit well with me. I am not an attorney and I don't know much about bankruptcy other than the fact that somebody is getting fucked out of their money.
How would you like to be one of his creditors that lost their money to CB, and then find out that he just dropped $100,000 on a safari??
I know that I would be pissed, how about you??

Whether or not CB makes his living by hunting wouldn't make a difference to me if I were one of his creditors....someone got screwed and paid for his trips.

Again fellas, I do like CB and I do understand that he had to do what he had to do, but it just doesn't sit well with me....again this is just one mans opinion.

Hopefully after reading the above, this fucking idiot will stop bothering me!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LT after reading your comments above you are a walking talking contradiction.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Good old fashioned AR pissing match.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know about his BK and not sure it's anybodys business but retirement is preserved in Chapter 7. Don't forget he is also a retired full bird Colonel in the MC reserves and was a brevet General. Anyone that spends 30+ years defending our freedom deserves some respect.

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Please, not the unlawful frocking . . . this thread could go on for weeks.

Mike

Posts: 21695 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:
Don't know about his BK and not sure it's anybodys business but retirement is preserved in Chapter 7. Don't forget he is also a retired full bird Colonel in the MC reserves and was a brevet General. Anyone that spends 30+ years defending our freedom deserves some respect.

I totally agree.

I said my piece and i'm done.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:

Not on this forum.

Posts: 552 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
What has Boddington PERSONALLY done to ANYONE on this site????????

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

He smiled, shook my hand, signed my book & gave me a good reference on a safari company I was looking at. In the long run, probably cost me a lot of money going to Africa. But I still like him.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good question
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know all the details but he DID retire a full bird and spent 33 years in, am I correct?
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Please, not the unlawful frocking . . . this thread could go on for weeks.

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right or wrong , the reality of being a celebrity is that your life is open to public discussion.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
What has Boddington PERSONALLY done to ANYONE on this site???????

This is a watershed moment. Apparently CHC intends to confine his future opinions, rantings and addled musings about politicians and others only to those that have PERSONALLY done something to HIM. I predict an exponential drop in his postings . . . not.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

A number of members on this site ARE affected by what he had done.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like what to whom?...
Even so, bad things sometimes happen to good people.
The Courts made a decision period.. His debt was discharged due to circumstances.. Period. He paid a heavy price..also in the court of public opinion as well.
If individuals here may have lost some money in business, well get in line. Who hasn't
There was that pesky thing called the Great Recession recently that effected a great many of us and i bet he isn't the only one to declare bankruptcy as a result!

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I merely asked a question. I am more than happy to listen if anyone is civil enough to give some sort of reasonable response.

I have never met the man, seen him at a distance at past DSC conventions, and read some of his articles.

I really do not understand the concept of all this, "We Are Better Than You" attitude. Maybe only certain classes of people should be allowed to ask questions or even be members of this site!

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Poyntman, Thank You for that bit of information.

Nice to see that some individuals do have civility and courtesy on this place.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poyntman:
Like what to whom?...
The Courts made a decision period.. His debt was discharged due to circumstances.. Period. He paid a heavy price..also in the court of public opinion as well.
If individuals here may have lost some money in business, well get in line. Who hasn't
There was that pesky thing called the Great Recession recently that effected a great many of us and i bet he isn't the only one to declare bankruptcy as a result!

With all due respect to you Poyntman, would you still feel the same way if a persons bankruptcy affected YOU personally, causing you to lose allot of money??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now then, that is something that can be clearly understood. That is all I was asking about.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poyntman:
Like what to whom?...

It is up to them to make their facts public.

But I can tell you one thing though, if someone declares bankruptcy and continues to live his old life, then I would suspect something is wrong somewhere!

Declaring bankruptcy should change that person's like, not for the better.

What happens to those that individual owes money to?

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
leopard track,
Yes, that is a fair question and yes I would. I have personally lost money due to a person that went bankrupt related to bad real estate dealings and my family lost a lot when I was young when some people defaulted on quite a bit of money owed my father which nearly bankrupted my own family. Bottom line is, it sucks..but bad stuff happens and circumstances can effect us all so why judge and why kick someone when their down?

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Poyntman,
Thanks for your response. It's nice to see that 2 people can have a difference of opinion and still be civil towards one another.

From your response above, you must be a classy guy.

If I was the creditor for a sincere person who worked hard, tried everything that he could humanly do to make it happen but the business just didn't work out, then I would be pissed at losing my money but I wouldn't be upset at that person and take it personally....just a bad business deal that went sour. Unfortunately, in my experience, more often than not, a person will claim bankruptcy for disingenuous reasons.....having a company go bankrupt on paper while having his/the company money hidden elsewhere. I am not suggesting Boddington did this however.....I am just making this point.

As I tried to articulate previously, if I were one of Boddington's creditors who lost money and then found out that he spent (for example an expensive trip) $100,000 on a month long Safari in Tanzania, then yea, I would be pissed!! Being a career-professional hunting writer, a USMC General, or not....it just wouldn't sit well with me. Can you understand that?

Anyway, take care and good hunting!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes,
Both you and Saeed make good points about the continuation of "lifestyle" when frankly we all know that this level of " hunting lifestyle" would be considered by most extravagant at best. I think i would say that there's a pretty significant difference between one trying to rebuild and get back to their profession, which in CB's case, is hunting and writing about it. To your point, going on a 21 day Tanzania safari that is far out of reach for normal human beings wouldn't give a favorable perception.
It's tantamount to turning around and buying a Ferrari.
In my mind, he's had a pretty low profile the last couple of years but there's always more we don't know....
My main thing is it doesn't sit well with myself or others when threads turn into bashing of people and my nature is to try and stand up for others in those situations

one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
What happens to someone who declares bankruptcy in then US?

If you choose bankruptcy and there is both Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies then your debts are forgiven. However, having been granted bankruptcy you are not allowed to do it again for a number of years, typically seven. The law allows a number of ways to reorganize your debts and/or to pay them off short of bankruptcy. Full chapter 13 bankruptcy is not something to be entered into without considerable advice and counsel.

Other forms where you are allowed to pay back your debts under court protection most times offer a better solution. Normally everyone wants to get paid now and will bring suit to compel payment. Out of the other forms the courts will organize payments and take off the pressure to allow you to pay in a more organized fashion.

This been over 40 years since I had this course so my memories may be a bit rusty on this.

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw CB at the show and I can tell you he has aged in the past years.
Sometimes things out of your control can trigger unpayable debts. I do not want to open a whole internet investigation on an assumption but could be that CB took some financial liability for the tracker that was injured when hunting with his daughter. If so that could have been significant. I do not think you would hear any details from CB if that was true.
This hunting and writing gig is the only thing CB has done in the past few decades so switching gears at this period in his life to something else he knows nothing about is illogical.
It does not appear he is affiliated with anyone these days.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really Saeed, is it not great to hide behind "It is up to them to make their facts public", but at the same time you go on casting aspersions against Craig. Also what would know about bankruptcy. Also how does anyone here know about the cost of various hunts i e $100,000 hunt in the flat lands.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to add that most of the folks that are on this forum and go to Africa on a regular basis are not wondering where their next meal is coming from.
On the same note, I know of no one catering to this crowd as getting wealthy. Most of the companies I have hunted with are middle income folks at best.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:

Do you believe that is by accident? Curious as to why folks think that would be the case.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

Do you believe that is by accident? Curious as to why folks think that would be the case.

Ed might know rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
my nature is to try and stand up for others in those situations[/QUOTE]

Poyntman,
Again, I will say that you are a classy guy! I hope that I meet up with you some day! Take Care my friend.

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
I know him a bit, and look forward to seeing him at SCI. Would love to share a hunting camp with him, have greatly enjoyed his writings, and the rest of his life isn't my concern. Nor mine, yours. Smiler

Posts: 742 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would like to add that most of the folks that are on this forum and go to Africa on a regular basis are not wondering where their next meal is coming from.
EZ

They are hunters. Just saying' Wink

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I might have some answers, but I believe it best as you say to let him answer for himself if he believes coming here is worth his while. After all AR is just a pimple on the ass of African hunting not the Alpha and Omega of African hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chapter 11 is a reorganization of a business and requires one to pay a percentage to a creditor.

Chapter 13 is an individual's reorganization requiring one to pay back a percentage.

Chapter 7 is a complete discharge of an obligation to a creditor.

Dutch