THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Where oh where is Craig Boddington???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where oh where is Craig Boddington???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Was at DSC for two days and saw him skirting along at a couple of booths, but never saw him selling anything or signing or speaking. What is up?

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
He was there, signing books at his booth. I ran into him and Donna in the hotel lobby.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you look at his Facebook page he spent a lot of time in his booth.

Headed to the Shot Show now I believe.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
He had a booth, you must have just missed him

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2012 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw he & Donna at their booth, spoke to her, he was busy at that time.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He was still there at 5 PM Sunday when everyone was packing out.

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw him in a booth more than once.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Likewise. I also saw Brittany at the show and around town.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I attended his session on hunting North America.

Very enjoyable!

Posts: 86 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right next to Michel Mantheakis' booth, which was 1707. Not surprising since they hunt together a bit. Spent a lot of time there and Craig was there for most of it.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craig was there signing and selling at his booth. Had a good visit and interview with him.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camdog:
I attended his session on hunting North America.

Very enjoyable!

Agreed.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to worry gents. CB was there as usual and still going strong it seems. DC is just showing his "personal" dislike and flaming of CB. Not classy but his choice. coffee

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser
Sabatti "trash" Double Shooter

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Didn't he declare bankrupt??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

If I remember correctly, something very shady happened like that Saeed.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Not to worry gents. CB was there as usual and still going strong it seems. DC is just showing his "personal" dislike and flaming of CB. Not classy but his choice. coffee

Larry Sellers
R8 Blaser

Personally I saw it as an inquiry and not a slam.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Saw him today (Thursday) at the SHOT show. He seemed/appeared fine.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry - You could be right and if that is the case then "bad on me". Lots of folks saw and visited with CB so seemed DC either didn't look very hard or had other motives. Kinda basing my thoughts on past posts and comments on here. Not a big deal either way I guess? Big Grin

PS - Buy that Double!!

Larry Sellers
Blaser R8

quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:

Larry Sellers
R8 Blaser

Personally I saw it as an inquiry and not a slam.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I personally lost respect for CB after his declaring bankruptcy, screwing all his creditors, and then continuing to hunt all over the world. Maybe It's just me.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
I personally lost respect for CB after his declaring bankruptcy, screwing all his creditors, and then continuing to hunt all over the world. Maybe It's just me.

Same here

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Life happens and fortunes come and go. Hunting all over the world is Craig's job.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:

I can understand that line of thinking.

I would hate to be his age (or any age) and have a chapter 7 bankruptcy. He is basically totally starting over. He doesn't have much time to provide for his retirement. Sad. S%@t happens.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

Life happens and fortunes come and go. Hunting all over the world is Craig's job.

Mark

Having been on the receiving end of a couple of customers bailing out on an obligation via bankruptcy, I take it a little more personal than that, and have a hard time just blowing it off as "stuff happens". I do agree with larrys though, it would be tough starting over at that age.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
The world in which these writers/hunting celebrities has changed greatly since the explosion of youtube, expansion of internet blogs, and change in the way the world uses information and technology.

The future of gun writers is pretty bleak, and very crowded.

I picked up Hauke Braun in Anchorage a few months ago and we had dinner and he told me about the business. European hunters will know him as Max Hunt. He has a youtube site, produces adventure and hunting videos for youtube in 3 languages, and is starting his own magazine. The concept of sponsorships has been changed so much in the past 10 years it is crazy.

He came into the business with his own wealth, and is trying to make it work using his business contacts to push his brand. From my understanding of what he told me is it works like this:

You the star push a product on your own dime, paying for the samples (Realtree, Mossy Oak, Fed Bear, PSE, Sauer, Land Rover....whatever) you use on the show. At the end of the 3rd year you'll get a pretty good slice of the pie. But you'll pay for everything for the first 3 years out of pocket. Then the 4th year the company will drop you and you'll have to start over again.

This is why these guys are always changing sponsor companies.

Everything they do is a business right off, so a lot of their day to day expenses are tax deductible.

Of course they rely heavily on hunting outfitters to foot the bill with free hunts.

The top 10% of all hunting writers/celebs are earning enough to have a good living. The rest are scraping by to make it until the end of the year.

Folks like Shockey and Waddell that have huge corporate contracts do pretty well. But even they are subject to the same boom and bust marketing issues as everyone else.

The incrowd right now are ex-mil special warfare folks and hot chicks.

Gotta be tough to be a 60+ year old man who doesn't fit into either one of those groups.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At least he will be starting over with new clean clothes!

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
quote:

Today, I received a pretty nasty PM from one of our members named "DIE OU JAGTER" regarding the above quote. I sent him a terse reply, stating my opinion/feelings on the CB bankruptcy issue and I then asked him to stop PM-ing me....at which point I received 2 more equally nasty PM's!

I wont go into further detail regarding a private PM exchange but this made me reflect on the notion that we should all be civil to one another even though our opinions may be different on issues such as in this case regarding Craig Boddington's Bankruptcy.

For what its worth, I am a big fan of CB and I have an enormous amount of respect for what he was able to accomplish in his life....he has done things that I can only dream of.

Like every other person on this earth CB has had his own difficulties in life and again like every one else he does not walk on water.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Today, I received a pretty nasty PM from one of our members named "DIE OU JAGTER" regarding the above quote. I sent him a terse reply, stating my opinion/feelings on the CB bankruptcy issue and I then asked him to stop PM-ing me....at which point I received 2 more equally nasty PM's!

I wont go into further detail regarding a private PM exchange but this made me reflect on the notion that we should all be civil to one another even though our opinions may be different on issues such as in this case regarding Craig Boddington's Bankruptcy.

For what its worth, I am a big fan of CB and I have an enormous amount of respect for what he was able to accomplish in his life....he has done things that I can only dream of.

Like every other person on this earth CB has had his own difficulties in life and again like every one else he does not walk on water.

Leopradtrack,

Join the club.

I have stopped answer his PMs too clap

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Leopradtrack,

Join the club.

I have stopped answer his PMs too clap

Then that's a club I want to be inSmiler

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
We found him. Phew what a relief.

He is one of us, a hunter and continues to promote Africa and the game.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK Leopradtrack, so you are a big fan of CB. but in your PM you said "I could care less about CB". Which is it?"

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
OK Leopradtrack, so you are a big fan of CB. but in your PM you said "I could care less about CB". Which is it?"

I heard that men in white lab coats are on their way to your house right now....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Today, I received a pretty nasty PM from one of our members named "DIE OU JAGTER" regarding the above quote.

That loser D O J did the same thing to me last year regarding his idol CB.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Raider, that's some funny shit!

I happen to like CB....that's the crazy part!

Where this DOJ insanity came from I have no ideaSmiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
leopardtrack, I knew that would be a hard question for you to answer. You speak out of both sides of your mouth.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
he has earned all of his money, since graduating from college. Not a remittance man like some...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IS - WOW! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
leopardtrack, I knew that would be a hard question for you to answer. You speak out of both sides of your mouth.

OK DOJ so I will respond before the guys in the white lab coats haul you away kicking and screaming.....but PLEASE leave me alone after this!

I AM a fan of CB but the bankruptcy issue with expensive safaris right after "stinks" to me sorry....that's just my opinion.

I didn't say that "I could care less about CB". What I did say was. "I could care less about YOU or CB".
What I meant by that is that CB is irrelevant in my life unless I am reading one of his articals or watching him on TV. Other than that I don't think about him at all.

If you are infatuated by him, well then that's your business....maybe you would like to share a sundowner and a warm embrace with him??? Again that's your business not mine.

Cab has been married a few times so I think you are out of luckSmiler

There are always fantacies so go for it!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
What happens to someone who declares bankruptcy in then US?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where to start, Leopardtrack the first thing you and others on this board don't seem to understand is the difference between "sport hunters" most posters here are and professionals like CB and other full time writers/TV show producers. We hunt for recreation they hunt for a living. For a man like CB his hunts are raw material for their finished product I e article, book, show etc.. Spending money on expensive hunts is just say a better grade of raw material. That is enough of that. Saeed I am not a bankruptcy attorney so I don't know all the fine detail of bankruptcy but after the bankruptcy judge is satisfied with the information provided you are basically broke (can keep a certain amount of assets) and start over from scratch. Your debts are removed from record, but if you pay one of your creditors (say a close friend) all debt are restored.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
leopardtrack, I know you could care less about me as I care less about you. But in your sentence you did say you could care less about CB, but then say you are a fan of his, just doesn't make sence.