Tools

Chimps who eat Lions?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 298 | Location: Antioch | Registered: 09 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read where a chimp ate a ladys face in the USA and she is now blind. Is this true. Are they reelly that dangerous.

Posts: 42 | Location: Munich, Germany | Registered: 03 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Several people in the USA have been horribly mauled by their "pet" chimps recently. Apparently they are very capable scrappers. One of them took a couple rounds of 45 ACP at close range and shrugged them off but later bled dead.

Posts: 298 | Location: Antioch | Registered: 09 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alpinejaeger:
I read where a chimp ate a ladys face in the USA and she is now blind. Is this true. Are they reelly that dangerous.

True, and more. It also ripped both of her hands off. Right out of the sockets. The latest on that:

http://www.breitbart.com/artic...F9A80&show_article=1

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CHIMP KILLING A FULL GROWN LION. I WOULD HAVE TO SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Adds a new meaning to the word "headjob"

If you are dumb enough to keep dangerous critters as pets, expect to get bitten.

I wonder if Tarzan was ever raped, by his chimp that is? dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember reading a report of an enraged female chip bending the bars on her cage. I don't know the size of the bars but they said that no human could have bent the bars. Dan

Posts: 201 | Location: Mackenzie BC | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
That chimp in Connecticut was 200#. I think I would believe two or three of them could kill a 250# lioness. A big dog baboon can be the equal of a leopard.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
NEWS FLASH: Chimpanzees are not cuddly, kind, loving creatures (same as all the other animals Disney portrays to be). They can and do kill other animals (including other chimps) for various reasons, including just for entertainment.

On a similar note. I took my girlfriend to the San Diego zoo last year and they have an exhibit called the Ituri Forest which has, among other things, swamp monkeys and river otters. The exhibit has an area where you can see the otters swimming under water and when we walked down towards that area there was a bunch of commotion in that area (on both sides of the fence). I got a little closer to the crowd and could see that one of the otters was attempting to drown one of the baby swamp monkeys. An adult monkey, presumably the mom, was running around the bank of the water hissing and such at the otter trying to drown the monkey. Amongst the various "oh my gods" and "is it going to die" some young dumb hero gets the idea he'll jump into the cage a save the monkey. He jumps, scares ever little critter in the exhibit, and the little monkey gets a chance to get away from the otter and get ashore. Now the excitement turns to this boy in the cage who the mama monkey has decided is another threat whom she begins to try and grab and bite at. He's trying to get out of the cage and succeeds with the help of two people who reach over and pull him out. (keep in mind, this whole scenario of him jumping in and him being pulled out is all in about 10 seconds). So, boy is finally out and safe, the baby monkey manages to get up a tree to safety, otters are running around looking for something else to terrorize, and the large crowd breaths a sigh of relief for the baby monkey (a zookeeper also happens to walk by about now).

So, what was the point of the whole story. We're walking away from the exhibit and my girlfriend turns to me and says "I thought otters were nice and cuddly. Before I saw that I thought they would make a cute pet."

I emailed the zoo about it. They said the animals were very stressed from a person jumping into the exhibit and that the monkeys and otters had always been fine together. Apparently the Bronx zoo has had similar problems. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNogZkyvH_4

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly a chip has 8 times the strength, pound for pound, that a strong human has.

Posts: 423 | Location: Natal - South Africa | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chimps are cannabalistic, also.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:

This happened in Stamford Connecticut in February of 2009. I'm working in Stamford this month so folow up stories are in the news a lot . http://bulletin.aarp.org/state...PK=chimpanzee_attack

Very similar to an attack here in Kern County, California in 2005.
http://www.boston.com/news/nat...cs_leaves_questions/

In both cases the chimps went for the people's eyes/face and hands.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:

Very similar to an attack here in Kern County, California in 2005.
http://www.boston.com/news/nat...cs_leaves_questions/

In both cases the chimps went for the people's eyes/face and hands.

The Kern County chimps went after more than
that:

http://cbs3.com/watercooler/Wo...red.In.2.249586.html

quote:
Chealander told The Bakersfield Californian that besides the damage to his face, Davis had his testicles and foot mauled off.

I guess the moral of the story is, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote