THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone Interesting In Getting A Free H&H 577 NE Double?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Interesting In Getting A Free H&H 577 NE Double?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
I know where it is, but, as I am not into doubles, I am not going to bother to go get it.

There is no catch, this is a genuine "find" I discovered last night.

Now, what I want to hear what each of you is willing to do to get it clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I am into doubles and would give my left testicle for a find like a free .577 NE double!

Of course an alternative (that allowed me keep my left testicle) such as volunteering to be your gun-bearer on your next safari may be more preferable (and a lot less messy and painful!).

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice fantasy. I'm sure anything I could do would be insufficient. Besides, I'm too light in the butt to shoot a .577.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
This should be good. popcorn Smiler

I am not sure I really want to know how far some of these guys would be willing to go to get a free H&H 577 NE though! Eeker

It doesn't happen to be in the cargo hold of the Titanic or something like that does it?? Wink

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be your personal physician on your next safari .
Mark

Posts: 277 | Location: melbourne, australia | Registered: 19 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanajcj
posted Hide Post
I would kiss walter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then reaffirm my manhood and boost my self esteem by taking a big tusker with it.jj

LostHorizonsOutfitters.com
----------------------------
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"
Davy Crockett 1835
----------------------------

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, where else! | Registered: 18 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Saheed,

Q: What would I do to get a .577 NE?
A: Anything and everything that is required!

I do realize that, as jetdrvr noted, it may be insufficient. But as I am, unlike jetdrvr not to light in the butt to shoot it, I sure as hell would like to give it my very best! Need I resort to an Oxford dictionary to explain what 'anything' and 'everything' really means? I want a .577 NE very much, so much as to give my best shot at anything and everything!

In good hunting - with a .577 NE!

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would kiss walter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'd give him a foot massage! (No "happy ending", though!!!)

Posts: 130 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
In the upcoming U.S. presidental election, I'd vote for the "politician" of your choice... and, my friend, that would be one heck of a thing to do! ... easily worth a H&H Royal Grade.
Eeker

That'd be Ron Paul, right?

In reality, a .577 H&H, even if "free", would cost me a trip to Botswana and about 40 days of daily rate to make sure I got a 70 pound elephant... say $120,000.00... then, assuming success, surgery to remove a locked-in smile and I'd have to build a bank vault to keep it in... and lots of libations for my friends when they came by to drool.... Yep, a .577 is one of those things that is just too good to be true...

I don't have a girlfriend right now (dadgummit), so I do have a .577 sized bed space next to me... and my DSC date aside, it'd take a pretty fine looking woman to be more attractive. I could carry on with this theme (suitability of a .577 bore for a bed mate) for a bit, but this is a family site.

Hmmmmmmm???? What would it do... gotta pay for my girls colleges. Gotta take them to Africa this June..... I guess my life is too full to do much right now.... but I can dream.

And, if I had one and couldn't afford a trip on a particular year, I'd insure the heck out of it (if you can insure an icon) and let some lucky s.o.b. take it to Africa, where it deserves to be, on my off year(s).

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7714 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I would make you a prehistoric spear like this one I made from heat treated Coastal Plains Chert. Then, if I can get my time machine working again, I'll take you on a guided Saber Tooth Cat hunt. If I am unable to fix my time machine, would you settle for a replica of my Saber Tooth's skull. It is from a massive male (L-15" x W-9"). It will be #1 in Roland Ward if I can get them to accept a new catagory. I would use the .577 to hunt T-Rex upon my next cretaceous safari. If the .577 is in excellent condition, and not something that Walter blew apart trying to shoot 600 nitro's in it, I would consider making him a spear and letting him go with us. By the way; how much does Walter weight? I have to consider excess baggage. Please email me for my shipping address if this seems like a fair trade.
Sincerely,
David

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6825 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bloody hell!

You guys are giving a new meaning to the phrase "feeding frenzy" clap

No, it is not in Titanic!

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I would not sell my children... I have shot a 577 and doubled it and had it fly out of my hands... I really would wish to have one and master shooting a stopper rifle... I would pass it to my son and to my grandchildren... They would be able to show their friends that there Dad, grandfather, great grandfather has hunted the African elephant and African buffalo with an old Nitro cartridge...

I would share it with my friends to experience a big double rifle...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
If I'm in a sea of Sharks, can I be the Great White? lol

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6825 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I would take it to Argentina in April, and to Zim in August if I can go tio hunt with DOInb Heath, and send you pictures of my trips. And then, I would be willing to put it up on offer once again. thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoy vintage U.K. built doubles very much. I am asking for the rifle here and now.

If I am given it, charity will be the real winner as the full proceeds of it's immediate

sale will be donated. I am neither rich nor poor, I do own an old working double now.

worth 10 - 15K. This is simply a chance to help others. Thank you for considering my request.

I will submit to any examination to prove that I've actually given the money away and that

I, nor any family member has "back door" benefited some how. This is a sincere request.

Thank you very much. Smiler

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No offense Saeed, but when the master of practical jokes puts the word "find" in parenthesis, it makes one somewhat cautious regarding the offer.

Without more information, my bid is Walter's left testicle.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigFiveJack:
I enjoy vintage U.K. built doubles very much. I am asking for the rifle here and now.

If I am given it, charity will be the real winner as the full proceeds of it's immediate

sale will be donated. I am neither rich nor poor, I do own an old working double now.

worth 10 - 15K. This is simply a chance to help others. Thank you for considering my request.

I will submit to any examination to prove that I've actually given the money away and that

I, nor any family member has "back door" benefited some how. This is a sincere request.

Thank you very much. Smiler

Jack,

I am not giving this rifle, all I am going to do is tell you where you can find it.

Walter is laughing so much he has called me 3 times so far about this thread!

His last call:

Walter, laughing so hard he is finding difficult to talk, "You really did it this time! These people are loosing all common sense. How do you say part in Arabic?"

Me "What part?"
Walter "that part about men looking at girls?"
Me "What are talking about?"
Walter "That thing you tell me about men not seeing anything when they have a hard on?"

Me "Ah, when the dick is up, the eyes go blind"

walter "That is the one. These guys have gone completely blind now! All they see is a nice Holland and Holland double rifle! They don't know you are playing a trick on the"

Me "Walter, I am NOT playing a trick on anyone. All I said was that I know where one is - precisely! - and anyone willing to go get it can have it. What is wrong with that?"

Walter "You always have some nasty trick to play on people. You ask me to come here have a drink, then you give me work to do. You sak me to go to Africa with you, you give me ammo that does not work. It is the usual story"

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Dang, Saeed! I already went and changed my bed sheets. And that was an honest request... or something?

Posts: 7714 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would make it available for loan to any AR member going to Africa who would treat it as it deserves, and use it as intended, for a full year...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10565 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnCrighton
posted Hide Post
What would I do for a .577?

I'd stop asking questions. Yup, that's right - me, never asking another question on AR.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 555 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 09 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
I would show Mark Sullivan what is the right way to really use a double. thumb

And that texas heart shots work with that beast on running away game. In other words you dont need to use it on game facing/charging you only. rotflmo

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2549 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ask for it politely and say "thank you". I don't have much more than that as barter right now. wave

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

...I am not giving this rifle, all I am going to do is tell you where you can find it....

I would say.... Thank You.

DRSS &
Bolt Action Trash

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

From the tone of your first post I'd surmise that we would have to be willing to hire Indiana Jones and Laura Croft to help retrieve it. Wink

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rick,

Doesn't he just go after insignificant stuff like the Ark of the Covenant??

Hardly in the same class with an H&H...

Posts: 10565 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew McLaren:
Saheed,

Q: What would I do to get a .577 NE?
A: Anything and everything that is required!

I do realize that, as jetdrvr noted, it may be insufficient. But as I am, unlike jetdrvr not to light in the butt to shoot it, I sure as hell would like to give it my very best! Need I resort to an Oxford dictionary to explain what 'anything' and 'everything' really means? I want a .577 NE very much, so much as to give my best shot at anything and everything!

In good hunting - with a .577 NE!

Andrew McLaren

Well, I could always trade it in on two .416's... Wink I'd do anything within reason. Just don't ask me to swim the Mara River during the migration...

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK...NO MORE MR. NICE GUY! Mad I'm sending "Prescious" over to get it. Put it in a case before you put in her mouth. Eeker

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will let Walter sleep on my couch for a week!

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted Hide Post
I would document the finding of the gun as it would be an adventure on its own by the sounds of it! I would find the history on the gun and how it became forgotten. Sad. I would put the gun back into its intended use as soon as feasably possible. I would spend at least one hour every day looking at it or handling it until my wife looses her mind. I would teach my children about double rifles. I would thank all parties involved in this 'finding' of such a rare and beautiful gun. Then I will wake up.

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rifle currently resides in the bottom of a Croc infested muddy river. Saeed will tell you where someone lost it overboard and you may have a go at retrieving it. Question is!! Was it lost overboard by someone in the 19th century or last week??

Wink

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Macifej,

Just how big are those crocs??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The right size for a few seat covers and a Landau Roof for Walters 1976 AMC Matador Wagon!!

All ya need is a really big knife and a snorkel!! hillbilly

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by luv2safari:
OK...NO MORE MR. NICE GUY! Mad I'm sending "Prescious" over to get it. Put it in a case before you put in her mouth. Eeker

Here's some biscuits for your dog!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might have to invent a 450/400 bangstick...

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Saeed

Just tell me where it is Buried.

I have a (mining certificate) authenticated and authorised by Mickey Mouse.

OR if not buried, should I STOP OVER and pick it up in Dubai on my way through to Africa when next I travel

What will I do ....

well how about I arrange for Barack Obama to get a one-way ticket to Kenya so he can test his foreign relations skills which we keep hearing about, or if not then how about darling Hillary taking his place (-:

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:
The rifle currently resides in the bottom of a Croc infested muddy river. Saeed will tell you where someone lost it overboard and you may have a go at retrieving it. Question is!! Was it lost overboard by someone in the 19th century or last week??

Wink

Simple enough w. a metal detector, and a strong enough magnet...

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would put Walter on a high fiber and prune diet to release his great grip on it.

Posts: 418 | Location: Ridgecrest,Ca | Registered: 02 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shocker
Saeed: Thank you for the kind offer, "What would I do" Hmmm...... Load up some rounds and shoot "all" the hell out of it, a free 577 would have to be in Hell just waitin for me!!!! lefty

I would leave a bit of hell in it for my maiden voyage to Africa in 2009. clap

You don't have to be the best shot....Just the last shot.

Posts: 126 | Location: Peace River, Alberta | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Irish Paul
posted Hide Post
I will broker a true lasting peace deal between Isreal and the Palestine.

Never use a cat's arse to hold a tea-towel.

Posts: 280 | Location: California/Ireland | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
This should be good. popcorn Smiler

Agreed. All this sounds so suspicious. Wink

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote