THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone Interesting In Getting A Free H&H 577 NE Double?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Interesting In Getting A Free H&H 577 NE Double?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 9,3x74R
posted Hide Post
Saeed.

Where did you read this?

Rino

Posts: 249 | Location: Oevre Eiker, Norway / Winterton RSA | Registered: 07 March 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This book

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gator1

jumping jumping jumping

I guess you could say, I had that one coming.

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lefforge:
Gator1

jumping jumping jumping

I guess you could say, I had that one coming.

Steve
Wink Smiler

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IIRC, The rifle condition will depend on local water/mud conditions.

In much of the artic the water is not that deep. If enough sun gets through the ice, there is a fair amount of plant food growth, and the food chain starts.

If the local area water and surface temps tend to be very low, the local water looses its salinity. Under those conditions a rifle in the mud could be in pretty good shape still.

We see that in the Great Lakes, and in Soviet vessels retrieved from cold/deep water.

Ya never know......

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
It is too far away for most helicopters and you need a nuclear icebreaker to go there.

What a bunch of wimps we have today Wink

Dr. nansen went there in a wooden ship, powered by wind sail, and tiny motor.

When they managed to get 8 knots, they thought they were on warp speed!

Hell, that place is just a stonethrow from my house. After dinner, I will ski up there and recover the darn thing.

After the recovery the gun may be in need of some good care from real craftsmen.

Therefore I will ship Mr. Nansen to Germany and have the guys at BLASER make a real gun of it. rotflmo

Odin

Posts: 193 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

There was no lottery for this like when you gave away the all expenses paid dangerous game safari.
You ended up giving the coordinates to everyone.

But a lot of thought went into all those pleas of, gimme, gimme, gimme.

So who do you think made the most impassioned grovel with the biggest sucking sound?

Somebody's got to be the winner?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really don't see what the fuss is about.

Why, I did 10,000 meters on my rowing machine last night. Furthermore, I've been practicing holding my breath all morning. I'll smash out my car windshield for the evening commute to build up my cold tolerance.

Retrieving the prize should be a cake walk.

Posts: 43 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 12 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I doubt the rifle is still at that location. I suspect the area has lots of ice bergs dragging along the bottom and it has probably been moved to deeper water.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote