SCI kills off Canned lion hunting?!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by postoak:
Antis will never be converted.

They would rather see government hunters killing animals by the thousands each year replace sport hunters.

Or, the reintroduction of natural predators to keep wildlife numbers in check, even if that means a certain number of people and pets will be killed by those predators.

Or, pay the cost of having wild animals darted and neutered no matter what that cost was.

Nothing will convert those people.

But most non-hunters aren't antis, and can be converted with logic and facts.

Agreed and the proper anti hunters are rabid in their views nor are they prepared to debate. They often resort to foul language or threats which I personally believe does not work in their favour.

In addition they do not have a clue about Africa, the people and culture or anything related to hunting.

They soon move on if you do not engage them.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Agreed and the proper anti hunters are rabid in their views nor are they prepared to debate. They often resort to foul language or threats which I personally believe does not work in their favour.

In addition they do not have a clue about Africa the people and culture or anything related to hunting.

They soon move on if you do not engage them.

100% correct on all counts, but three things you and the majority of us that hunt, does not matter where overlook concerning anti's.

A. They are Zealots.

B. They are Organized.

C. They are skilled at playing on the emotions of a Public that has moved away from the Natural World and Humans place in that World.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
It seem's to me the ONLY reason someone would shoot a Canned Lion is to get the Big 5. The same reason they would Dart a Rhino. If there was not a Big 5 these would both go away.

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
It seem's to me the ONLY reason someone would shoot a Canned Lion is to get the Big 5. The same reason they would Dart a Rhino. If there was not a Big 5 these would both go away.

What you and too many others are missing out on, is those doing these type hunts are doing so for PERSONAL GRATIFICATION!!!!

This is the concept too many ACTUAL hunters miss out on! Too many hunters today are interested in Self Gratification ONLY!!!!

That is why the "Canned Hunting" operations, REGARDLESS of the species were created and why they thrive, too many of todays "Hunters" do not want to take the time to actually put forth the effort to aquire a species, whether it is an ACTUAL trophy or not, simply because they are not capable of being viewed as a failure.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:

Several members here have expressed how much they enjoyed darting rhinos.

I think some even did it numerous times.

It does not appeal to me at all.

But, best of luck to those who like to do it.

If I am not hunting, I stick to my cameras.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If there was not a Big 5 these would both go away.

Would they go away simply because their names would not appear on the book and therefore lose out on the back-slapping and "wows"?

The Big 5 program can actually be successfully concluded in 1 year and possibly in one go if you have the time and money to splash.

I personally know of one person who achieved that.

Whatever happened to the good old "personal satisfaction", the "been there, done it" attitude?

Posts: 2035 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
If there was not a Big 5 these would both go away.

Whatever happened to the good old "personal satisfaction", the "been there, done it" attitude?

The minute one joins the SCI TROPHY COMPETITION OF MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS, the above statement becomes irrelevant clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote