THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    2018 Weatherby Award - Craig Boddington
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 Weatherby Award - Craig Boddington
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Craig Boddington is the winner.

Congratulations.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of the older members grew up on O'Connor/Keith... I grew up on Boddington.

Congrats Col. Boddington

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He is an awesome Hunter and this is well deserved !

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Well done, Craig!

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
any t-shirt or shirt available ....

Posts: 1875 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I'm sure well deserved.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2811 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I always liked him and he was always very pleasant and friendly every time I met him
Good for you Craig

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billrquimby:
Well done, Craig!

Bill Quimby

Yes.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Met Craig at the SCI thing in Reno several years ago. Nice man, and pleasant to converse with. Spending enough years in the USMC to become a colonel, and then becoming a decent writer and world travelling hunter is something worthy of notice. Congratulations, sir. You deserve it.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:
Some of the older members grew up on O'Connor/Keith... I grew up on Boddington.

Congrats Col. Boddington

Likewise. Congratulations, Craig!

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Craig! Would also like to thank you for your service for our country!!!

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Sir. Congratulations and thank you for your service.

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shared a camp with Craig in 2006 in Mozambique.
A fine gentleman and delightful company at dinner.
Heartiest congratulations!

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Craig.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good for Craig. Well deserved!

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Sir! Thanks for everything.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have met Craig once as well. He is a hell of a nice guy.

I bought the last copy of Hunting in Argentina from him, and some how I got included in the conversation between him and Donna about getting it signed. Either way it is at the post office, I got an email today.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Over the years, Craig has done a LOT to advance shooting and big game hunting sports.

Congrats to him. Well deserved.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Well deserved!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think he is well deserving. My congratulations go out to him.

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Very few people have devoted so much of their life to hunting. Nice to see Craig recognized by this award.

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Won't claim knowing him, but have visited with him a few times, he was always friendly and willing to spend time with me.
I also think well of his wife Donna, she seems to be quite a nice lady.
Very glad he got the award.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Huahuh sir

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Mr. Boddington, he is one of the good ones in the industry and he deserves this award.

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 531 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well deserved and long overdue! Congratulations.
MMP

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Not many people can claim the hunting experience that Boddington has under his belt!

Congratulations sir! Thank you first for your service, and a well deserved Weatherby award!

............................................................. tu2 tu2 patriot old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Although I was an Infantry officer in the US Army, I always considered USMC officers as fellow brothers in arms. I used to greatly look forwards to traveling to Quantico to compete with the USMC shooters at the Interservice Rifle Matches. They were the best run matches I've ever competed in, and the standard of excellence in the scores was unbelievable. I remember in 1975 I shot a 200-11X in the Rapid Sitting match, and thought I might win a medal. My score was on the second page of the match results, somewhere around 20th place. I met Carlos Hathcock that year, and he was treated like a god by all his fellow Marines, as he should have

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Congrats Craig!

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to know how many trips he has been on. I am sure the number is astounding.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
It would be interesting to know how many trips he has been on. I am sure the number is astounding.

I believe I asked that question in Gayne's podcast but he was a little elusive on the answer. Seemed to me he was a little too modest to fess up.. Cool

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kudos to Mr. Boddington. He has always entertained and informed. All other things aside, when he writes something, I have found it to be insightful and accurate.

I also have grown up reading his work and appreciate his contributions to my way of life.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Craig!

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats and always been charming and helpful. Great books. I ve always wondered what he s done with the trophies he s amassed

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I believe I asked that question in Gayne's podcast but he was a little elusive on the answer. Seemed to me he was a little too modest to fess up.. Cool

Coincidentally, tonight I just started reading his book Elephant! In it he says since the end of 2010 he's been on 90 Africa trips Add seven years to that I imagine he's pushing 100.

Not to mention the numerous other international trips he's taken.

Posts: 222 | Location: Peculiar, MO | Registered: 19 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
While I don't "know" him...I have spoken with him on several occasions while the Lion Conservation Task Force was operational. He is a true patriot, American, and fellow big-game hunter. My hat is off to him...cheers Craig! beer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Craig. Well deserved.

Best, Tom

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Hunting is not a competition, and I am against any attempts to make it into such a thing. I find the notion of competition to be repugnant to my idea of hunting.

My aims in the pursuit of game are entirely mine, and are entirely separate from anyone else's. My aims are intentionally insulated from all of that, and my "achievements" (and "failures") are mine alone and are personal things, and reported to others only to share my experiences and to inform.

I do believe in that kind of communication about hunting. Sharing of the experience of hunting by others has done much to kindle my fires to hunt big game across the globe.

I count many who have fueled those fires in me, including Roualeyn George Gordon-Cumming, Theodore Roosevelt, Stewart Edward White, Edouard Foa, Arthur Neumann, C.H. Stigand, W.D.M. Bell, Denis Lyell, Tony Sanchez-Arino, John Taylor, Jim Corbett, H.M. Stanley, John Hunter, F.C. Selous and many others.

I count Craig Boddington among those, and competition be damned, that is good company.

I will not say congratulations, Craig, but I will say a sincere thank you, for all you have done to stoke those fires in me, and others.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That may be true. On the other hand, I am quite sure he has gone more than I have and I doubt i could accurately answer that question.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Last time I talked with Craig this past spring he told me that he thought that it was well over 100+. tu2