THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    2018 Weatherby Award - Craig Boddington
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 Weatherby Award - Craig Boddington
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Isn't this about the Weatherby Award?

SHOCK...this is the first time a topic has wandered off in a tangent, but one so egregious, some of us felt compelled to respond because:
A. Know the individual
B. Know about the issue regarding the defamation and the process, know it to be bullshit
C. Felt compelled to respond

Cheers,
j

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
No officers are frocked anymore. This has something to do with line numbers, and how it screws that up.

Your statement is not accurate. Officers in the Navy O-3 and below are still routinely frocked. Above that, frocking numbers are limited and are generally position specific. Frocking to O-7 (BGEN or Rear Admiral, Lower Half) are very limited, require specific permission, and are generally for Command positions only.

I have no knowledge of the other services procedures.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdwest:
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
[QUOTE]A good Marine would not follow unlawful orders.

My guess is that Col. Boddington intended no wrong, and had no idea that what he was doing at the time was wrong.. He trusted his superior, knew that this was something his branch of service did on occasion when the situation warranted it, etc.. and followed the orders that he believed to be lawful at the time they were delivered..

The tragedy here is that Craig took the fall for this and LGEN Earl Hailstrom was relatively unscathed.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Was it Uganda where he had/almost had a heart attack a few years ago?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, he had the issue in Uganda and wrote about it.

Posts: 10359 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by subsailor74:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
No officers are frocked anymore. This has something to do with line numbers, and how it screws that up.

Your statement is not accurate. Officers in the Navy O-3 and below are still routinely frocked. Above that, frocking numbers are limited and are generally position specific. Frocking to O-7 (BGEN or Rear Admiral, Lower Half) are very limited, require specific permission, and are generally for Command positions only.

I have no knowledge of the other services procedures.

Gotcha!

I didn't know that I had not heard of it in a long time.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Mr Boddington !!
In emails, phone and seeing you and Donna at the shows, it has always been such a pleasure. Thank you for all the info and especially for your service to our country.

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it". Fred Bear

Posts: 444 | Location: WA. State | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
And you would have lost your Promotion for following an unlawful order.

Well, fact is, I didn't... Retired after thirty years four months and seventeen days on active duty..

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you had done what "Bodd" did and got caught". Reading compression dude.

No, the Navy often-times did the right thing.
Compression? got it... "dude"

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm resurrecting this thread to ask where was the award presented prior to DSC hosting the function?
Was it SCI right before Dallas or various other venues?

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
Was it Uganda where he had/almost had a heart attack a few years ago?

If I remember correctly, it was on his TV show.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rxgremlin:
I'm resurrecting this thread to ask where was the award presented prior to DSC hosting the function?
Was it SCI right before Dallas or various other venues?

The award was presented during the Weatherby dinner held the night before the start of the Dallas Safati Club convention in January.

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know but I was just curious if SCI hosted the dinner in previous years and Weatherby decided to start having DSC host it.

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ray B:
It is interesting to see the responses of those that took a simple question as a challenge. I'd like to know if Col Boddington feels any guilt regarding his choice to get a draft deferment in the ROTC. It's a simple question that he can answer. I'm sure that he doesn't need a bunch of whatevers making excuses for him, particularly when there ahs been no accusation made, except in the course of those wellmeaning but misdirected apologies.

Ray,
Are you going to post your DD214 so we can all see your combat experience?

Don

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you do when things go wrong.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Does Ray B. have any guilt as he survived when others did not?
Cal

I'm waiting to see if Ray even served in combat. Asking about the service of others and implying it was less than honorable doesn't mean you did shit yourself.

Don

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you do when things go wrong.