THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    what NOT to shoot a lion with...a camera. warning idiot gets eaten.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what NOT to shoot a lion with...a camera. warning idiot gets eaten.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted

Posts: 27608 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
You would think people know better but his mistake cost him his life. How terrible for his family, especially having to sit in the car and watch.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
How stupid, but I completely feel sorry for the chicldren watch their daddy get eaten. The lions really filled up on that guy. I am beginning to think Disney really didn't like people, they believe his cartoons so much they are all getting eaten. Population control perhaps?

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Does a 19th century phrase, "Survival of the fittest" ring a bell to anyone?

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
being an amature everything including photgrapher i can see where looking through a lense you can forget that there is a real world going on and sometimes neglect your own safty. this guy took it to an extreme and yes to see your father eaten by lions is a horrible thing but a stunning reminder that animals are "animals" that do not reason like us. disney ect have humanized them and put many children in harms way. i grew up watching nature shows and seeing animals eat eachother. today humans and animals laugh and play together for raings and to get parents to buy products.

do your kids a favor and watch nature programs that show animals as they are not as we would like them to be. there is no alpo or meow mix on the serenghetti

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27608 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how sad. almost as sad is no one lifted a finger to help that I can tell.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
the guy was dead in 20 seconds...no need to lose another life. they needed guns and had none.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Parks officials dispersed the lions with a vehicle. Two other vehicles were there and nobody used them to help the guy. There is also no way to tell if the guy was dead in 20 seconds

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hoax!

Posts: 177 | Location: The Arkansas Line | Registered: 15 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sure hope it is a hoax.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Pretty graphic, but more than that, pretty stupid. Like others have pointed out, why didn't someone run a vechile in that direction and try and get the lions out of there?

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
the guy was not responding after 20 seconds into the attack. dead, in shock or passed out. he was a gonner. the point is dont put yourself in danger without a gun or guns especialy with family...

hoax? i dont think so...

One of Us
Picture of Gentleman Jack
posted Hide Post
Hate to tell you all this but this is old and fake. Its from a B movie.

"There are creatures here that cannot even be found in books, and I have killed them all......"

Posts: 273 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree smarter decisions can be made and firearms do have thier place in this situation, but for no one to render aid to a man in this situation would be appauling. I don't think boomstick would want someone else deciding he wasn't worth saving while lions gnaw upon him. The fact is people need to act like men with functional testicals and step up even if it is just to save a dead man.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
every man woman or child is worth saving but my point is he was toast to begin with. the smart thing would have been to use the cars to chase the lions away the oth guy had to protect the newly made orphans as well as try to save this guy

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I get nothing but the website!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
it got flagged as mature content...you have to sign up to see mature content...it would only take a second

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Staged and fake...??? It appears to be just that.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
b stick. get a life, buddy. this is fake. benn around a long, long time.

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote