THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    U.S. Lifts Ban on Some Elephant and Lion Trophies

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Lifts Ban on Some Elephant and Lion Trophies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
I read that earlier today.

That is great news for Hunters and the PH'S who have clients hunting Elephant and Lion's

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1628 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
FYI - This is from March 7, 2018, not 2019.

No change on import at this time.

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Good article.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I have had a permit application in with USFWS since August 2016 on ivory in Zim. Other than notification of receipt...still no word on it. Fixing to submit a new one on another hunt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37897 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be submitting permits for lion and Ele that I'll be hunting in Tanzania in August/September. Fingers crossed.

Posts: 1823 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanajay:
I will be submitting permits for lion and Ele that I'll be hunting in Tanzania in August/September. Fingers crossed.

Bwana..which areas are you hunting in TZ?

Posts: 1924 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Guys, Gregg above says this is from 2018 not 2019. Anyone have any insight on that?

I've got an ele, probably the last one taken in 2013 in Zim that's still sitting in Buzz's storage. Would like to get him home.

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://forums.accuratereloadin...871038932#1871038932

Greg is correct. Here is from March 2018 when the issue was discussed on AR.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9501 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bwana..which areas are you hunting in TZ?

Safari2, I will be hunting Mlele and Monduli.

Posts: 1823 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Guys, Gregg above says this is from 2018 not 2019. Anyone have any insight on that?

I've got an ele, probably the last one taken in 2013 in Zim that's still sitting in Buzz's storage. Would like to get him home.

I thought 2013 was the last that was allowed to import pre banning.

Mine from Zim in 2013 came back with no issues back in 2017 (I had hide products and stuff made with it) I’d talk with a good trophy broker to see what you need to do, but 2013 should be doable unless the hunt was after the cut off...

Posts: 11030 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Brownlee:
FYI - This is from March 7, 2018, not 2019.

No change on import at this time.

Greg

Party Pooper!!

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does this affect elephants taken in Zim in 2015?

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 489 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:

I thought 2013 was the last that was allowed to import pre banning.

Mine from Zim in 2013 came back with no issues back in 2017 (I had hide products and stuff made with it) I’d talk with a good trophy broker to see what you need to do, but 2013 should be doable unless the hunt was after the cut off...

I took that bull second week of December 2013 and had my ele taxidermy (tusks capped and chained, leather tanned, footstools made from feet) all done in Zim. By the time it was completed and ready to ship, the ban was in place.

There was a short window of time before the ban applied to ALL elephant imports from Zim, regardless of being taken pre-ban but I was negotiating with the shipping companies as they were trying to stick it to me. According to those I've spoken to since, the ban affects my late 2013 elephant now as well. If I'm wrong on that, someone advise and I'll get my stuff shipped ASAP but I've been advised from the guys in Zim that no import permits have been allowed at present time, regardless of date hunted.

Maybe one of the import companies that participate here on AR can shed some light?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Nothing has changed Todd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37897 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote