THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    LIVE! Report From The Selous- VIDEOS Are Being Added.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LIVE! Report From The Selous- VIDEOS Are Being Added.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
So when are we leaving? Smiler

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBoutfishn:
So when are we leaving? Smiler

We will be in camp sooner than you think Jim! Glad you are joining us beer

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68686 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has Walter lost his passport?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are virtually heading to another new adventure. Good hunting, have a lot of fun. Please say hi to René, Roy, Alan and his wife. For Roy an special hug on September the 29th . That day will be the oldest of the group. In a funy year. The good thing, is still in great shape..... I think. Muy best wishes to you all.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nelson B:
You are virtually heading to another new adventure. Good hunting, have a lot of fun. Please say hi to René, Roy, Alan and his wife. For Roy an special hug on September the 29th . That day will be the oldest of the group. In a funy year. The good thing, is still in great shape..... I think. Muy best wishes to you all.

Thank you Nelson.

Roy is in great shape, and us younger ones find it hard to keep up with him.

And what better place for a man like him than celebrate his birthday on the first day of a safari clap

We head out to the airport in a couple of hours.

Posts: 68686 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wishing you & the whole crew a GREAT adventure.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once again I get to live vicariously through you Saeed. Thanks and good luck on your latest trip!

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck...good hunting Saeed and go easy on Walter !

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Safe winds and good hunting.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are in camp.

Had a great flight on Emirates - with the usual Walter comedy show.

Five of us were flying together, Roy and Rene, Enrique and Walter and myself.

Made it to the airstrip just before sun down, and at camp by about 8.

Just finished dinner, and trying to sleep - probably not much, too much excitement!

Trying a new sat modem from Thuraya, and it seems to work great.

Saw two large buffalo herd in our concession before we landed - great news for us.

Hopefully I will have some photos for you tomorrow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck, be safe and we are looking forward to the photos.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Having pre flight breakfast at the Emirates lounge yesterday morning. And on the way to Dar.

Quite warm last night, and the hyaena's did their part of kicking up a ruckus as usual.

Will be heading out to check the rifles at 6 and then onto hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have fun and be nice to Walter Cool

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
This is the most fun. Getting the videos later is also great.

Good hunting.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two eggs fried sunny side up......my kind of breakfast................................................
Best wishes for an outstanding safari but please go easy on Walter he looks so vulnerable.

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Having pre flight breakfast at the Emirates lounge yesterday morning. And on the way to Dar.

Quite warm last night, and the hyaena's did their part of kicking up a ruckus as usual.

Will be heading out to check the rifles at 6 and then onto hunting.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We left a bit later than usual today. The pilots who brought us in last night had to stay the night here, and one of our trucks had to take them back to the airfield to go back to Dar.

This suited Walter perfectly, as he likes to take his time, althought it is Enrique who is hunting today.

We went and checked the zero on our rifles - each rifle needed just one shot!
We went back to camp and had breakfast and headed out.
A few kilometers down the river, we saw a lone hippo lying in shallow water. We looked at him from a distance, and saw that it was a cow, which did not look in good shape.

As we got closer, we thought she was actually dead. We went to investigate and take some photos, and found that she was alive.
She did not like us getting close to her, and she had a gow at us. But she was no threat really at all.

While we were looking at her, we heard a herd of buffalo not far in the bush.

We went after them, and saw that they were heading to the water.

We found a spot down wind, about 70 yards away. It was a very big herd, but it seems the first one that came out was a good mature bull. He was drinking facing towards us, and I put a 300 grain Walterhog along his neck with his down. He dropped at the shot.

It took us quite while to get the buffalo from the river bed. On the way to camp we saw a good kudu bull running into some thicket. Went after him, but had to give us as one cannot see more than a few yards away.
Went back to cam to have lunch.

The photo of the waterbuck was taken in front of the camp, with a Nikon P900 at 83X zoom.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Always nice to hit the ground running! Nice solid Buff to start with.

Please give the Vincents my kind regards.

Good luck!

Cheers
Brent

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nice start! tu2 By the way, what does Walter have wrapped around the bottom of his legs? Are those homemade gaitors? rotflmo I am sure that he has a specific theory on the color and style! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure when my last hunt will be, hope to do it with my friends! (Just like Walter)!!!

Posts: 51 | Location: South East Ohio | Registered: 27 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Great start to your trip with that dugga boy, Saeed. I think Walter packed his spats instead of his ankle gaiters by mistake.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!
What kind of shooting sticks do you use to aim a camera on 83X? Great shooting, rifle and camera. tu2

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
As usual, your photography is fantastic. Stay safe and have a wonderful safari.

Warm regards
Saeed

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That is some wonderful country, Saeed. I am sure you will have a most satisfying hunt.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16633 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
Best of luck and safe travels, Saeed. I always enjoy following along on your hunts with Roy, Rene and Alan. I hope this one proves out to be one of the very best ever for all concerned.

Thank you very much.

This might be Walter's last trip to Africa, and we hope to make the best of it.

Last year he announced that it was his last safari - not bad for one who only wanted to go on safari once in his life - that was 23 years ago!! Smiler

And he has been going every year ever since!!

His health is not getting better, but apparently a chance to annoy Roy and me cannot be let pass!

Roy and Rene are arriving here in a few days time, and we all travel to Dar together.

I am glad that you have managed to get Walter to go again. When I hunted with him in 2012 he said to me that was his last hunt! He wasn't feeling too well that trip. But he was still a lot of fun to hunt with! I know the camp won't be the same without him!!!

So with all that said, I hope that this is his best one yet. I will be wishing hard that there bountiful walterable animals in the Selous this week!

Best regards my friend,
Chris

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I was resting the camera on the poles that hole the rope around the campfire.

Chris, Rip, every send their best regards.

Shot a wildebeest today.

Enrique had to do a lot of walking but has not managed to fire a shot.

posted Hide Post
Unbelievable detail in the photos; looks as if you are off to a great start.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Serious wildebeest. The landscape pictures are great.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Great photos as always.

Saeed, you may not realize you are doing this but you take some of the best African wildlife reference photos for taxidermists that I have ever seen.

That photo above of the back/top of the impalas head is a perfect example. The angle of that photo is not one you will find anywhere else. The clear, sharply focused details like the little rolls of skin and shapes of muscles in places that are seldom viewed/photographed are valuable images to a taxidermist. It helps prevent "guessing" when it comes to anatomy. Thanks for the images!

Have a great hunt.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Yes very nice wildebeest Saeed tu2

Chris you know Walter only goes for the food Wink
But seriously I hope he has a great hunt.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Ditto that, and the unspoiled wilderness with wild dogs packing about is enough to warm the cockles of any hunter's heart.
But I can't help thinking about those dogs chasing a PETA person dragging a Porterhouse steak on a rope behind him/her/it. animal

Best to Rene, Roy, Alan, and yes, even Walter.
I am still in awe of Roy's fitness, as well as Walter's lack of it, yet still he enedeavors to perservere. That is fantastic too. tu2

Now back to the scorecards of Saeed and Enrique.
Who is the B-Team PH guiding Enrique? popcorn

Is this a juvenile Bateleur or some other raptor? I'll have to break out the Birding Books ...
83x?
Whatever, some excellent bird shooting. clap

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Love these pics!!! Keep them coming!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The photos amaze me.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great to join the gallery!

Wish you all a great time and good health, particularly to Walter.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11222 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fairgame:

Is this a juvenile Bateleur or some other raptor? I'll have to break out the Birding Books ...

It's a Brown Snake Eagle

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
maybe a young Crowned eagle ?

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It is a snake eagle.

Walked all over the place today chasing a sable bull, but he evaded us in thick bush.

Found a fresh leopard kill - a kongoni. He only ate a small piece of its rear end. It looked like a female with cups.

We are back in camp for lunch.

Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Each year, the photos are better than the previous year. This year, just fantastic. Awesome the one of the Waterbuck in 83X .

My friend Walter, for his happy face in all the photos, this is not his last safari. That for sure !!! . Even plays crooked ... And with his latest stent, pacemaker and bypass, it is almost a bionic man.

Loins cooked to disk, hmmm….

Enrique just have to hunt something and his happy face will be like being in heaven. ( It seems that in purgatory ate enough.)

Thanks for everything Saeed. Love to all the camp,