Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
I had a client show me how safe Blasers were by shooting a substantial hole through the roof of my dining room. To say I giggled is an understatement. However recently I have been impressed with the accuracy of these rifles.

Andrew, I was on the fence before this and your AD post.

Now I’m leaning hard toward bringing one of my Blasers. Big Grin

Joke right?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I had a client show me how safe Blasers were by shooting a substantial hole through the roof of my dining room. To say I giggled is an understatement. However recently I have been impressed with the accuracy of these rifles.

Joke right?

Of course it's a joke Andrew.

Any mention of one of those hideous contraptions is a joke!

My favorite joke is the one with the synthetic stock (you know, for all kinds of bad weather) and leather covered pistol and fore-end grips (because leather is such a great all weather material)!!

clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The leather is sweet. Makes the success even better.

What a great platform Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Joke right?

No. Not at all.

Okay, maybe a little bit.

I have killed more game than I care to count with Blasers.

But I do like Mausers and their derivatives, especially CZs and Winchesters. I have found, however, that they all need work.

They can be made to get the job done.

But Blasers work like death rays, every time, all the time, right out of the box.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has there been another firearm in modern history that has polarized shooters as much as Blaser has ?

I find myself sitting wondering why ?

Is it totally the asthetics as Todd likes to point out ?, is it the non-conventional function ?
Exactly what is it that instantly drives shooters in to either the ï detest Blasers camp" or ï've got six of them and I love them, camp.

Now don't get me wrong I enjoy all this ragging, in particular any ragging directed towards our own local Blaser King the Beibster, but recently I've stopped and begun wondering truthfully if i'm being objective about this entire Blaser debacle.

I still remember when an American hunter turned up in my camp with brass hollow points loaded for buffalo and him telling me i'd never seen anything perform like "these" and that these new brass bullet thingese where the best damned buffalo bullet around, well you know I might have rolled my eyes a bit but I kept my mouth shut (he had a 10 day cull hunt booked which would sort the chaff from they hay !!!!), and I am glad I didn't say what I was thinking because I went on to hunt and rely on those bullets for the remaining time as a PH. that gentleman was our own Mike458 testing the CEB Safari Raptor.

My own bigotry towards the Blaser is based on my bumping in to a guy in a local gunshop many years ago with half his face ripped open by the previous model (93 I think ??) but since then I believe Blaser has fixed the issue as I don't hear or see any safety issues with the newer model, so my previous distrust of this platform seems to be now unfounded.

Why, exactly, why do we either love or absolutely detest this rifle platform ?

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Truccolo:
Has there been another firearm in modern history that has polarized shooters as much as Blaser has ?

Is it totally the asthetics as Todd likes to point out ?, is it the non-conventional function ?
Exactly what is it that instantly drives shooters in to either the ï detest Blasers camp" or ï've got six of them and I love them, camp.

Now don't get me wrong I enjoy all this ragging, in particular any ragging directed towards our own local Blaser King the Beibster, but recently I've stopped and begun wondering truthfully if i'm being objective about this entire Blaser debacle.

I still remember when an American hunter turned up in my camp with brass hollow points loaded for buffalo and him telling me i'd never seen anything perform like "these" and that these new brass bullet thingese where the best damned buffalo bullet around, well you know I might have rolled my eyes a bit but I kept my mouth shut (he had a 10 day cull hunt booked which would sort the chaff from they hay !!!!), and I am glad I didn't say what I was thinking because I went on to hunt and rely on those bullets for the remaining time as a PH. that gentleman was our own Mike458 testing the CEB Safari Raptor.

My own bigotry towards the Blaser is based on my bumping in to a guy in a local gunshop many years ago with half his face ripped open by the previous model (93 I think ??) but since then I believe Blaser has fixed the issue as I don't hear or see any safety issues with the newer model, so my previous distrust of this platform seems to be now unfounded.

Good question Mr Truccolo,

I hope for a serious answer from Mr Todd and the gang...

I must admit one thing; Last year I sold all of my 3 Blasers ( one R93 and two R8 plus one extra barrel ) because someone convinced me that normal Mauser bolt was better. I bought a Rigby Big Game in 375 HH. I will keep the Rigby ( unless someone wants to buy it ) but after 4 weeks I was back with a Blaser R8. It is like coming home to mama… I have used Blaser since 1996 and have'nt had one single problem with those rifles. I have owned 5 different models and they have been almost all over the hunting world. Not a single problem at any time. They are taken apart and put together again, they are changing barrels, scopes, calibers and boltheads. No problem at all. They fall to ground, they take snow and sand. No problem at all. And you may use them as a walking stick without any trouble...

Could it be just like looking at a woman ? One guy likes the blondes - the other guy must have a brunette... simple as that and everyone thinks the other one is an idiot that does not fancy his type of woman …

Just asking.. and wondering !

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1142 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Honest answer.

For me it’s twofold.

The biggest issue is the esthetics. I don’t like how they look, but that’s a personal judgement.

The second thing that has poisoned the Blaser to me is the absolute fanboy status so many of the owners have towards them. Nothing is as good, accurate,etc. bull. They may be on average better, but then for the kind of money you pay, they had better be. Like I said earlier, my Mauser derivatives and double have worked well, and are not failing in some way. How can the Blaser be “better” than what I have from a results standpoint?

If you like them, I may tease you about it, and I won’t likely be buying one any time soon, but I am not going to claim that from a results standpoint my rifle choices are innately superior.

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
quote:

I must admit one thing; Last year I sold all of my 3 Blasers ( one R93 and two R8 plus one extra barrel ) because someone convinced me that normal Mauser bolt was better. I bought a Rigby Big Game in 375 HH. I will keep the Rigby ( unless someone wants to buy it ) but after 4 weeks I was back with a Blaser R8. It is like coming home to mama… I have used Blaser since 1996 and have'nt had one single problem with those rifles. I have owned 5 different models and they have been almost all over the hunting world. Not a single problem at any time. They are taken apart and put together again, they are changing barrels, scopes, calibers and boltheads. No problem at all. They fall to ground, they take snow and sand. No problem at all. And you may use them as a walking stick without any trouble...

Could it be just like looking at a woman ? One guy likes the blondes - the other guy must have a brunette... simple as that and everyone thinks the other one is an idiot that does not fancy his type of woman …

Morten

Cause they are Luddites and old curmudgeons Big Grin

They hate everything new and innovative dancing

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Honest answer.

For me it’s twofold.

The biggest issue is the esthetics. I don’t like how they look, but that’s a personal judgement.

The second thing that has poisoned the Blaser to me is the absolute fanboy status so many of the owners have towards them. Nothing is as good, accurate,etc. bull. They may be on average better, but then for the kind of money you pay, they had better be. Like I said earlier, my Mauser derivatives and double have worked well, and are not failing in some way. How can the Blaser be “better” than what I have from a results standpoint?

If you like them, I may tease you about it, and I won’t likely be buying one any time soon, but I am not going to claim that from a results standpoint my rifle choices are innately superior.

Cause your Mauser derivative is like a souped up Subaru Wrx on which you spent a ton (gunsmithing) of money to perform and a blaser is a factory Porsche 911 Big Grin

Blaser R8 are just better - safer design, excellent accuracy, platform synergies - barrels galore, breakdown, swap scopes, clean with water if needed (whole thing breaks down) and no gunsmith needed to get performance Wink

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
quote:

Morten

Cause they are Luddites and old curmudgeons Big Grin

They hate everything new and innovative dancing

Mike

Serious answer from me? Sure.

As the good doctor above said, it's two fold.

Esthetics? Absolutely. What better example than the synthetic stock for all weather environments with leather grip inserts? I mean, how screwed up is a contraption like that?

Whistling

But for me, I do prefer classic equipment more often than not. I don't care that a Blaser shoots sub MOA. I've got several traditional bolt rifles that do that and they don't look hideous in the process. But to a larger extent, I'm not concerned with shaving off a 0.10 of an inch from an already sub MOA rifle. I suppose if I was engaged in competitive bench rest matches, it would be a different focus for me, but I'm not. I'm a hunter. I don't care about putting a bullet into a 3 inch paper bull at 600 yards. I'm not likely to shoot at an animal at 600 yards. If I do, the boiler room I'm trying to hit will be much larger. I prefer shooting under 100 yards most of the time and if I need to reach out there, I've not found any of my traditional bolt guns lacking. BTW, are there any competitive BR shooters using Blasers?

barf Cool

As to not liking "modern" developments. Yep, that's the case for me more often than not. The best equivalent example I can think of is a story I've told before over on the Big Bore an DR forums. A few years ago, I had a top end sports car with the F1 paddle shift system. I also have a Viper with stick shift and clutch pedal. Two opposite ends of the technology spectrum. Was the F car the faster car around the track. By far. However, that was largely due to the fact that you didn't have to master traditional techniques such as heel/toe throttle/brake/clutch management while downshifting entering a turn, as well as other techniques. With the paddle shift, you just steer and select gears with the paddle and only manage the throttle and brake. For that matter, on the GTO model of that same car, you don't even have to time the downshifts with the paddle, you just hold the downshift paddle down and the computer will shift the transmission into the appropriate gear for your combined speed, RPM, and deceleration rate as you slow to enter a turn!!!

In short, it's a much simplified experience. On top of that, you have all the wiz bang computerized traction control corrections going on to the point that you really do feel like you are just steering the car around the track. The traction control limits which wheel receives the commanded power and how much thereof, and if stability can't be corrected through that process, it will apply the brake to certain wheels to supplement the process. Traction control in the Viper is strictly controlled with your right foot on the throttle. You have to learn how to feed in the throttle, how much and at what rate, as you exit a turn and align the car with the straight away. F car? Just bury the throttle exiting the turn and the computer will sort it out for you. The Viper requires much more intense driver interaction to get around the track OR ELSE STAND BY!!! Was I concerned about shaving a 1/2 second off my lap times? NOPE. I took the cars to the track for the excitement of driving in a more spirited manner than is allowed on public streets. I really didn't care about lap times as I'm not a racer engaged in competition.

99.99% of driving those two cars was done on public streets. The driver engagement satisfaction between the two under those conditions wasn't even worth consideration. You might as well be in a big Cadillac floating boat type car with the F car most of the time. And there is nothing wrong with that but when I take a sports car out on the road, I want it to feel sporty. Feel the road, hear the engine, participate in the mechanics of driving the car, not just putting the automatic transmission into D, turn on the A/C, cruise control, radio up, and a drink in the drink holder.

Long way around to say, NO, I don't think every new development that comes along is better. I don't argue that advancements don't improve certain aspects of performance, but for me, there is more to it than simply measurable levels of performance. I enjoy hunting DG with an open sighted DR, knowing full well that a scoped .375 will provide many more shot opportunities, which may offer opportunities on bigger animals. I enjoy the experience at least as much, if not more than, the objective measure of the activity.

Applying that to the Blaser, I see the platform as an answer to a problem that doesn't exist. And also as the good doctor stated above, I enjoy poking fun at the Fanboys in my curmudgeoness! Is that a word? I couldn't get this new fangled auto correct thing to tell me for sure!

Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The is some truth in what Tood is saying. I am at the range shooting my blaser r8s. I have a few stocks and one trigger/mag/firing mechanism as another ar member has borrowed one of mine to take as a spare magazine for a African safari he is on.

I am swapping triggers/bolts ect and shooting .20 moa groups at 100 yards with the cheapest factory Winchester 125 grain ammo ($12.50 a box in bulk) 6.5 ammo. It is a bit souless for a gun to shoot this efficiently as it’s being salvaged for parts.

Why I plan to hunt with my blaser k95 which shoots the same ammo in much wider groups of .3266 moa Big Grin

Todd you have talked a perfectly respectable cz550 and turned it into the ugliest gun in the world. Even Biebs could not do that - you have no say in any ugly or beauty competition jumping

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it totally the asthetics as Todd likes to point out ?

Mr Todd obviously doesn't own a mirror :-)

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:
Is it totally the asthetics as Todd likes to point out ?

Mr Todd obviously doesn't own a mirror :-)

Mirror Mirror on the wall!!

animal

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
The is some truth in what Tood is saying. I am at the range shooting my blaser r8s. I have a few stocks and one trigger/mag/firing mechanism as another ar member has borrowed one of mine to take as a spare magazine for a African safari he is on.

I am swapping triggers/bolts ect and shooting .20 moa groups at 100 yards with the cheapest factory Winchester 125 grain ammo ($12.50 a box in bulk) 6.5 ammo. It is a bit souless for a gun to shoot this efficiently as it’s being salvaged for parts.

Why I plan to hunt with my blaser k95 which shoots the same ammo in much wider groups of .3266 moa Big Grin

Todd you have talked a perfectly respectable cz550 and turned it into the ugliest gun in the world. Even Biebs could not do that - you have no say in any ugly or beauty competition jumping

Mike

HA Mike. My CZ is only ugly due to the color of the all weather finish but on an attractive functional "Mauser" design. Like Phil's "Old Ugly" or a well used truck (well used immediately eliminates any truck made by FORD)!!!

It's ugliness is skin deep.

Those Blaser's are Ugly All The Way To The Bone!!! barf

BOOM

Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

Mike

HA Mike. My CZ is only ugly due to the color of the all weather finish but on an attractive functional "Mauser" design. Like Phil's "Old Ugly" or a well used truck (well used immediately eliminates any truck made by FORD)!!!

It's ugliness is skin deep.

Those Blaser's are Ugly All The Way To The Bone!!! barf

BOOM

Cool

I bet Rosie ODonnell’s boyfriend or girlfriend says the same thing Big Grin

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Actually, having lived all my life around guns, I really cannot see a single thing about Blasers that I like.

The system is just plane silly, from the straight pull, to the locking mechanism, and how to operate it.

I had my first experience of watching someone using a Blaser on safari, and that has just re-unforced my original opinion on what an utterly stupid design it is.

Walter loves his Blaser.

We found a warthog he could shoot.

The warthog was standing among some rocks and dead logs.

Walter had a hard job seeing it, but eventually the pig moved and he saw it.

Then started one of the most hilarious pig shooting episodes I have ever seen!

He wounded the pig, and in his haste to try to kill it, he had us all rolling on the ground laughing!

I personally was not able to stand up any more.

He pulled the bolt back, far enough to eject the empty, but not far enough to pick a new round.

CLICK!

He did it again on an empty chamber.

CLICK!

Even Roy joined in the festivities, telling Walter "you better kill the pig before it gets into the next concession!"

Walter actually manages to load a new round, but does not close the bolt enough - typical Blaser idiocy, people just nodge the bold forward.

CLICK!

This was repeated several times!

Eventually we got to the pig, and he killed it.

All the rounds he had tried to fire, and ejected unfired, had a tiny hit on the primer.

All caused because he did not push the bolt forward!

So if you really want to know what is a professional hunter's nightmare is, WALTER USING A BLASER!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Walter the wise has seen the future of the rifle and it’s the blaser platform Cool

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I do genuinely appreciate the candid replies from everyone as it has helped me "get over" my bigotry towards the Blaser platform.

I've always been function over form and as no-one can provide conclusive evidence that the resultant engineering that has gone in to the R8 as being defective or negative, I have decided to bury my dislike for the rifle, and the brand.

This is completely separate from, and not to say I will continue to support, any ragging directed towards Beibs, only to say that from now on I will not be involved in negative comments based in his, or anyone else's choice of the Blaser platform.

I have "seen the light", it has blinded me in the form of an ugly, yet functional and practical rifle platform that answers the needs of rifle shooters World wide.

We should support innovation, lest we all end up bitter old Men winging about everything.

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This guy was responsible for me deciding to try a Blaser.
https://www.australianhunting....sg3074337#msg3074337
The link takes you to page 15 of a thread but if you are interested it is worth scrolling back to page 1.
Then there is this one which relates my own Blaser experience.
https://www.australianhunting....x.php?topic=191082.0

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:

My favorite joke is the one with the synthetic stock (you know, for all kinds of bad weather) and leather covered pistol and fore-end grips (because leather is such a great all weather material)!!

No wonder they lost the war...TWICE... Smiler

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting to note the diffence in attitude of posters on Australian Hunting Net (in the first thread I linked above) to something new and different as opposed to those expressed on this forum. Not the first time I have noticed here that Americans are very much more traditional in their approach and very wary of anything new. Still read guys bagging out WSM's here because they won't do anything that older magnums don't and apparently they don't feed well either horse Perhaps they and maybe even Blasers will be accepted in another 50 years?

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
quote:

No wonder they lost the war...TWICE... Smiler

Cause they had slow rickety k-98 Mauser. If they had Super fast super accurate blasers Big Grin

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I do not like the old Mauser action at all.

I do like the modern versions, like the Winchester 70, Remington 700 and Dakota 76 actions.

That is development.

Having a straight pull, and locking mechanism spring loaded, is nothing but asking for disaster, as shown by the dozens of blown up Blasers on the Internet. clap

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The R8 has superseded the R93. There haven't been any R8 blowups since they were introduced in 2008.

The Blaser R8 straight-pull bolt action locks by a 14-lug radial collet in a 360 degrees groove in the barrel and is designed to withstand pressures significantly exceeding the Mauser 98–type bolt-action rifles. The Blaser R8 displays a locking surface of 96 mm2 (0.149 in2) compared to 56 mm2 (0.087 in2) for the Mauser 98.[4] The stressed parts are made out of hammer forged steel and plasma nitrided to make the locking mechanism work. Compared to the preceding R93 rifle series for additional safety the barrel has been thickened at the critical part, the groove has been enlarged and the locking angle of the collets has been steepened. Further the radial collet opens differently. The thus improved lockup of the R8 series comes at the price of a less smooth operating bolt when compared to the R93 series and some weight increase. The R8 lock up was successfully tested at the Deutsche Versuchs- und Prüfanstalt für Jagd- und Sportwaffen (DEVA) laboratory at 1,450.00 MPa (210,305 psi) piëzo pressure.

210 000 PSI? Try that in your Remington.

Conventional bolt action rifles were invented in 1824 by a German too you know. The fist bolt action repeaters in the mid 1860's were Swiss. Took about until the mid to late 1880's before they caught on in the U.S. though.

Wilbur Smith

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bushchook:
The R8 has superseded the R93. There haven't been any R8 blowups since they were introduced in 2008.

The Blaser R8 straight-pull bolt action locks by a 14-lug radial collet in a 360 degrees groove in the barrel and is designed to withstand pressures significantly exceeding the Mauser 98–type bolt-action rifles. The Blaser R8 displays a locking surface of 96 mm2 (0.149 in2) compared to 56 mm2 (0.087 in2) for the Mauser 98.[4] The stressed parts are made out of hammer forged steel and plasma nitrided to make the locking mechanism work. Compared to the preceding R93 rifle series for additional safety the barrel has been thickened at the critical part, the groove has been enlarged and the locking angle of the collets has been steepened. Further the radial collet opens differently. The thus improved lockup of the R8 series comes at the price of a less smooth operating bolt when compared to the R93 series and some weight increase. The R8 lock up was successfully tested at the Deutsche Versuchs- und Prüfanstalt für Jagd- und Sportwaffen (DEVA) laboratory at 1,450.00 MPa (210,305 psi) piëzo pressure.

Conventional bolt action rifles were invented in 1824 by a German too you know. The fist bolt action repeaters in the mid 1860's were Swiss. Took about until the mid to late 1880's before they caught on in the U.S. though.

All that and I still want to barf when I see one!

clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

clap

Maybe a picture of your beauty of a rifle next to a blaser will clear up all misconceptions to ugliness Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

clap

Maybe a picture of your beauty of a rifle next to a blaser will clear up all misconceptions to ugliness Big Grin

Mike

My ugly rifle is just a basic CZ with an ugly paint job. A tool for hunting. Capable of putting a bullet into the boiler room of a buffalo with open sights at normal DG hunting ranges. Nothing more or less. No claims of sub caliber group accuracy.

homer

That rifle was conceived out of inexperience with fine weapons. I was probably still ruining good Tennessee bourbon with Coke-a-Cola over ice back then. Long prior to developing a taste for single malt scotch with a dab of water to open the flavor.

Whistling

You might have a point if I was displaying Blaser type FanBoy behavior, constantly gushing over it like a giddy school girl at a Beyonce concert!

BOOM

clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

clap

Mike

My ugly rifle is just a basic CZ with an ugly paint job. A tool for hunting. Capable of putting a bullet into the boiler room of a buffalo with open sights at normal DG hunting ranges. Nothing more or less. No claims of sub caliber group accuracy.

homer

That rifle was conceived out of inexperience with fine weapons. I was probably still ruining good Tennessee bourbon with Coke-a-Cola over ice back then. Long prior to developing a taste for single malt scotch with a dab of water to open the flavor.

Whistling

You might have a point if I was displaying Blaser type FanBoy behavior, constantly gushing over it like a giddy school girl at a Beyonce concert!

BOOM

clap

Beyonce would definitely use a blaser - probably most likely a high end carbon fiber one.

Your rifle would have only one user - Rosie O’Donnell jumping

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

clap

Mike

homer

Whistling

BOOM

clap

Beyonce would definitely use a blaser - probably most likely a high end carbon fiber one.

Mike

Interesting you'd bring up Rosie, Mike, since back in the day I used the Rosie O'Donnell photo of her dolled up with make up and a nice clothes to demonstrate the effect one of those Blasers with the nice wood has. I think you are guilty of stealing my ideas and trying to turn them back on me. Click this link for my postings on the O'Donnell / Blaser connections.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...121092212#4121092212

My old CZ is more like Charlize Theron made up to look hideous in the movie "Monster". Take the make up off and ... well, you get the idea!

Wink

clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

clap

Mike

homer

Whistling

BOOM

clap

Mike

Interesting you'd bring up Rosie, Mike, since back in the day I used the Rosie O'Donnell photo of her dolled up with make up and a nice clothes to demonstrate the effect one of those Blasers with the nice wood has. I think you are guilty of stealing my ideas and trying to turn them back on me. Click this link for my postings on the O'Donnell / Blaser connections.

My old CZ is more like Charlize Theron made up to look hideous in the movie "Monster". Take the make up off and ... well, you get the idea!

Wink

clap

I will lend you my blaser to shoot so you can get over your irrational fears. The trigger just dispatched a bush pig and kudu this week.

Rosie will only get fatter and meaner with time. Don’t hate blaser just shoot one and you will become a fan boy too.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

clap

Mike

homer

Whistling

BOOM

clap

Mike

Wink

clap

I will lend you my blaser to shoot so you can get over your irrational fears. The trigger just dispatched a bush pig and kudu this week.

Rosie will only get fatter and meaner with time. Don’t hate blaser just shoot one and you will become a fan boy too.

Mike

I can apply that old saying to Rossie - if you don't like her face, turn her upside down.

Cannot say the same about that bloody contraption you are in love with though.

The more I see it, the less I like it! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

clap

Mike

homer

Whistling

BOOM

clap

Mike

Wink

clap

I will lend you my blaser to shoot so you can get over your irrational fears. The trigger just dispatched

a bush pig and kudu this week.

Mike

I can apply that old saying to Rossie - if you don't like her face, turn her upside down.

Cannot say the same about that bloody contraption you are in love with though.

The more I see it, the less I like it! rotflmo

Same offfer for you Saeed. Shoot my gun and be converted Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I’m not a fan of Blasers. See what happens when you mention them, everyone gets all worked up, arguing about Blasers and everyone forgets about the scantily clad niece.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
I’m not a fan of Blasers. See what happens when you mention them, everyone gets all worked up, arguing about Blasers and everyone forgets about the scantily clad niece.

Not my fault ar is full of good honest faithful married men who might be luddities and old curmudgeons but their focus is hatred of blasers and not young nieces Big Grin

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think some blokes here would prefer the tried and proven 70 year old grandmother to the young niece actually.

Wilbur Smith

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think some blokes here would prefer the tried and proven 70 year old grandmother to the young niece actually.

I think some of you Blaser Fanboys would prefer the obnoxious client to the young niece!

sofa

clap

Administrator
posted Hide Post
As we are getting into those discussions now - what does one expect from Blaser owners.

Us normal people like normal females.

Blaser owners prefer “gender fluid” partners! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Blaser owners prefer “gender fluid” partners!

Transgenders are the "IN" thing at the moment. Big Grin

Back in my day we just called them transvestites.

Posts: 2036 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

Yes it was you old curmudgeon - a Blaser is wasted on the Luddites and old curmudgeons Big Grin

I am surprised you guys evolved away from muzzleloaders Wink

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

Yes it was you old curmudgeon - a Blaser is wasted on the Luddites and old curmudgeons Big Grin

I am surprised you guys evolved away from muzzleloaders Wink

Mike

After Winchester made the Model 70...every thing since has been a waste of time in regards to a hunting rifle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37811 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote