posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
Blaser owners prefer “gender fluid” partners!

Transgenders are the "IN" thing at the moment. Big Grin

Back in my day we just called them transvestites.

Yes it was you old curmudgeon - a Blaser is wasted on the Luddites and old curmudgeons Big Grin

I am surprised you guys evolved away from muzzleloaders Wink

Mike

After Winchester made the Model 70...every thing since has been a waste of time in regards to a hunting rifle.

Another Luddite joins the blaser hating party Cool

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
No luddite but am a card carrying member of the KISS Hunting Philosophy. I did put a Swarovski Z6i on my leopard rifle for this summer.

But as to rifles...still going to rely on my M70 and my break action double for ele, leopard, & the etc etc game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37811 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Mike keeps forgetting that I have several Blasers.

I do not like any of them!

I like REAL rifles! jumping

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

I know you sneak off at night, turn off all internet connections and shoot the blasers as they are the best rifles in the world Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Right on, Mike.

I like Fords and Chevys, too.

Nothing against them at all.

But I don't seem to own one right now. Cool Big Grin Cool

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I know you sneak off at night, turn off all internet connections and shoot the blasers as they are the best rifles in the world Big Grin

Mike

Mike,

I am so old fashioned, I believe if one wants the best, he should make it himself!

That is why I designed my own wildcat, built my own rifle, make my own bullets.

I delegated the making of gun powder to my cousin Maktoum and Walter, and the results convinced me to keep to commercially available powders!

There was plenty of small blow ups, scorched skins and burnt hair!

It did not improve their looks though! rotflmo

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
Blaser owners prefer “gender fluid” partners!

Transgenders are the "IN" thing at the moment. Big Grin

Back in my day we just called them transvestites.

Yes it was you old curmudgeon - a Blaser is wasted on the Luddites and old curmudgeons Big Grin

I am surprised you guys evolved away from muzzleloaders Wink

Mike

After Winchester made the Model 70...every thing since has been a waste of time in regards to a hunting rifle.

Yeah I had one of them. Not a bad rifle but nothing special either. Sold it and bought a Sako 75 deluxe which is better in a number of ways.

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some Blaser owners seem to be able to kill things with them.
https://youtu.be/ICHX9VVO0Sc

https://imgur.com/a/C6XjBuz

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

Mike,

I am so old fashioned, I believe if one wants the best, he should make it himself!

That is why I designed my own wildcat, built my own rifle, make my own bullets.

I delegated the making of gun powder to my cousin Maktoum and Walter, and the results convinced me to keep to commercially available powders!

There was plenty of small blow ups, scorched skins and burnt hair!

It did not improve their looks though! rotflmo

I just buy the best commercial product available - blaser rifles Big Grin

Maktoum and Walter seem like my kind of guys - making gun powder seems like fun. Worst case free fireworks Wink

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So is Maktoum becoming Walter’s understudy?

Jeez, seeing him in the hunting videos, I thought he had more sense than that!

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blazers - well they are all the rage in the U.K. got be impressed with how they developed into a pre eminent brand with a big presence. They work. Easy to use and accurate. And easily fitted with a moderator and still compact.

But they have no soul. A well built proper rifle, especially Mauser auctioned is a sensual thing. So is a well made double.

Blazers feel like a military weapon system. A Glock is a good weapon system - easy to use and gets bullets on target with minimal training and maintenance.

But A Heym, Sako, Mauser, Rigby, cZ, Brno, Tikka, Remington etc feel like Sporting Rifles. I can live with a synthetic stock (well not really but will tolerate it on A budget rifle but on a £4,000 rifle I want metal internals on the magazine / trigger system, and when I push the safety forward I don’t want to feel plastic (ok polymer) moving against plastic and I don’t want be pushing a plastic firing system.

Posts: 985 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

I am not really sure who is leading who with these two.

Walter tends to have rather different effects on people.

He was with my brother shooting arrows.

Somehow they decided to see how high would the arrow go.

They fired one straight up, it disappeared!

Suddenly, they realized what would happen soon.

The screamed “OH SHIT!” And ran for cover!

The arrow came down almost where they were standing!

They could not waste any time calling me to tell me about it! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym SR20:
Blazers - well they are all the rage in the U.K. got be impressed with how they developed into a pre eminent brand with a big presence. They work. Easy to use and accurate. And easily fitted with a moderator and still compact.

But they have no soul. A well built proper rifle, especially Mauser auctioned is a sensual thing. So is a well made double.

Blazers feel like a military weapon system. A Glock is a good weapon system - easy to use and gets bullets on target with minimal training and maintenance.

But A Heym, Sako, Mauser, Rigby, cZ, Brno, Tikka, Remington etc feel like Sporting Rifles. I can live with a synthetic stock (well not really but will tolerate it on A budget rifle but on a £4,000 rifle I want metal internals on the magazine / trigger system, and when I push the safety forward I don’t want to feel plastic (ok polymer) moving against plastic and I don’t want be pushing a plastic firing system.

The very high end models have non plastic firing mechanisms/magazine. The insert will always be plastic.

Blaser makes very high end R8 rifles - they don’t appeal to me. I want a functioning tool even if it costs $4k.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

I am not really sure who is leading who with these two.

Walter tends to have rather different effects on people.

He was with my brother shooting arrows.

Somehow they decided to see how high would the arrow go.

They fired one straight up, it disappeared!

Suddenly, they realized what would happen soon.

The screamed “OH SHIT!” And ran for cover!

The arrow came down almost where they were standing!

They could not waste any time calling me to tell me about it! rotflmo

This is bad - glad no blasers involved (although they would be super fast for throwing up some lead)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IJEO3rmefmI

From Saudi where they have probably banned blasers Big Grin

Mike