THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    String jump video on impala

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

String jump video on impala
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted
Thought you guys would like to see a good example on how fast an impala reacts to the noise of string.

Stringjump.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, the only time I ever shot my bow at an impala, it jumped even worse than that! At 20 yards I was holding in the lower third of his body, but when I released, the arrow flew just barely over his back!

Those impala make whitetail look like they're walking around in a fog...

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Did they recovered this critter? Looks like a hit just under the backbone.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Yes the impala was recovered and range was around 23 yards to the shot.

Just thought I post this to show newbies.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote