Founder Pope & Young Club.
Master Bowyer.
Bowhunter Etraordinaire.
One of many obits.

Posts: 176 | Location: Earth | Registered: 18 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
I remember him being with Fred Bear on several great hunting trips that were decribed in books and magazine articles in the 50's and 60's.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suspect that a lot of bowhunters that started out in the compound years have no idea who Glenn St. Charles is or what they owe to him and some of the other pioneers of modern bowhunting. I'm sure they all know about the P&Y club, but not who started it and why it was started which has nothing to do with what it has become today. I was just digging through my stock of goodies the other day and came across a bunch of stuff Glenn gave me. I met him and his wife Margaret over 20 years ago and later sent him a letter, I wanted to make a "Glenn St. Charles" knife for a donation to a bowhunter organization and wondered if he could supply me with something to use as handle material and a copy of his signature that I could etch into the blade. I got a call late on a Sunday night, I picked up the phone and heard, "hi Rick, this is Margaret, Glenn wants to talk to you", we talked for about two hours and he sent me a shoebox full of stuff, plus 22 signatures!

Posts: 421 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
We lost another bowhunting pioneer... may he have many fine stalks in the afterlife !
Andy

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Very sad to read of the passing of a true giant in the hunting world. What a full and glorious life he led.

Posts: 3857 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Met Glenn and his son at the Michigan longbow shoot, back in the early 90's. Great guy to listen to, around the campfire. May he RIP.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
RIP

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 926 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote