Notify
Tools

Global Entry revoked
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Mine was just revoked with no real reason given other than I "didn't qualify."

Has this happened to anyone else?

Posts: 11902 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Not at this time.

I plan to use it when I go on my fishing trip to British Columbia in July.

Still looking at some item for an African trip later this year.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1558 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Just renewed this week with no issues.

Mike

Posts: 21051 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry do you think somewhere you traveled might have been blacklisted? I was denied a renewal,
because I was randomly picked for a interview. Covid hit and I went without a interview for almost 2 years, finally got finished a couple of months ago and have got a new card.I would think it has to do something with previous travel, hope it works out

Posts: 558 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry, it happened to me last year. No explanation, just "Revoked". This was after submitting renewal info. Nothing had changed for me.

I cut back on air travel, no international, so it didn't hurt me too badly. I do plan to look into it sometime this Spring.

Very frustrating as no reason given after having it for 5 years.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbogobutch:
Larry do you think somewhere you traveled might have been blacklisted? I was denied a renewal,
because I was randomly picked for a interview. Covid hit and I went without a interview for almost 2 years, finally got finished a couple of months ago and have got a new card.I would think it has to do something with previous travel, hope it works out

Tajikistan and Pakistan. Maybe .

Posts: 11902 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it was me, I'd appeal it.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1093 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

I’m betting that’s where the problem is, coupled with traveling with a gun.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13095 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes. The interview agent was a PETA member. After that for a while I was stopped at entry points and asked if I had animal parts in my luggage and got searched every time.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I just renewed and it required an “interview.” There were no appointments available at SAT and I had the drive to Laredo. The Interview was a new photo.

Posts: 745 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doubt traveling to Pakistan and Tajikistan with a firearm would cause revocation. Husband has done both, I have had numerous clients hunting Pakistan on several occasions and the other "stan" countries with no revocation issues.

Hope you find out the cause of your revocation.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9339 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
It has not happened to me.

I have never been interviewed, either.

Seems a better explanation is in order.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13306 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
I signed up for Global entry.

Then got a wild hair and being on a border state, I signed up my vehicle. Well, that is good for just me traveling by myself. So if the wife or someone else is along with me, I am stuck in the long lines.

So have been interview 2 times, and I have had my vehicle inspected one time. I am up for renewal next year.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1558 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
I knew that I have read this before as I belong to "The Points Guy"

5 reasons your Global Entry can be revoked

Melanie Lieberman Jun 20, 2020

Years ago, upon returning from a trip to Spain, I decided to try Global Entry enrollment on arrival. After a brief interview, the border patrol agent approved me for the trusted traveler program, and immediately launched into a litany of ways my newly-earned status could be revoked.

Among them? Improperly declaring produce — even accidentally.

“If you say you’re not declaring anything, and they find an apple in your bag, you can lose your Global Entry,” he explained by way of example.

Before moving through customs, I promptly searched my carry-on for any rogue produce I had forgotten about.

“Global Entry members are low-risk international travelers who have met all of the eligibility requirements for membership,” a spokesperson from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) told The Points Guy. “If at any time they no longer meet the eligibility requirements, their membership will be revoked.”

In addition to violating customs regulations by mistakenly smuggling snacks across the United States border (which can land you with a hefty fine, as well as jeopardizing your Global Entry membership), Global Entry members can become ineligible for becoming the subject of an investigation or being convicted of any criminal offense, such as driving under the influence, among others.

According to the border patrol agent who deemed me eligible, membership status can also be revoked for improperly using Global Entry at the airport.

Bringing non-Global Entry travel companions — be they friends, spouses or children — to use the designated Global Entry kiosk and lanes, for example, can have you booted from the trusted traveler program.

You can also lose your privileges by abusing land crossings. If you’re using your Global Entry card to enter the U.S. by way of an expedited travel lane, the other people in the vehicle better have Global Entry status, too.

What happens if you lose your Global Entry?

Of course, it’s always best to stay firmly on the good side of Customs and Border Protection agents. But sometimes, things happen and mistakes are made.

“In the event an applicant … has his or her membership revoked, that person will receive a written response detailing the reason for the action,” the spokesperson added. Still, TPG has heard of travelers having their Global Entry revoked with no explanation or even notice. One reader said she only found out when she went online to check her expiration date.

Fortunately, you can always argue your case with the designated CBP Trusted Traveler Ombudsman for reconsideration, and “a member who has had their membership revoked can reapply,” the CBP representative confirmed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:

My suggestion it to look over your past traveling trips and see if anything stands out. Who you traveled with and what you declared on entry.

I have an app on my I phone that I have filled out when I enter the country from abroad.

from checking it appears that the sooner you can schedule a meeting with a CBP office the better. I do know that they only have limited hours that they do interviews at my office, I probably is the same at other locations.

you have been traveling a bit lately with your wife, does she have global entry? I am thinking that this is could be the chip in your travel issues.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
<Mine expired in 2020 and I could not get the online renewal to work. I tried for three months and called them and they told me that they were having personnel issues and could not get the program to work. Two months later they emailed me that the application software was working again but by then it was to late and I needed to go in for another interview. The nearest interview sites are over two hours away.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12500 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
I knew that I have read this before as I belong to "The Points Guy"

5 reasons your Global Entry can be revoked

Melanie Lieberman Jun 20, 2020

Years ago, upon returning from a trip to Spain, I decided to try Global Entry enrollment on arrival. After a brief interview, the border patrol agent approved me for the trusted traveler program, and immediately launched into a litany of ways my newly-earned status could be revoked.

Among them? Improperly declaring produce — even accidentally.

“If you say you’re not declaring anything, and they find an apple in your bag, you can lose your Global Entry,” he explained by way of example.

Before moving through customs, I promptly searched my carry-on for any rogue produce I had forgotten about.

“Global Entry members are low-risk international travelers who have met all of the eligibility requirements for membership,” a spokesperson from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) told The Points Guy. “If at any time they no longer meet the eligibility requirements, their membership will be revoked.”

In addition to violating customs regulations by mistakenly smuggling snacks across the United States border (which can land you with a hefty fine, as well as jeopardizing your Global Entry membership), Global Entry members can become ineligible for becoming the subject of an investigation or being convicted of any criminal offense, such as driving under the influence, among others.

According to the border patrol agent who deemed me eligible, membership status can also be revoked for improperly using Global Entry at the airport.

Bringing non-Global Entry travel companions — be they friends, spouses or children — to use the designated Global Entry kiosk and lanes, for example, can have you booted from the trusted traveler program.

You can also lose your privileges by abusing land crossings. If you’re using your Global Entry card to enter the U.S. by way of an expedited travel lane, the other people in the vehicle better have Global Entry status, too.

What happens if you lose your Global Entry?

Of course, it’s always best to stay firmly on the good side of Customs and Border Protection agents. But sometimes, things happen and mistakes are made.

“In the event an applicant … has his or her membership revoked, that person will receive a written response detailing the reason for the action,” the spokesperson added. Still, TPG has heard of travelers having their Global Entry revoked with no explanation or even notice. One reader said she only found out when she went online to check her expiration date.

Fortunately, you can always argue your case with the designated CBP Trusted Traveler Ombudsman for reconsideration, and “a member who has had their membership revoked can reapply,” the CBP representative confirmed.

I am squeaky clean. No issues anywhere , ever!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
You need to appeal this. I had it denied once for an issue dealing with the importation of some of my trophies and a mistake made by not me, but the customs broker. I appealed to the Ombudsman, with all of the documentation that I could provide and a detailed explanation of the events surrounding the importation issue. Just recently I renewed again and was worried about a potential denial as based upon the importation issue. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my renewal had been granted and that no in person interview was required. I would appeal it Larry. You are entitled to full information on the denial and hopefully you will be able to correct it.

One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
Mine was renewed a few weeks ago without an in-person interview.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 632 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
You need to appeal this. I had it denied once for an issue dealing with the importation of some of my trophies and a mistake made by not me, but the customs broker. I appealed to the Ombudsman, with all of the documentation that I could provide and a detailed explanation of the events surrounding the importation issue. Just recently I renewed again and was worried about a potential denial as based upon the importation issue. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my renewal had been granted and that no in person interview was required. I would appeal it Larry. You are entitled to full information on the denial and hopefully you will be able to correct it.

I am working on it . The problem is talking to any one . Yesterday, I waited on hold for 90 minutes only to be told that they had no info on why the revocation was issued and the inky thing I could do was reapply.

I spent 90 minutes at TSA this morning . Could not speak with anyone .

I have retained a lawyer.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am working on it . The problem is talking to any one . Yesterday, I waited on hold for 90 minutes only to be told that they had no info on why the revocation was issued and the inky thing I could do was reapply.

Larry,

The only way a TSA agent would make time to talk was that I had to go on line and make an appointment. My suggestion is to try making an appointment on line.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
quote:
quote:

Larry,

The only way a TSA agent would make time to talk was that I had to go on line and make an appointment. My suggestion is to try making an appointment on line.

I am going to try .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry: Good luck my friend and please keep us updated on the outcome. We are very interested in finding out what happened and what is going on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked at length with an agent over the phone . While he could not give me a reason why the revocation happened , he was able to give me some general information. Perhaps more importantly, he was able to give me some ideas for the appeal. One was rather obvious but my dumb ass never thought about it . The fact that I have a concealed weapons permit is very important. I had to go through a background check to get the permit.

I have a Washington based lawyer retained. A high ranking Congressman is making inquiries.

I am hopeful and annoyed.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Never had this Global entry and getting through customs was and always seems to be non issue and fast

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve thought about getting it, as the expedited entry would be nice, but for 1-2 international trips a year, I’m not sure it would really be a net time saver given the interview, etc.

And if getting background checks gets it pulled, I’d be screwed as with work and all I have at least 4-5 a year.

Posts: 10460 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Never had this Global entry and getting through customs was and always seems to be non issue and fast

Same here. Of course, I don’t take rifle either.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13095 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I’ve got to follow up on my renewal. It definitely helps, but mine didn’t work for me initially because of a data error. I got it fixed with a new card and boom! The coronavirus hits…

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3426 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The fact that I have a concealed weapons permit is very important. I had to go through a background check to get the permit.

Larry: I too, have concealed weapons permits for Nevada, Utah and Florida(which also covers a myriad of other states) and had a background check last fall for the Utah permit just before my renewal. I can't possibly see how that would affect your Global Entry renewal. If anything, you would think that it would enhance it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The fact that I have a concealed weapons permit is very important. I had to go through a background check to get the permit.

Larry: I too, have concealed weapons permits for Nevada, Utah and Florida(which also covers a myriad of other states) and had a background check last fall for the Utah permit just before my renewal. I can't possibly see how that would affect your Global Entry renewal. If anything, you would think that it would enhance it.

I think the agents point is that to get a CWP, I had to go through an extensive background check by law enforcement. If I had a problem, a CWP would not have been issued.

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
PM sent

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
My Golobal Entry doesn't expire until next December however having read some tales of woe about the renewal process I looked up the renewal website, filled out all the info and submitted the renewal application Monday. This morning (Wednesday) I got an email that said there was a change in my application status. Fearing the worst I logged into the appropriate website only to see a note pop up that my renewal was approved and my new expiration date was in December 2027. I guess that's what clean living and incredible luck will do for one.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the agents point is that to get a CWP, I had to go through an extensive background check by law enforcement. If I had a problem, a CWP would not have been issued.

Exactly! So, the agent's point has NO VALIDITY AT ALL, because if you had been denied your CWP due to the background check, it follows that the Global Entry would likely have been denied as well. Your CWP was NOT denied. Something smells here.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I didn’t get a chance to follow up on my renewal application, but received an approval email earlier.

I also have LTC (license to carry in Texas), but also had that upon my initial application.

Larry, something is definitely wrong.

For those who have renewed, do they automatically send a new card? Upon clicking “request new card,” it says only for lost/stolen cards. Do they automatically send a new card with updated expiration?

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
DCS Member....
I had the same question regarding a new card. I sent the question to the CBP help line and received an answer within 24 hours. Yes they will automtically send you a new card when you are approved for renewal.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stubbleduck47:
DCS Member....
I had the same question regarding a new card. I sent the question to the CBP help line and received an answer within 24 hours. Yes they will automtically send you a new card when you are approved for renewal.

Stubble,

Thanks for the clarification, as it was very vague on my phone.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stubbleduck47:
DCS Member....

I automatically received my card a week or two after my application status changed to approved. The wife is still trying to get hers renewed. She had an issue with hers initially. She didn't declare a small bag of chips (crisps) but did tell the agent about them and ask if she could keep them. Because she had not initially declared them it went on her record as a violation.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 632 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I automatically received my card a week or two after my application status changed to approved. The wife is still trying to get hers renewed. She had an issue with hers initially. She didn't declare a small bag of chips (crisps) but did tell the agent about them and ask if she could keep them. Because she had not initially declared them it went on her record as a violation.

I think you are on to something with the failure to declare having something to do with it. CBP officer at DFW tried to claim a violation on my wife for not declaring my ammunition in a shared bag. When asked why she didn't declare it she replied that it wasn't hers that it belonged to her husband and that she was asked if she had anything to declare. After a moment the officer said that "technically" she was right. I did declare the ammo Wink

Karl Evans

Posts: 2709 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:

I think you are on to something with the failure to declare having something to do with it. CBP officer at DFW tried to claim a violation on my wife for not declaring my ammunition in a shared bag. When asked why she didn't declare it she replied that it wasn't hers that it belonged to her husband and that she was asked if she had anything to declare. After a moment the officer said that "technically" she was right. I did declare the ammo Wink

Karl,

I am not sure about that. I have Global Entry and my wife does not. We were traveling as a couple (as we have filled out our paperwork before) and the last time we came through customs the customs agent put us both in the global passport entry line, his reasoning was we were traveling as a couple. I used my hand print and she used her passport and We went right through with no issues, I had the Mobile Pass declaration filled out on my I phone and my wife did not have to present her paper copy, we went right through.

Again it depends on who you run into while clearing customs.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I was out of the country when mine expired (supposed to be gone 2 months, was gone for a year). Due to COVID, I had to wait over a year before my interview. The only time the agent raised an eyebrow was when I told him I had traveled to Afghanistan and it was not US government/contractor related. I my renewal was approved. I doubt any of the Stans were your issue. Best of luck.

Posts: 182 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: 12 April 2008Reply With Quote