New
Find
Notify
Tools

In search of a better homepage...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How do I change my start-up page to something else? I have Yahoo! right now, and it has a bunch of icons for facebook, twitter, et cetera on the left side. I continually drag the cursor over these things, and I get pop-ups for these sites that I have to X out of to get away from them. Very annoying! I want a page with a bit of news stories on it for a quick hit of news before the serious websurfin' begins. What do y'all like to use as a homepage? And how do I change to a new one?

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://news.bbc.co.uk/

is mine,

on most websites there is a "make this your home page" button.
or on MSN Explorer to set it, find "tools" menu then "internet Options"

Type in the new link in the box.

then hit "apply" at the bottom.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Yahoo lets you design your own pages. Just about everything can be removed, moved, or put on a different page of Yahoo.

Yahoo homepage lets me glance at 50 or so up-to the minute stock prices, the local weather, the news, some conservative commentators,sports, international news, and Forex prices. the Yahoo mail is excellent, having its own virus detector. Nothing about Facebook or twitter.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
You can get the old Yahoo home page here:

http://209.131.36.158/

Of course I can't say it will stay forever.

Go into your options or preferences to change your home page.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote