ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Crooks, fakes and illegal operators will not be allowed to use AR to advertise and promote their illegal activities.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
I have posted in the past why Mark is branching out.
In a week he will be in Alaska for a month or more guiding for grizzly and moose.

Cheers my angry mate.
Cal

This has been quite the long little dustup.
I have met and talked with Mark at SCI a number of times. He can be quite charming.
And I am aware of many of his allegations and charges against him by numerous African PH's.

But I am curious about the claim of his guiding in Alaska ? Does he have an Alaskan guide license and who did he work for to earn it and who signed him off ?
I was aware that he hunted and killed a small bear on the peninsula, but that was for his own hunt . I know that as he talked with my daughter right afterwards.
Cal, can you shed any light on your story about his guiding in Alaska ?

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4196 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Popcorn ready. Seems odd off he is not licensed ?

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Phil:
PM sent.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Phil:
PM sent.
Cal

Why a PM?

Answer him here.

He is American, so I presume he can get his license.

Or is he continuing what he started in South Africa?

Operating illegally??

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I looked at the APHA yesterday and didn't see his name listed under Master Guides, Registered Guides or Assistant Guides. There apparently is a list that the State of Alaska has of all guides that can be purchased for $5.00.

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I would be surprised if Mark had any level of a guide license, or was in any way serving in the capacity as a guide. Especially since he reportedly killed a bear, which is illegal when under contract as a guide.
The only way a guide can kill an animal is after the client has wounded it and the guide is convinced it is likely to get away. Guides are then actually required under state regulations to use any legal means at their disposal to stop it.

I am guessing that Cal either misunderstood Mark, or Mark was under the impression he might be able to guide himself.
Which would be illegal.
I did hear he killed a bear on a guided hunt and know the guide he was with has a legal hunting area.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Heym 450/400:
I understood exactly what the arrangement was before and after his hunt report. The confusion must have something to do with tantrums and spite. coffee

Come over to my country, and pull this sort of illegal trick, and see where you end up.

How's the food in a Dubai jail?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:
I do not see how this hunt was illegal. However, under the assumption that MS was paid a fee by someone for services rendered in the RSA, there is a valid question as to whether MS was acting legally. In other words, was he authorized to work in the RSA?

What constitutes "Pay"?????

Seriously, if someone gives Sullivan a tip, is that "Pay"???

Is providing him a place to stay along with meals/drinks/transportation during a hunt, "Pay"?

Not being difficult or obtuse, and I am sure laws are different in Africa than America but what is classed as pay/wages and what isn't?

See bolded -----

If so than Joyce was paid by Andrew on our hunt in Zambia.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by drongo:
Awe! Saaed, tell us how you really feel!

Given the first two misses I would say that Cal was over-gunned! Shot placement, shot placement and shot placement!

I have never been able to shoot quick shots (snap shooting) with a heavy rifle--the .600 weighs 16 pounds. I always seem to leave too much front bead in the rear V and shoot high. Each of my shots here went over the buffalo. He was not wounded.

To avoid the predicted negative comments I could have opted not to show the shots. But I thought the film should show my entire experience. When hit right the buff fell quickly.

I acknowledge a .600 is not now, and never has been, necessary for any hunting. I just use one now because this old retired school teacher is fortunate to own one. I would love to take each double I own on an African safari but that is impossible.
Cheers, gents.
Cal

Thank you Cal.

There you have it.

If anyone had any doubts before, they are gone now.

Two of the worlds biggest advocates of BIGGER IS BETTER come together to open your eyes on buffalo hunting.

A buffalo hunter's intelligence is inversely proportional to the size of the barrel of the gun he uses.

This can reach incredible levels, to the extent that an individual's intelligence peaks at him actually talking to the buffalo, and politely asking them on how they wish to die!

There is a very effective vaccination for this.

Use a .375 rifle, and never look back.

One shot kills, never have to lug a 16 pounds useless piece, and no desire to talk to buffalo.

Just enjoy their steak back at camp. clap

From the late Harry Selby post here on AR

In my opinion you have not only an exceptionally beautiful rifle there but an entirely practical one as well. In my fifty five years of professional hunting my respect for the .375 H&H cartridge has increased each time I saw it used. In my opinion the greatest cartridge ever developed. I would prefer to see a visiting hunter arrive for his safari with such a rifle than with a double of any caliber. Good luck on your hunt.

Harry Selby.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by drongo:
Awe! Saaed, tell us how you really feel!

Given the first two misses I would say that Cal was over-gunned! Shot placement, shot placement and shot placement!

I have never been able to shoot quick shots (snap shooting) with a heavy rifle--the .600 weighs 16 pounds. I always seem to leave too much front bead in the rear V and shoot high. Each of my shots here went over the buffalo. He was not wounded.

To avoid the predicted negative comments I could have opted not to show the shots. But I thought the film should show my entire experience. When hit right the buff fell quickly.

I acknowledge a .600 is not now, and never has been, necessary for any hunting. I just use one now because this old retired school teacher is fortunate to own one. I would love to take each double I own on an African safari but that is impossible.
Cheers, gents.
Cal

Thank you Cal.

There you have it.

If anyone had any doubts before, they are gone now.

Two of the worlds biggest advocates of BIGGER IS BETTER come together to open your eyes on buffalo hunting.

A buffalo hunter's intelligence is inversely proportional to the size of the barrel of the gun he uses.

This can reach incredible levels, to the extent that an individual's intelligence peaks at him actually talking to the buffalo, and politely asking them on how they wish to die!

There is a very effective vaccination for this.

Use a .375 rifle, and never look back.

One shot kills, never have to lug a 16 pounds useless piece, and no desire to talk to buffalo.

Just enjoy their steak back at camp. clap

From the late Harry Selby post here on AR

In my opinion you have not only an exceptionally beautiful rifle there but an entirely practical one as well. In my fifty five years of professional hunting my respect for the .375 H&H cartridge has increased each time I saw it used. In my opinion the greatest cartridge ever developed. I would prefer to see a visiting hunter arrive for his safari with such a rifle than with a double of any caliber. Good luck on your hunt.

Harry Selby.

And the saga of more questions arising from Mark Sullivan's behavior continue.

FACT. No visitor to any country is permitted to work in that country PAID or UNPAID, if he does not hold a work permit. This is universal, and I am unaware of any country that deviates from this rule.

FACT. Any visitor to any country CAN work in a job he has obtained a legal permit for.

FACT. One CANNOT be employed in any other capacity except what he is licensed to do.

FACT. One cannot advertise, internationally, that HE is doing a job he is NOT licensed for in another country.

QUESTION. Is it LEGAL for Mark Sullivan to GUIDE clients in Alaska if he does not hold a license to do so, but accompanied by a licensed guide?

QUESTION. Can he LEGALLY advertise that he guiding paying clients in Alaska if he does not hold a guide license?

It would be nice if Cal could answer these questions, instead of digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself and his hero!

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Saeed:
I know you are still angry at my parody of my hunt wiht Mark of two years ago. Get over it, mate. Nothing will change regardless of how much energy and time you spend in your tantrums.

Read 458's post above and that will clarify the issue. I made an error or misunderstanding--simple as that.

However, because I used the word 'guide' you will fix on that and elaborate for the next several pages here. You are very much akin to the leftists on the political forum here who hate Trump so much it defies logic. You have fabricated absolute lies about Mark in your hatred, stated on the forum I was in violation of the Lacey Act, and repeat your angry words so often you sound like ED on the AR's political forum.

Ten pages from now and a couple of hundred more of your posts and things will not change. Mark will still be my friend, he will continue with his successes, I will still enjoy posting here on AR (unless you ban me), you will no doubt make up something else in your effort to destroy Mark, I will still shoot my .600, etc. Why don't you spend your time and energy going after the anti hunters that are winning the battle we all are in.

Cheers, Saeed. When Zimbabwe opens and I spend a night in Dubai how about you and I have peace talks over dinner. Maybe I'll bring along a set of Hatari Times. And, if my parody offended you I am sorry. Let's bury it.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
It is illegal to advertise yourself as a guide in Alaska without a valid guide license. As a few guides who failed to renew their guides license's at the end of the year and then were caught booking clients at SCI discovered .

Alaska has some very strict guide statutes and even renting tents or camping gear that is already in the field is considered guiding.

And on any game that requires a guide, like bears, the guide who is in charge and on contract must be within 100 yards of the hunter when the shot is taken !

I have been in this business for over 40 years and met with Mark a few times and had numerous clients who had hunted with him.
He is very personable, at least at SCI, and probably half of my clients who hunted with him said they had a great hunt. And the other half I will just say were somewhat less than enthusiastic.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
It is illegal to advertise yourself as a guide in Alaska without a valid guide license. As a few guides who failed to renew their guides license's at the end of the year and then were caught booking clients at SCI discovered .

Alaska has some very strict guide statutes and even renting tents or camping gear that is already in the field is considered guiding.

And on any game that requires a guide, like bears, the guide who is in charge and on contract must be within 100 yards of the hunter when the shot is taken !

I have been in this business for over 40 years and met with Mark a few times and had numerous clients who had hunted with him.
He is very personable, at least at SCI, and probably half of my clients who hunted with him said they had a great hunt. And the other half I will just say were somewhat less than enthusiastic.

Thank you.

Prove positive what I have been saying IS true.

One is REQUIRED to hold a license before he advertises his job!

End of story.

Whether it is South Africa or Alaska!

A crook will always be a crook, no matter where he is! clap

Administrator
posted Hide Post

Cal,

Any explanation for this on his web site??

Is he licensed to hunt there??

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Saeed, as I am sure you are aware, there are a lot of people who wish to be involved in "exotic" trophy hunts and get involved as a middle man by some creative version of marketing or booking hunts.
Salesmanship is one thing but Unfortunately many salesmen do a bit more prevaricating than others.

Which is the reasons game departments and guide licensing boards have developed the laws they have.

I know a number of wanna-be guides who book hunts all over the globe and travel with the hunter in some capacity or another. Many times it's fully legal and simply hunting with friends, and even unpaid personal heros, probably qualifies.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cal,

I'm not an expert, but it looks to me as this is a photo of Mark and a brown bear. I'm quite confident Mark bought a hunting license. Of course, it could be another hunter's bear and Mark has a photo taken for memories. Every PH I have hunted with has had pics taken of him with my trophies.

Saeed, I know you have a goal (with a jihadist attitude) to destroy Mark and will dig and dig with the hope you will find something. (You'd make one hell of an archeologist.) I have not looked at Mark's website nor am I a keeper of the details of his life so I can't comment. All I could to is speculate but you seem to have the corner of that market. I know you have to have the last word so fire away. I will try to pass on your further comments as your emotional hatred and jealousy has overcome logic, facts, and clear thought.
Cal
PS. You didn't reply to my suggestion about dinner in Dubai on my next trip to Zimbabwe.

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may be wrong but I seen to recall Mark indicating that he was working at a very low level . Perhaps a packer, I don't recall.

My impression was that he wanted to have a place to send his clients. Alaska and Mexico are the places I recall. he was sending a number of clients to both places.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t know Mark Sullivan if he walked past me. That said, I watched his “highlights” on YouTube today. He’s much too dramatic for me. If he’s not that way, he should fire his production company because he came across as a douchebag.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Cal,

I'm not an expert, but it looks to me as this is a photo of Mark and a brown bear. I'm quite confident Mark bought a hunting license. Of course, it could be another hunter's bear and Mark has a photo taken for memories. Every PH I have hunted with has had pics taken of him with my trophies.

Saeed, I know you have a goal (with a jihadist attitude) to destroy Mark and will dig and dig with the hope you will find something. (You'd make one hell of an archeologist.) I have not looked at Mark's website nor am I a keeper of the details of his life so I can't comment. All I could to is speculate but you seem to have the corner of that market. I know you have to have the last word so fire away. I will try to pass on your further comments as your emotional hatred and jealousy has overcome logic, facts, and clear thought.
Cal
PS. You didn't reply to my suggestion about dinner in Dubai on my next trip to Zimbabwe.

Saeed did not do any digging. I sent him a pm. I don’t care about this thread as I think it is mainly here to pull Saeed’s chain.

I don’t give a fuck about Mark Sullivan other than I think he is fraud. but there is no shortage of frauds out there. Alaska is especially full of frauds guiding or claiming to guide. It is why Alaska troopers showed up the first and last time I hunted Alaska. I will go see bears with grizzly skins or Alaska and do some fishing one of these days - I spoke to Phil at sci and they are Excellent.

I just typed Mark Sullivan Alaska guide in google search. Given the guys at google rank nothing other than $$ first - somebody paid them to rank Mark Sullivan website.

“Then this year (2017) I applied for and got my apprentice guide license in Alaska where I am now guiding for brown bear and moose. This is a real kick-in-the-pants and if you’re one of those guys who needs one of these critters then give me a call. The hunting is fabulous and you know I’ll give you 100% of everything I’ve got.“

https://nitroexpresssafaris.com/

All I can say is the fraud continues.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Mike is certainly correct that frauds in the outfitting and guiding can be found anywhere, and Alaska certainly has more than it's fair share. In part because over the years the requirements to obtain an assistant guides license, ( which allows you to guide clients in the field so long as you are working for a fully registered guide ) have until recently been irregular at best. You used to have had to work for a guide for three years, then that was unfair so they required a written test that was purchased from some outside organization, then any guide, or Fish and game employee, including the secretary and janitor!! Could sign you off as an assistant guide.
Then you had to have had three years of hunting experience in Alaska and killed two legal animals before applying and then be signed off by a guide who planned on hiring you.

Every time I get a new prospective guide anymore I have to look up the requirements. But the state at least now has a big game commercial services board that is trying to give the industry some degree of stability and level of professional competency.

So it is entirely feasible that someone signed Mark off as an assistant guide, and that way Mark can do double duty as a booking agent selling hunts for the registered guide while claiming he will be the guide in the field.

I know people who do that in Kyrgyzstan, Turkey and Tajikistan. It's a cheap way for the local hunting cartel to attract foreign hunters.

I may not agree with Marks hunting style and ethics, but it is more palatable than the guides promoting long range sniping at bears.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I can say is the fraud continues.

You got that right Mike!

Fascinating how things work out.

We have an utter idiot, with no sense of hunting whatsoever, go to Africa for the sole purpose of glorifying himself.

That by itself is nothing strange in hunting.

Just look how SCI managed to make it into a sick competition.

But, Mark Sullivan was different.

He claimed to be the bravest man guiding hunters.

Somehow in his total ignorance he started calling his clients useless bozos who could not hit a barn door from the inside.

He then went on to call every other professional hunter, the real men who have devoted all their lives to hunting, ethically.

He called them wimps.

Cowards.

Have no balls.

All because they objected to his stupid side show to get his moment of fame.

He purposely wounds buffalo, so he can set up all his cameras, and show us all how stupid, incompetent and totally unprofessional he is.

The idiots who hunt with him are no different to him.

As someone send me this message "hunting with Sullivan so he can kill your buffalo is akin to going on holiday and letting the hotel manager screw your wife!"

He is disliked by every single professional hunter in Africa that I have met, or been in contact with.

He got his ass kicked out of Tanzania because no one there would deal with his bullshit any more.

He partnered with like minded crooks in South Africa, and got his crooked, lying agent, to post their hunt offers here - conveniently forgetting to mentioned that the whole bloody operation was illegal.

Cal, with his head stuck up Mark Sullivan's rear end so deep, thought he can come here and pull the wool over AR members eyes by posting a HUNT REPORT WITH MARK SULLIVAN.

Well done, Sean and Cal.

I hope you two learn your bloody lesson that bullshit artists are not going to use AR for their criminal activities.

AR members are a bit more intelligent for the likes of you three.

I have one big fat ZERO respect for anyone who purposely devote their lives to creating lies and trying to make them into facts.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I confess that I only skimmed this thread.

But I don't get either the vituperation or the apologism.

For me, it boils down to the tuning and response of my bullshit detector.

As far as Mark Sullivan is concerned, no tune-up or other adjustment is needed.

Whenever I see his name attached to anything, my bullshit detector starts blaring like a siren, and I run, don't walk, the other way.

YMMV.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13387 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
I confess that I only skimmed this thread.

But I don't get either the vituperation or the apologism.

For me, it boils down to the tuning and response of my bullshit detector.

As far as Mark Sullivan is concerned, no tune-up or other adjustment is needed.

Whenever I see his name attached to anything, my bullshit detector starts blaring like a siren, and I run, don't walk, the other way.

YMMV.

Mike,

It is a well known fact that 99.9% of the human population have the same, well developed bullshit meter, which is very reliable in detecting bullshitters.

The remaining 0.1% of the population are the true bullshitters, and are unable to function as normal human beings, so they spend all their time glorifying themselves, and their elk.

You have heard "birds of a feather, always flock together".

It is very true here too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
now that Cal Worthington did a bunch of crooked things in his business

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Never thought I would see a hunt report run to 11 pages! clap

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, looks like we have a 2nd Political Forum!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hydehunter:
now that Cal Worthington did a bunch of crooked things in his business

You mean Cal and his dog Spot?..

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Or span TWO years.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:

Yes, looks like we have a 2nd Political Forum!

It is becoming that way on this thread.

We have to thank Cal for providing us with so much entertainment.

Posting lies and trying to make us believe them.

If I did not start asking questions he would have tried making us believe that the sun shines out of Mark Sullivan's rear end!

In the PC we have utter, stupid, idiots, worshiping two totally useless political parties.

Here we have two supposedly "men" worshiping a totally useless selfish idiot!

Nothing surprises me any more about hero worship clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have to thank Cal for providing us with so much entertainment.Posting lies and trying to make us believe them.

Dear Saeed,
as I wrote before, thank you for your fantastic forum, your yearly hunting-film-sticks (witch I like), pp.
This is very nice from you.

BUT:
a.)
I think Cal had written some great articles some years ago, in witch he analyses the videos from MS und came to the result, that MS "did not shoot the animals of the clints".
Exept: Real emergency cases.

b.)
As I wrote before:
I had MS two weeks - on two different times - here in my homeland.
We had a great time oudoors, on hunts, shooting, factory, competitions, long evenings, pp.
He is an great guy.

c.)
As I wrote before:
I was not hunting with MS in Africa.
The people I know, was always satisfied.
No one of them says "one bad word".

d.)
I try to hunt allways self-guided (otherwise it is not an hunt for me, just shooting, but this is my personal style, Im not here to judge).
In the cases I have an PH, I make him (friendly, before and polite) clear that "I lead the hunt".
Of course he is there for the law and says, you can shoot or not...
But the rest: Start, way, tracking, watching, stalking..., pp. ... it is up to me.
And I think, no I know, this is the way, MS do it in SA.
A "second PH".
Many PHs (mostly from SA in other countrys) did this also. They come with clints and have an forgein PH there also.

d.II.)
And - gentleman, be realistic please - this is Africa...
Even the politicans, the judges, pp. ...

e.)
You wrote: "The other PHs dont like MS":
The most PHs I know, allway speaking bad against other PHs...
This is common style.

f.)
You wrote: MS is kicked out of SCI, because he shows "killing scenes".
In all the years I was in Reno, Vegas, pp., many other outfitter showed this also...

I wish you all an nice sunday.
(Saeed, please try to take this not personal. I cant understand why you are so full of bad energy, in the "case MS". And I dont think, it is his style, the american-way, his shooting, pp.)

Thank you.
F.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Bockhunter
Thanks for your logical words. I totally slipped in not pointing out your 'e'. PHs do bad mouth other PHs on a regular basis. I don't know why I didn't think of this when I penned my narratives on Mark.

Saeed won't go after you for your words of wisdom. He follows the principals of Eid Mubarak and has respect and tolerance for all.

Cheers and thank you for your kind words.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bockhunter:
quote:
We have to thank Cal for providing us with so much entertainment.Posting lies and trying to make us believe them.

Dear Saeed,
as I wrote before, thank you for your fantastic forum, your yearly hunting-film-sticks (witch I like), pp.
This is very nice from you.

BUT:
a.)
I think Cal had written some great articles some years ago, in witch he analyses the videos from MS und came to the result, that MS "did not shoot the animals of the clints".
Exept: Real emergency cases.

b.)
As I wrote before:
I had MS two weeks - on two different times - here in my homeland.
We had a great time oudoors, on hunts, shooting, factory, competitions, long evenings, pp.
He is an great guy.

c.)
As I wrote before:
I was not hunting with MS in Africa.
The people I know, was always satisfied.
No one of them says "one bad word".

d.)
I try to hunt allways self-guided (otherwise it is not an hunt for me, just shooting, but this is my personal style, Im not here to judge).
In the cases I have an PH, I make him (friendly, before and polite) clear that "I lead the hunt".
Of course he is there for the law and says, you can shoot or not...
But the rest: Start, way, tracking, watching, stalking..., pp. ... it is up to me.
And I think, no I know, this is the way, MS do it in SA.
A "second PH".
Many PHs (mostly from SA in other countrys) did this also. They come with clints and have an forgein PH there also.

d.II.)
And - gentleman, be realistic please - this is Africa...
Even the politicans, the judges, pp. ...

e.)
You wrote: "The other PHs dont like MS":
The most PHs I know, allway speaking bad against other PHs...
This is common style.

f.)
You wrote: MS is kicked out of SCI, because he shows "killing scenes".
In all the years I was in Reno, Vegas, pp., many other outfitter showed this also...

I wish you all an nice sunday.
(Saeed, please try to take this not personal. I cant understand why you are so full of bad energy, in the "case MS". And I dont think, it is his style, the american-way, his shooting, pp.)

Thank you.
F.

Can you please show one one, JUST ONE, professional hunter, American or otherwise, who has gone to Africa, for the sole purpose of self glorification?

Show ONE just one who has gone out of his way, to say that his clients, who pay him, are a bunch of bloody useless idiots who have no business leaving their homes to hunt - choosing him to shoot their buffalo?

Show me ONE who has gone out his way to say that all other professional hunters are nothing but a bunch of cowards.

Show me ONE who is advertised as providing professional hunter services in a country he is NOT legally ALLOWED to do.

Show me ONE who has produced utter sick videos of himself finishing off all the buffalo clients have wounded.

Mark Sullivan is UNIQUE!

I have never heard of anyone who has gathered so much negative publicity due to his own actions.

Actions that are so obviously unprofessional, unethical, and finally ILLEGAL.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
...if you go to the SCI exibition you will find many.
Many "stars" and "Heros" and...

If you lock on youtube, you will find hunderts of videos, in with you can see "charges".
You will find many with "blood" in the titel, pp.

Sorry, but I will dont post here names or links.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bockhunter:
...if you go to the SCI exibition you will find many.
Many "stars" and "Heros" and...

If you lock on youtube, you will find hunderts of videos, in with you can see "charges".
You will find many with "blood" in the titel, pp.

Sorry, but I will dont post here names or links.

You are right.

There are some really sick stuff on Youtube.

But, none of those stupid idiots there posted these here on AR.

Sean posted hunts offers WITH MARK SULLIVAN.

Which as we know turned out to be an utter lie, false advertising, and plainly ILLEGAL.

Cal, who seems to worship Mark Sullivan, decided to back him up and post a "hunt" report here WITH MARK SULLIVAN.

Guided by Mark Sullivan.

Again, both were lies.

One does not "hunt" farm bread, ear tagged buffalo.

Second one cannot post a hunt report with a fake individual who is not legally licensed to perform that service in a foreign country.

Not on AR anyway.

They are of course perfectly free to join the masses of stupidity on Youube.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Bockhunter:
Some things I have learned on AR.
Saeed must have the last word.
Saeed's hatred of Mark knows no ends. South African PHs commented the hunt was legal. An officer of the South Game Department wrote a statement on his letterhead stating the hunt was legal. Nothing matters or is valid.

I posted a parody of my hunt to illustrate the foolishness of the lies told about Mark and Saeed took it to heart. Yes, some of my statements and went too far. So now I am also the target of Saeed's hate and anger. It won't end. Let Saeed have the last word and it will die. Die, that is, until another unsuspecting gent makes a post and that will light the fire under Saeed and he will go on yet again.

For now, Saeed, have the last word and let's let it die.
Cheers,
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
You forgot the most important facts Cal.

Saeed does not like lies.

Saeed does not like bullshit artists.

Saeed does not like fakes.

Saeed will not allow unscrupulous booking agents to offer illegal, fake, hunts on AR.

Saeed will not allow unprofessional, unlicensed idiots to offer hunts on AR.

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saeed will not allow unscrupulous booking agents to offer illegal, fake, hunts on AR.

Saeed, it is your website and most of us genuinely appreciate it and your experiences Thanks
Maybe you should carve those 5 commandments in stone and post it where everyone can see them

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
For now, Saeed, have the last word and let's let it die.

OKAY.
Thank you all, gentleman.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
quote:

Saeed, it is your website and most of us genuinely appreciate it and your experiences Thanks
Maybe you should carve those 5 commandments in stone and post it where everyone can see them

It does not matter where I might post these, there are far too many hypocrites here.

They pick and choose who to brand as a crook, despite the truth smacking them right in the face!

We had a member being screwed out of $70,000 by a crooked booking agent.

He posted his complaints on AR.

Some asked for that thread to be kept at the top of that forum, permanently, to show how crooked Blaire was.

I did not do it.

So they did what they wanted.

They kept bringing it back to the top for years.

I let them, because I have no wish to support crooks, despite the fact of receiving legal threats from both Blaire and his lawyers.

I told them to take a bloody hike!

Funny how that thread seems to have died a natural death as soon as I posted that we should treat all crooks the same.

No matter who they are.

Blaire.

Marks Sullivan, his agent or anyone else involved with him in what is clearly an illegal activity.

I have no idea how many people Blaire cheated.

But it has become very obvious that Mark Sullivan is involved in very shady activities throughout several years, and by the looks of it, he has not stopped.