ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan and PH Johann Biewenga TRUTHFUL PARODY ADDED!!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
Reality is companies send out consultants from a few weeks to a month or more to other countries to assist clients. For such a small duration of time no one bothers with a work permit.

If one really needed a work permit for doing ANY business in a country then the world would stop. By your logic if I send a sales guy to Japan for a presentation he would need a work permit as he is "working".

I agree if one is going to become a resident and work in a country for a long duration they would need the appropriate work permit.

You need to have a close look at "Terms & Conditions" regarding Immigration Laws to any if not most countries whether a Visa is required or not.

The bottom line however expressly states you may not undertake to "work" without the prescribed permit; hell, if you go to the USA on a Tourist Visa, more often than not you get a grilling as to why you want to visit and finally get a stamp that clearly says you may not be allowed to work.

African countries do exactly the same and most are even more bureaucratic when it comes to issuing one.

Short term "assignments" are covered by what is known as a "Business Visa" and is usually valid for a "single entry" duration of 3 months, extendable for a further 3 months but an exit is normally required between the first and second entry.

These business visas are normally issued to persons attending meetings, conducting seminars, installing equipment, etc. etc. and are paid by the sponsors who are normally based abroad.

For a PH to use a Business Visa is not exactly legal though if he's lucky and does it on a "one off" basis, might get away with it though he he will definitely be breaking laws the moment he lays a finger on a firearm.

Food for thought.

Makes sense, as long as you are a normal, law abiding individual.

But, when you are crook, and out of a job due to your own stupidity, and you partner with other crooks, like a booking agent to book hunts for you, and farm owner who does not care about anything but selling his ear tagged cattle to stupid idiots, who basked in the glory of the most unprofessional hunter who has ever guided hunters in Africa, you can do anything illegal you like!

When one sees the advertising Sean has posted, ones mind truly boggles!

I know, we see stupid people worshiping such utter idiots like the Kardashians, but one would have expected HUNTERS to have a bit of common sense. rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Short term "assignments" are covered by what is known as a "Business Visa" and is usually valid for a "single entry" duration of 3 months, extendable for a further 3 months but an exit is normally required between the first and second entry.

These business visas are normally issued to persons attending meetings, conducting seminars, installing equipment, etc. etc. and are paid by the sponsors who are normally based abroad.

For a PH to use a Business Visa is not exactly legal though if he's lucky and does it on a "one off" basis, might get away with it though he he will definitely be breaking laws the moment he lays a finger on a firearm.

Food for thought.

It depends on the country that one is allowing entry. If a country does NOT require a visa at all for citizens of a particular country then usually one does NOT need a business visa either. My employees have declared at customs that they are going in for a month etc. and were never required to have a business visa. A personal example is UK. Still got a 6 month entry stamp when coming in even though I declared I was holding sales training seminars for our automation software for a month.

Now, when I was going to a public boarding school in the UK a long time ago, I did have a different visa and had to register with the local police as a non-resident alien. I think I had a green booklet with my pic in it. The copper came to the school to take my pic.

Now, Brazil which requires everyone to have a visa (at least for USA) we got business visas multiple entry with a duration of 5 years. All we needed was a letter on company letterhead stating the purpose is business along with the fee. No need for a sponsorship statement.

All of the arguments made against this hunt and Mark Sullivan which obviously was a legal hunt (with documented proof) were also made on the original hunt advertisement thread. So, I doubt anyone that went on this series of hunts based on the advertisement here were unsatisfied with their EXPECTATIONS. Reading through no one would confuse this 3 day "celebrity" hunt with a wild Tanzanian cape buffalo hunt that lasts 7-10 days normally.

Basically, people were paying to hang out with Mark Sullivan for 3 days and shoot a domestically raised buffalo. To use Mark Sullivan's own words from his videos in regards to this hunt, "That is killing, not hunting".

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Food for thought.

It depends on the country that one is allowing entry. If a country does NOT require a visa at all for citizens of a particular country then usually one does NOT need a business visa either. My employees have declared at customs that they are going in for a month etc. and were never required to have a business visa. A personal example is UK. Still got a 6 month entry stamp when coming in even though I declared I was holding sales training seminars for our automation software for a month.

Now, when I was going to a public boarding school in the UK a long time ago, I did have a different visa and had to register with the local police as a non-resident alien. I think I had a green booklet with my pic in it. The copper came to the school to take my pic.

Now, Brazil which requires everyone to have a visa (at least for USA) we got business visas multiple entry with a duration of 5 years. All we needed was a letter on company letterhead stating the purpose is business along with the fee. No need for a sponsorship statement.

All of the arguments made against this hunt and Mark Sullivan which obviously was a legal hunt (with documented proof) were also made on the original hunt advertisement thread. So, I doubt anyone that went on this series of hunts based on the advertisement here were unsatisfied with their EXPECTATIONS. Reading through no one would confuse this 3 day "celebrity" hunt with a wild Tanzanian cape buffalo hunt that lasts 7-10 days normally.

Basically, people were paying to hang out with Mark Sullivan for 3 days and shoot a domestically raised buffalo. To use Mark Sullivan's own words from his videos in regards to this hunt, "That is killing, not hunting".

What a load of bloody bullshit!

VISITORS, to any country in the world, whether a visa is required or not, are most definitely NOT allowed to enter ANY employment!

To go as far as actually advertise yourself, and get your criminally like minded agent to do the same, is a criminal offense.

WORLDWIDE!

I have a doctor friend with me right here.

He has a clinic.

And ANY doctor VISITING his clinic from overseas, who consults with patients, is required to get a temporary work permit!

Any doctor on visit visa without a work permit cannot consult with patients!

Keep on dreaming.

Or breaking laws!

Mark Sullivan guiding Cal on a buffalo hunt in South Africa, he is breaking the law!

But, whatever we say, Mark Sullivan has always been a bloody fake!

Now he has become an ILLEGALLY EMPLOYED FAKE!

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Again a straw man argument in regards to Doctor analogy.

Also, the situation is NOT entering employment with an entity.

He is "breaking the law" in YOUR opinion, not in facts. They are using a loophole in RSA in regards to the hunt by having an RSA DG PH present. Whether that is the right thing to do or not is up to the person, but obviously it is not illegal in RSA. Many RSA PHs even said that, and wished them well in the original advertisement thread.

Mark Sullivan being a fake or not again is a matter of opinion. I have never been on a hunt with him and can not say one way or another.

How was your hunt with him? Was he being a fake or are you basing your opinion on hearsay or his videos?

He had a lot of repeat clients in Tanzania and fully booked each year, so he must have been doing something right!!!

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again a straw man argument in regards to Doctor analogy.

Also, the situation is NOT entering employment with an entity.

He is "breaking the law" in YOUR opinion, not in facts. They are using a loophole in RSA in regards to the hunt by having an RSA DG PH present. Whether that is the right thing to do or not is up to the person, but obviously it is not illegal in RSA. Many RSA PHs even said that, and wished them well in the original advertisement thread.

Mark Sullivan being a fake or not again is a matter of opinion. I have never been on a hunt with him and can not say one way or another.

How was your hunt with him? Was he being a fake or are you basing your opinion on hearsay or his videos?

He had a lot of repeat clients in Tanzania and fully booked each year, so he must have been doing something right!!!

We don’t have any silly straw man arguments.

Stating Facts!

Mark Sullivan is conducting hunting safaris in a South Africa without him holding a legal license to do so!

Cal.

Said it.

Sean said it.

Facts prove it.

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
We don’t have any silly straw man arguments.

Stating Facts!

Mark Sullivan is conducting hunting safaris in a South Africa without him holding a legal license to do so!

Cal.

Said it.

Sean said it.

Facts prove it.

The point is they have found a legal loophole for him to do it legally by RSA laws by having an RSA PH accompany them.

Now, I know coming from a totalitarian government background you probably are used to the viewpoint "unless specifically allowed, it is prohibited" mindset. In other places they go by "unless specifically prohibited then it is allowed" mindset. That might have something to do with why you are so outraged at them for using a loophole. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I admire how Saeed has handled this whole episode,the Totalitarian bs he has had to endure,he is a generous man,he provides this forum for anybody,the facts speak for themselves,I admire his patience & tenacity to wade through the bs thrown at him,if he was of the mindset as you suggest?there would be a whole lot less people allowed on here,it's about the ethics of hunting & fairplay,this site is not about profit,I for one am grateful for this site,if you can watch even one video of Ms,if you can stomach it?you will understand why Saeed & a lot of us feel utter disgust for Ms,if you dont understand that?you have my sympathies thumbdown

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:
I admire how Saeed has handled this whole episode,the Totalitarian bs he has had to endure,he is a generous man,he provides this forum for anybody,the facts speak for themselves,I admire his patience & tenacity to wade through the bs thrown at him,if he was of the mindset as you suggest?there would be a whole lot less people allowed on here,it's about the ethics of hunting & fairplay,this site is not about profit,I for one am grateful for this site,if you can watch even one video of Ms,if you can stomach it?you will understand why Saeed & a lot of us feel utter disgust for Ms,if you dont understand that?you have my sympathies thumbdown

For the record, I did not call him a totalitarian just the government he was raised under and that does mold one's approach and viewpoint to life. That is why a lot of immigrants to the USA are all for gun control as that is what they are used to. The 2nd Amendment is an anathema to them.

In regards to MS videos, that is not what we are discussing. Yes, I have seen them and I look at it as showmanship schtick and persona. I don't have a dog in the fight except for fairness. I do see a lot of people making claims in regards to MS without documented proof and on hearsay only (I'll refer you to Cal's write up rather than repeating the same thing over and over).

Now, a question. A good shot on a buffalo, but not immediately fatal. A common approach is to stiffen him up by waiting some minutes and then go after him, or the MS approach of going after him right away in hopes of a charge. Which is more ethical, letting it suffer in silence for some minutes or going after it right away and putting it down?

Again, what one thinks of Mark Sullivan does not change the fact the hunt was legal under RSA regulations per documentation provided.

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
You can call it legal or whatever you want, it’s obviously not very truthfully described,Saeed called it for what it was,tell me where did your ancestors immigrate from?
My last DG hunt in Zim with three very well known PHs,they spoke about how Ms purposely wounds animals,I will & have followed directions to pursue a wounded buff no problem with that but tell me where does one have time to have a crew ready to film the entire episode,lights camera action? what bull!!!

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can call it legal or whatever you want, it’s obviously not very truthfully described,Saeed called it for what it was...

My last DG hunt in Zim with three very well known PHs,they spoke about how Ms purposely wounds animals,I will & have followed directions to pursue a wounded buff no problem with that but tell me where does one have time to have a crew ready to film the entire episode,lights camera action? what bull!!!

It was truthfully described, however Sean did not point out the "*" about the RSA PH being present until it was prompted by people. The information about the RSA PH was at the very bottom of the advertisement kind of like a fine print.

Could the advertisement have been written differently where it was clearly stated that it was a "celebrity" hunt from the start? Yes, it could have and if I was running that business I would have reprimanded the copy writer.

The gossip from Zim PHs are just gossip as they were not there. Did they also mention he shoots the bulls in the balls with a .22? I have heard that from multiple sources as well, from people having no first hand knowledge. As he mentioned in interviews he does not need to just wound the buffalo, his clients manage that on their own. Heck, I watched one video of Cal on his first hunt with him. He missed the buffalo 3 times in a row (not even wounding it) with that .600 NE of his (kudos to Cal for not asking it to be not edited out btw).

One has the time to have a crew and cameras etc. on the hunt when that is part of one's business. If you look at YouTube there are multiple hunts that are professionally recorded (Buchanan hunts, J. Alain Smith, etc., etc.).

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I feel sorry for Ms, he has dumbasses for clients,they miss all the time,how many people go on a DG hunt without practicing their shot? I am ok with hunting with a 600 if you can handle it, obviously Cal does not,but he is outspoken about Dr’s in general & worships his hero Ms, all profit driven & nothing to do with honest hunting ethics.Having numerous posts on all the forums, using the sites to further your agenda which is profit generated.

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
I feel sorry for Ms, he has dumbasses for clients,they miss all the time,how many people go on a DG hunt without practicing their shot?

...Ms, all profit driven & nothing to do with honest hunting ethics.Having numerous posts on all the forums, using the sites to further your agenda which is profit generated.

I was curious about MS so I went and got some of his videos when they were on sale.

Not all of his clients are horrible shots. I have seen shots where the buffalo dropped dead, and in his lion hunts the clients basically shot very well.

I think Cal documented the number of charges and it was in teens or so. MS has guided hundreds of buffalo hunts in his career, so to find some clients that miss would not be a stretch.

Finally, show me an outfitter that says he is not in it for the money and I will show you a liar. It is a business after all. The "hunting ethics" is driven by what is allowed by law. Ethics also is fluid as it depends on the culture and/or locale. For example baiting or using hounds for bears is not allowed in CA because it is not "ethical". At least that was the excuse used to ban it.

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Yup people make a living as we all do, how much are you willing to sacrifice to make money will dictate your reputation.

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Tanks,
Please do not take this as a personal afront,not my intent.

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:

My last DG hunt in Zim with three very well known PHs, they spoke about how Ms purposely wounds animals, .... what bull!!!

Bill, I have to agree that this is Saeed site and he is constant and fair, a great web site to come and share experiences.

Now for you spreading gossip and lies from a camp fire tales from PH (who probably were tipping a glass or two, one trying to outdo the other in tall tales) while in Zimbabwe, please show some facts from Mark Sullivan clients that have first hand knowledge, there are a few that have hunted with Mark Sullivan on here that you could ask (besides Cal). Just because someone said it 100 times about Mark Sullivan does not make it true.

Too many DVD of clients poor shooting while in Africa are out there to watch. I have been in camp where a client sharing our camp did not know how to assemble his rifle, never fired it before arriving in camp and it was brand spanking new. Anyway we all had the opportunity to look at this fine rifle (Blaser) with 2 barrels, one in 458 win mag and the other in 300 win mag. The chap was hunting leopard and cape buffalo.

DVD's of clients hunting in Africa have shown that a 10 yard shot standing broad side is not a given, and standing broad side shots under 25 yards shot sometimes is not close enough. Therefore some hunting clients, are not the best shots and miss and wound animals at very close range. These wounded animals are then followed up by PH's who sometimes get killed by these wounded animals or shot by their clients, and if lucky are able to safely put the animal down.

The followup of a wounded animal, some times you have the opportunity to wait an other times you need to followup quickly. Many hunting reports, are about animals wounded close to park boundaries or a different hunting concession or country borders and these reports have been posted before and therefore in the field you need to make a move quickly or you will lose your animal. Recovered or not you are responsible for the animal and trophy fees. So the area you are hunting determines your follow up.

Now for animal charges, it not that hard to figure that out, having worked with live stock. The animals will pick out a target and go after that person, the others standing close by are not in the animals vision. They have a target and that is what the animals is focused on, you get run over a few times by a cow a time or two and you figure this out. Of course looking for things to do growing up, we learned how to pester a cow to get them to charge. The bulls were another issue, and we learned how to do that also.

After a client has wounded the Cape Buffalo. Am sure that Mark Sullivan figured this out and he steps away from the others in the follow up group and he makes himself the target that the cape buffalo wants to hit.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Ok lets hear from a clent of Ms who wounded an animal & Ms saved his life?

DRSS

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

It has become very clear that this so called "hunt report" is anything but.

Hunt reports are written by hunters who go on a hunt to enjoy themselves, and like to share it with their like minded friends.

Cal's purpose of this sad saga is to write about using his big bore rifle.

He has stated so himself, as he is being paid to write some silly bullshit about hunting with a big gun.

It adds to his silly sense of reality that he is "hunting" with his hero, Mark Sullivan.

So far we have seen this was NOT as hunt.

Not by any stretch of the imagination, as far as I can see.

shooting plains game for fun on a farm is just fine.

"Hunting" buffalo, where the buffalo is farm bred and ear tagged, is not much different to what we normally call canned lions "hunts".

I am probably a good example of most of you.

I love hunting.

I hunt whenever I can.

I have hunted farms in South Africa, but only for plains game, and enjoyed it thoroughly, and would be very happy to do it again.

But buffalo and lion on a farm?

Not on your life.

Hunting these under canned conditions is an insult to both the hunter and the animal.

Both Cal and Mark Sullivan, championing hunts with big bore rifles, have proven to us beyond a shadow of a doubt - remember Mark Sullivan standing in front of the cameras holding his 600 double, telling the camera he is using it because they don't make anything bigger, while a half dead buffalo is lying right in the open, and one of his spineless clients, hiding in the background never to be seen.

It would have been fair to leave it at this, as we all have come to know that all Mark Sullivan hunts are only to glorify Mark Sullivan, put the client down, and camera angles for him to make sure he asks the buffalo how he wants to die!

Can you actually believe it?

But, this thread has a bonus.

Promoting a fake as a professional hunter running safaris in South Africa.

Nothing wrong with that, as many of us associate only stupidity to anyone even considering hunting with Mark Sullivan

Cal went far beyond that.

He wrote his report to convince us all that what Mark Sullivan is doing in South Africa is legal, and well above board.

If he had any sense at all he would have shut up 12 pages ago.

He did not.

And from the messages I am getting, both him and his hero are nothing but a laughing stock.

Some here try to make excuses for a visitor to another country working without a proper, job related work permit.

We all know that is not true at all.

It is ILLEGAL.

And anyone practicing it is called a CRIMINAL!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok lets hear from a clent of Ms who wounded an animal & Ms saved his life?

You raise a very good point.

I have met so many professional hunters.

Real, honest, no bullshit professional hunters.

Between them they have literally hundreds of years of hunting buffalo experience.

Some of them have had a buffalo charge, when on the very rare occasions a client has wounded it.

The buffalo finds the thickest bush to hide in.

It never lies right in the open as Mark Sullivan's fake buffalo charges do.

No time to set up video cameras and ask the buffalo of his preferred method of dying! rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Cal,

Here is a message from one of our members.

“All they needed do is bring a tractor with Lucerne and the buffalo would come running”

jumping

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I feel sorry for Ms, he has dumbasses for clients,they miss all the time,how many people go on a DG hunt without practicing their shot? I am ok with hunting with a 600 if you can handle it, obviously Cal does not,but he is outspoken about Dr’s in general & worships his hero Ms, all profit driven & nothing to do with honest hunting ethics.Having numerous posts on all the forums, using the sites to further your agenda which is profit generated.

You are so right!

Cal is a perfect example of this.

Missed his very first shot at the farm pet!

Or may it was done on purpose?

He wanted to write an article about "hunting" buffalo.

The article would not have been very complimentary if he had chosen to write the truth.

Walk up to an enclosure, get some hay, stand outside a fence, poke your 600 double through a gap, and kill the buffalo.

I wonder how long before this happens they removed the ear tag?

I wonder who removed it?

Was it Mark Sullivan?

Did he give the buffalo a choice of how he was going to remove it?

So many questions, and no truthful answers! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am an American but I am close friends with a PH from Zim who has been hunting professionally for 39 years.

In 39 years he has been charged by Buffalo 4 time...one for every 10 years

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
And the professional hunter I have hunted with for so many years has only been charged once!

By a cow wounded by a lion!

Buffalo charges don’t occur very often in real life.

Unless someone goes out of his way to make them.

And I bet for every one Mark Sullivan shows in his sick videos, he must have wounded dozens more which hide in thick bush where he wouldn’t dare get near them.

As I mentioned before, any teenage kid can finish off a half dead buffalo lying in the open! jumping

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'll agree with that. Some of the buffalo in the videos could have easily been dispatched when they were down if you approached from behind it.

MS chose to approach from the front where he could draw a charge. All part of the showmanship for his videos. Obviously, an unnecessary risk, but it was his life he was gambling with as the buffalo was focused on him.

I know that showmanship bothers some here.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'll agree with that. Some of the buffalo in the videos could have easily been dispatched when they were down if you approached from behind it.

MS chose to approach from the front where he could draw a charge. All part of the showmanship for his videos. Obviously, an unnecessary risk, but it was his life he was gambling with as the buffalo was focused on him.

There is absolutely no risk in walking up to a half dead buffalo lying in the open, where you can see it.

Have you ever seen him follow a wounded buffalo in thick bush??

Where one might jump up within arms length?

Of course not.

No balls.

No spine.

No class.

And he has the audacity to accuse all other professional hunters of being cowards!!??

He should look in the mirror! clap

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

True its his life on the line,or is it? when you carry a big bore DR? I think you are making sure that your ass is not grass,he hunted Tanzania, if he had learned how to use a spear as the Masai do? I gotta admit that I wouldn’t be showing a lack of respect to him.

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Goading a wounded animal into a charge? Only a fake low life would find any gratification in doing so thumbdown

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:

True its his life on the line,or is it? when you carry a big bore DR? I think you are making sure that your ass is not grass...

Well, we know the big bore is NOT sole answer as evidenced by Cal's videos. Wink

I also remember one of his first videos where he missed the brain on the first shot, had to take another and literally run backwards as the buffalo was almost on top of him.

quote:
Goading a wounded animal into a charge? Only a fake low life would find any gratification in doing so thumbdown

I don't think gratification has anything to do with it, just showmanship and making videos.

If you think about it not much different than matadors and bullfighting. The bulls in the ring are first stabbed with lances of Picadores to rile it up in order to put in a good show.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

A perfect description of Mark Sullivan, and whoever hunts with him! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

True its his life on the line,or is it? when you carry a big bore DR? I think you are making sure that your ass is not grass...

Well, we know the big bore is NOT sole answer as evidenced by Cal's videos. Wink

I also remember one of his first videos where he missed the brain on the first shot, had to take another and literally run backwards as the buffalo was almost on top of him.

quote:

I don't think gratification has anything to do with it, just showmanship and making videos.

If you think about it not much different than matadors and bullfighting. The bulls in the ring are first stabbed with lances of Picadores to rile it up in order to put in a good show.

Cal should be shooting a lot better now,he is taking lessons from MsSmiler

Matadors are in a different class of men,they do actually have balls,they face an angry bull with a blade not a wounded almost dead animal with a big bore in hand,I don't think bull fighting would be as popular otherwise,it's a way better example of a man facing a beast than Ms.

DRSS

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Cal should be shooting a lot better now,he is taking lessons from MsSmiler

Matadors are in a different class of men,they do actually have balls,they face an angry bull with a blade not a wounded almost dead animal with a big bore in hand,I don't think bull fighting would be as popular otherwise,it's a way better example of a man facing a beast than Ms.

I am afraid I have no knowledge of matadors.

But, I am unaware of any "world famous, legendary" matador who has made it his life's ambition to put down every single other matadors, so he can falsely glorify himself as the greatest matador that had ever lived!

As to cal being able to learn to hunt buffalo properly after being taught by Mark Sullivan?

You must be kidding!

Remember that saying "the blind leading the blind"?

It is perfectly true here! rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Bockhunter:
Mark used a Heym .577 and Basie used a new Westley .577.
CHC:
Saeed has a serious obsession with Mark. No matter the issue, he will attack. It could be jealousy or to get attention or something else. He has made over 1000 of the same posts and will continue to do so. This has accomplished two things: he has lost credibility with many of the readers on AR for doing what he has done here countless times and (2) he has done more than any and all to keep Mark's name alive.

To Saeed's credit he gave me his word he would not delete my thread or ban me from AR for my posts. I'm almost tempted to rewrite the story and tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth; to include every tiny detail of the hunt and hold nothing back. I may begin working on this.

Until then, thanks all for your comments and one fact should be known. At the evening fire I asked Mark if anyone has made negative comments to his face. Without hesitation Mark said, "Never once." For over 25 years, since the early 1990s, when all the crap started of shooting buff in the nuts, tranquilizing buffalo and lions, loss of his PH license, etc., etc., never ONCE has anyone said these things face to face. In addition, from my own tabulations here on AR, every negative comment has come from those who have never hunted or met him in person. AND, all of the postiive comments come from those that know Mark and/or have hunted with him. There is no mix--100% negative come from those who have never hunted with him and 100% positive from those that have hunted with him. That says a lot.

Your turn, Saeed. I'm off to bed soon and I look forward to waking to your cowardly insults and nit-picking. Why? Just because you can. Also, Saeed, may I pen another story of my hunt with Mark--adding much more detail of the pre-hunt, the hunt, and the post-hunt, including what was in the contract? I really don't want you to get too pissed and delete the post nor do I want you to ban me.
Cheers, all, from the far northland of Alaska.
Cal

A member who should have read this whole thread, asked if I was telling the truth about Cal asking me NOT to delete this thread, or ban him.

Here it is.

From his very own mouth.

Posted somewhere on this thread.

Funny how he changed his mind once the truth has come out.

Good morning Cal clap

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ExpressYourself:
It seems the PHs of the world (at least those who attend Dallas and SCI) have made it clear that should MS be allowed to exhibit then they (collectively) will not donate hunts to be auctioned off at the conventions.

Both Dallas and SCI buckled under this pressure. Instead of telling PHs to man-up and get a pair, both organizations gave in. Since the thread is on the topic of giving the animal the choice (their instinct to run away or charge) of how the encounter finishes as you walk up to a wounded buffalo, as an analogy, they threw down their rifle and climbed a tree.

Mark Sullivan should still be exhibiting IMO and the opinion of many others as well. There is no cure for jealousy!

The above from Mark Sullivan’s agent!

Repeating that proper professional hunters should man up and have some balls! rotflmo

And this from a wimp who spent all his life putting both his stupid clients and the real professionals he can never aspire to be one of them down! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Such shoddy tactics barf

DRSS

Administrator
posted Hide Post

A picture worth a thousands words! rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
"I do not hunt for the camera or to show off. I do not brag or boast."

Anyone would like to guess which "world famous, legendary, professional hunter" said this? rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:

Anyone would like to guess which "world famous, legendary, professional hunter" said this? rotflmo

Pitiful parody for sure, maybe Cal will enlighten us?

DRSS

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yes Cal.

Please enlighten us.

You spent so much time analyzing his fake charge videos to prove your point, anything regarding facts would be much appreciated from you.

Here is another gold nugget from our world famous, legendary professional hunter, like who the world has never seen before.

In his own words!

" An inexperienced client, or equally inexperienced professional hunter, wrongly believes that in order to get a wounded buffalo to charge, you must first “taunt” him. The very fact that someone says this tells me he has limited dangerous game experience and does not know what he says. His knowledge of wounded buffalo behavior is incomplete or simply nonexistent."

So clients like me, who have probably shot more buffalo than many, and honest professional hunters, have non existent experience in hunting buffalo!

Straight from the mouth of what Sean describes as the most famous professional hunter that had ever graced Africa!

Cal, your feed back on FACTS please, would be much appreciated.

You did promise to write the truth - not really sure you know what that word means!

I do understand that you are being paid to write some silly bullshit about "hunting buffalo with a Big Bore rifle".

From what we have seen so far, you might need to spend some time to learn how to shoot the bloody thing, on buffalo! rotflmo

Missing a farm bred pet a few yards away gives one incredible confidence in facing non existence buffalo charges!

How come the ear tagged pet did not charge you and your hero? rotflmo

Inexperienced clients, and the equally inexperienced professional hunters would like to get a straight answer please?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes Cal.

Please enlighten us.

You spent so much time analyzing his fake charge videos to prove your point, anything regarding facts would be much appreciated from you.

Here is another gold nugget from our world famous, legendary professional hunter, like who the world has never seen before.

In his own words!

" An inexperienced client, or equally inexperienced professional hunter, wrongly believes that in order to get a wounded buffalo to charge, you must first “taunt” him. The very fact that someone says this tells me he has limited dangerous game experience and does not know what he says. His knowledge of wounded buffalo behavior is incomplete or simply nonexistent."

So clients like me, who have probably shot more buffalo than many, and honest professional hunters, have non existent experience in hunting buffalo!

Straight from the mouth of what Sean describes as the most famous professional hunter that had ever graced Africa!

You did promise to write the truth - not really sure you know what that word means!

I do understand that you are being paid to write some silly bullshit about "hunting buffalo with a Big Bore rifle".

From what we have seen so far, you might need to spend some time to learn how to shoot the bloody thing, on buffalo! rotflmo

Missing a farm bred pet a few yards away gives one incredible confidence in facing non existence buffalo charges!

Inexperienced clients, and the equally inexperienced professional hunters would like to get a straight answer please?

Hey maybe this shooting them in the pen with a handful of hay has merit.

No telling how many thousand weary footsore miles I have logged hunting these grievous bastards. Big Grin

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes Cal.

Please enlighten us.

In his own words!

Hey maybe this shooting them in the pen with a handful of hay has merit.

No telling how many thousand weary footsore miles I have logged hunting these grievous bastards. Big Grin

Imagine hunting With Mark Sullivan in South Africa!

You won’t suffer any hardship like us nuts in hunting buffalo.

The evening you arrive they will take you to where their pets are being fed.

You pick the one you want by telling Mark Sullivan the ear tag number.

In the morning while you are enjoying your breakfast with your hero, they will take your chosen buffalo and let him loose “in the wilds of Africa”

After you have had your second cup of coffee, you will be lead to the truck - no real need really, but they want to give you a real safari experience.

Mark would have already given instructions that they should drop you all about a mike away from where the poor bull is hiding!

He has never been out of that enclosure, feels pretty scared.

And being a typical Mark Sullivan client, you will miss your shot!

Glory be!

Now you have an awful task of chasing a really mad buffalo bull.

A charge might just materialize from behind any bush now.

Sorry, won’t happen.

Remember, this a typical Mark Sullivan hunt.

The bull will be standing roadside, and you will both fire at it.

Killing the beast before it gets enraged and charge you!

You will then get on the Internet, and brag about how you are being paid to endure such hardship in the bush!

An utterly engrossing episode of KEEPING UP WITH MARK SULLIVAN !

Kim and her family are so jealous! rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
"...The indisputable fact is clients shoot poorly and nothing will ever change that reality. Coupled with the fact buffalo are notoriously difficult to kill, these two conditions make hunting them a challenge. I know many of you have killed buffalo with one shot. That is not the norm. Buffalo take a great deal of killing. I know. I have the experience to prove it..."

Here is another golden nugget from the master of fakes!

Him and his clients might be right - as they don't seem to have the brains, or balls, to use a proper caliber for killing buffalo with one shot.

A very real, honest, proud, no bullshit, professional hunter, my friend, Harry Silby, said "bring a 375 H&H and forget the rest".

His words were the real, honest, no bullshit, clients who bring this one never had any problems of killing buffalo with one shot!

Now, do we take the word of a man who has lived, and worked in Africa all his life.

He has a reputation of being the ultimate gentleman.

Who has never, ever, put his clients down.

Has never, ever, claimed to be superior to his fellow professional hunters.

Or the ultimate fake that has ever wore the "professional hunter" tag?

Take your pick.

This does not apply to you Cal.

I do remember you saying "your distractors are not fit to walk in your shoes" referring, of course, to the hero you worship so blindly! rotflmo