Find
Notify
Tools

Best fox calls ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted

You may have seen my thread on foxing and in connection with this I am really keen to find out from those that go foxing - what calls (mouth or electronic) are you using and what works best for you ?

Am looking at a couple of new calls at the moment (BestFoxCall.UK and Klaus Dremmel's calls).

Comments and personal experiences !!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2255 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AB109 on here gave me a fox call from Australia and its been used with good success. Think is called the Fox Whistle.

Otherwise Norweigian (i think) Kristoffer Klausen produces aa good one that friends use here and works well.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Kristofer Clausen Predator Call - not easy to use it tho.

I am using his roe call as well.

Posts: 2026 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Just ordered a couple of Stainless SS Best Fox Calls from the UK. Keen to see how they work out!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2255 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Somewhere on youtube there are one or more videos showing how to make a fox whistle from a can lid.

I keep saying I am going to make one . . .

Nother roundtuit

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I use fawn, rabbit call or calf call and they are all from run of the mill manufacturers
They all work on all predators

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our own P-A Ahlen is THE EXPERT on predator calls and predator hunting.
His company is Nordic Predator and they make fantastic calls.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Caracal, Thanks, that is a good tip. I will look him up.

I am looking for the best call for Jackals in South Africa. Can you suggest anything? Hand call or audio recording. I have an electronic caller. Thanks again, Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Canada:

I am looking for the best call for Jackals in South Africa. Can you suggest anything? Hand call or audio recording. I have an electronic caller. Thanks again, Brian

Gee Brian, you gonna import South African variant to Canada...shame on you dude

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 672 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hannay, Thanks, Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Canada:

The best is to get in touch with the guys directly, I think. They have a lot of experience and I think their calls will work for all kinds of predators.

Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Caracal, Yes sir, That is what I am going to do. Thanks again, Brian