Tools

Lucky guy. BMG go boom. Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
https://youtu.be/1449kJKxlMQ

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27596 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bloody hell!

He sure was lucky!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!

As bad as that was, he's a lucky guy!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Bad ammo can be really, really bad! Amazing that he survived that!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13387 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know nothing about that ammo he was using, but I’m not shooting that cartridge out of a $1300 rifle with the weird action.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He looks like he's lucky to be alive.

I can't help but think those safety glasses saved his life also, if not at least his eye.

About 50 years ago I was in college and a friend was teaching me how to reload 45 ACP ammo. I was new to reloading and accidentally put too much Blue Dot (or was it Unique? Can't remember now) into a case. The gun blew up in my hands, sending both grips away from the pistol in opposite directions, and the magazine into the ground. Never found the spring or follower. Felt like a cherry bomb went off in my hand. I decided my lack of reloading experience could be detrimental to my longevity and wondered how long the learning curve was. That was basically the end of my reloading career. Luckily, some years later I could afford factory ammo and resumed my interest in all things shooting and hunting.

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
I saw this video yesterday morning and will echo everyone else's sentiment that it's unsettling to watch and he's a lucky man to be alive. He's a good guy, and I've enjoyed his videos over the years.

It also reinforces the practice of always, ALWAYS wearing eye protection when shooting. You never know what's going to happen. If he didn't have those glasses on, that metal cap might've gone right into his head. Almost certainly would've blinded him in the right eye. Some will also call it excessive, but it's because of cautionary tales like this I carry gauze, quick clot, and a tourniquet in my shooting bag. It's cheap, doesn't take up much space, and could save your life.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I wish more people were as wise as you to carry those first aid products.

quote:
Originally posted by Clayman:
I saw this video yesterday morning and will echo everyone else's sentiment that it's unsettling to watch and he's a lucky man to be alive. He's a good guy, and I've enjoyed his videos over the years.

It also reinforces the practice of always, ALWAYS wearing eye protection when shooting. You never know what's going to happen. If he didn't have those glasses on, that metal cap might've gone right into his head. Almost certainly would've blinded him in the right eye. Some will also call it excessive, but it's because of cautionary tales like this I carry gauze, quick clot, and a tourniquet in my shooting bag. It's cheap, doesn't take up much space, and could save your life.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27596 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Scott is a good guy ... i question the ammo

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote