Find
Notify
Tools

DSC VERSUS SCI
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
For me…it is the lack of transparency to voting members as to what transpired during the battle and how the battle actually ended — I still don’t fully comprehend at this moment. But maybe that is my fault for not staying abreast of things…it has been more difficult in the time of COVID.

I have friends (ones with deep involvement in DSC leadership) involved in this that see things from opposing perspectives — as to how the “save DSC” debacle was handled. Two of them are posting in this thread.

I was hoping to gain insight as to what actually transpired and why…to pass judgment for myself.

This seems impossible thus, disappointing.

I wish both DSC and SCI success into the future. Lord knows in today’s world we need to ally and save the ammo for the real enemy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
For me…it is the lack of transparency to voting members as to what transpired during the battle and how the battle actually ended — I still don’t fully comprehend at this moment. But maybe that is my fault for not staying abreast of things…it has been more difficult in the time of COVID.

I have friends (ones with deep involvement in DSC leadership) involved in this that see things from opposing perspectives — as to how the “save DSC” debacle was handled. Two of them are posting in this thread.

I was hoping to gain insight as to what actually transpired and why…to pass judgment for myself.

This seems impossible thus, disappointing.

I wish both DSC and SCI success into the future. Lord knows in today’s world we need to ally and save the ammo for the real enemy.

If “save DSC” get their way, DSC will end up as SCI or the NRA!

TRANSPARENCY!

Where is it??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66938 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know that word transparency is synonymous with money...
Stands to reason what more people quibble about than anything else.
I tried reading back through this thread where DSC had about $15M in their coffer's.
Large contributors seem always wanting to participate in decision making. Buying influence.
Where are we going to spend this money?
Who knows? Hate to make assumptions.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If one has a pet, a spouse, a friend, an employee or a child that exhibits bad behavior, what do you think would happen if there are no consequences for such behavior? What do you all think would happen if they were rewarded rather than punished?

There were no consequences it seems.

Posts: 11958 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Save DSC" is as dead as the Dallas Cowboys. There is no struggle, it was handled, and is no longer even a conversation, except here on AR. Let it go...

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
"Save DSC" is as dead as the Dallas Cowboys. There is no struggle, it was handled, and is no longer even a conversation, except here on AR. Let it go...

And you dont think dsc members should know it was over and what happened. Thinking just letting it fade away is best is not really ok.Plus if one of the people who caused all the bs just got some award at the last dsc convention not enough was done to those who caused the problems. Just makes me glad I did not renew my membership seeing what I have read here.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dave:
Hardly!

Many of the people who were/are in the fore front of “SAVE DSC” are obviously STILL ACTIVE members of DSC and on top of that holding positions within DSC AND GETTING DSC AWARDS. Hardly as you say “dead as the Dallas Cowboys”.

What we are asking for is transparency! Tell us how the Hell these individuals are still even members let alone celebrities within DSC??
4WD

Posts: 673 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Follow the money and see who benefits… coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the first time the SAVE DSC situation has been discussed since it was settled that I have seen.Heads rolled, lawyers were involved, decisions by DSC leadership were made under advice of a legal team. bcap, or 4WD were either of you at the annual general meeting when this came to a head? If you had of been, you would know far more than you seem to think you know. None of them, let me type that nice and slow again NONE OF THEM ( Save DSC instigators) hold, or ever will again hold a leadership position at DSC. All lost friends, future influence and standing in most hunting circles. Some were terminated, some were not. You may not like that all were not, I wanted a clean sweep to the last man, but leadership made their decision and DSC moved on much the better with the rubbish this lot of malcontents brought behind it. Some of you act like this situation is still some kind of ongoing battle... it is not. I think there are some organizational loyalists trying to gin up trouble where there is none as far as the Save DSC discussion goes. And trying to act like the Convention OHAA award situation is some kind of DSC creation, instead a minuscule group of former winners, some of which are the very best of folks bye the way, is utter nonsense. And although I rarely say such things, and do so only because it is the truth in this case "I know more than you" on this matter. If that is not good enough for your inquiring minds, so be it.

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is the first time the SAVE DSC situation has been discussed since it was settled that I have seen.Heads rolled, lawyers were involved, decisions by DSC leadership were made under advice of a legal team. bcap, or 4WD were either of you at the annual general meeting when this came to a head? If you had of been, you would know far more than you seem to think you know. None of them, let me type that nice and slow again NONE OF THEM ( Save DSC instigators) hold, or ever will again hold a leadership position at DSC. All lost friends, future influence and standing in most hunting circles. Some were terminated, some were not. You may not like that all were not, I wanted a clean sweep to the last man, but leadership made their decision and DSC moved on much the better with the rubbish this lot of malcontents brought behind it. Some of you act like this situation is still some kind of ongoing battle... it is not. I think there are some organizational loyalists trying to gin up trouble where there is none as far as the Save DSC discussion goes. And trying to act like the Convention OHAA award situation is some kind of DSC creation, instead a minuscule group of former winners, some of which are the very best of folks bye the way, is utter nonsense. And although I rarely say such things, and do so only because it is the truth in this case "I know more than you" on this matter. If that is not good enough for your inquiring minds, so be it.

Dave:
You know what you know. You are avoiding the point which is lack of transparency. DSC is a business. These individuals are like a cancer. They attempted a hostile takeover. They cost DSC a a lot of money in legal fees and energy. When cancer arises you cut it out. You do not allow cancer to remain in your body for a future reoccurrence, simple as that. Why is it so difficult for you to state why these instigators of a hostile takeover of DSC still remain? Transparency.
4WD

Posts: 673 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No dave I was not at the meeting and would not want to may puke hearing all that really went on. I am not judging you but the way you decide to come at a few who have questions just makes me think you like the cover up that went on.

If it was handled ever member of dsc deserved to hear the out come and how much money was wasted. I know alot of guys like you but your come backs just seem to be more like those of us who know are ok with all so dont ask any question because we are dsc and should not be questioned.

I just know dsc sci have all turned me off and I can only just think of how much money was wasted on in fighting that could of done alot of good in other ways. Both do good but both have lost sight of why they started and dont do all they could because of wasting funds one way or another.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am curious . I believe the AGM was in March 2021. The press release from the Save DSC crew was dated May 2021. Seems to me they were not finished after the AGM.

Posts: 11958 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
You know that word transparency is synonymous with money...
Stands to reason what more people quibble about than anything else.
I tried reading back through this thread where DSC had about $15M in their coffer's.
Large contributors seem always wanting to participate in decision making. Buying influence.
Where are we going to spend this money?
Who knows? Hate to make assumptions.

The part about DSC having $15M in their coffers is false (unless some very generous donor gave them about $6M), when I left the board there was about $8M total in the bank, not all spendable, and over the past year or so they have dipped into these funds to the tune of about $2M, I'm told (could be wrong and if I've misspoken I will be happy to correct). If you received the convention issue of Game Trails there is a page detailing which groups or individuals received grants, but not how large the grant might have been. A couple of these grants appear to have gone to groups where either board members or employees either own the entity or are on the entities board, I personally don't think that is proper and certainly not transparent to the "common" member.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

I am curious . I believe the AGM was in March 2021. The press release from the Save DSC crew was dated May 2021. Seems to me they were not finished after the AGM.

Larry, you skipped a year, just as the whole world did. The AGM was March 2020, just before coronavirus shut everything down. The Save DSC mailer was sent out in various waves to members. I received mine well in advance of the AGM, but that may be because they wanted local members to appear and support their cause, but it did the opposite for me and wanted to support those being disparaged.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
quote:
quote:

Larry, you skipped a year, just as the whole world did. The AGM was March 2020, just before coronavirus shut everything down. The Save DSC mailer was sent out in various waves to members. I received mine well in advance of the AGM, but that may be because they wanted local members to appear and support their cause, but it did the opposite for me and wanted to support those being disparaged.

Marcus:

That makes it even worse . They were clearly active 14 months or so after the AGM if he was referring to the in person meeting. There was an on line meeting in 3/21 as I understand it .

Either way the Save DSC crew was active after the meeting .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I know more than you" on this matter. If that is not good enough for your inquiring minds, so be it.

Dave,
This is not the type of response I would expect from a board member. Transparency is THE ONLY way we can believe what is really going on. Just because “YOU” say it’s Okay . Really?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4WD:
quote:

Dave:
You know what you know. You are avoiding the point which is lack of transparency. DSC is a business. These individuals are like a cancer. They attempted a hostile takeover. They cost DSC a a lot of money in legal fees and energy. When cancer arises you cut it out. You do not allow cancer to remain in your body for a future reoccurrence, simple as that. Why is it so difficult for you to state why these instigators of a hostile takeover of DSC still remain? Transparency.
4WD

I know what I know, too. Some of these rat bastards are still active and welcomed by DSC and are still plotting, those that think otherwise are like an ostrich with it's head in the sand, I think they will ultimately be successful. The current DSC board has new "big name" members that really have no first hand knowledge of DSC and may or may not know what has gone on over the past couple of years, only what they have been told. And that may not be totally factual or complete. I suspect that some of the "new" directors of both DSC and DSC Foundation will be "big names" as well. Many of these big names have attended only one or two board meetings over the past year, not a lot of commitment in my mind. 4WD you mentioned legal fees, DSC spent an obscene amount of money fighting this bunch, money that could have gone where it actually did some good, over $500K (again if I'm am incorrect and someone from DSC would like to give actual numbers, I will admit my mistake...though I'm told it was actually quite a bit more). That is a hell of a lot of members money pretty much wasted.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:

I'm told (could be wrong and A couple of these grants appear to have gone to groups where either board members or employees either own the entity or are on the entities board, I personally don't think that is proper and certainly not transparent to the "common" member.

Karl,
This sounds like a whole other series of issues lacking Transparency.
4WD

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I am a life member of DSC. Won’t do a year membership with SCI. Between the award crap and the fact they wouldn’t sign on with all the other conservation orgs on the definition of a huntable lion a few years back just on ego basis, I have no time for them as an organization. I go to the convention because it is my business. I would go to Dallas Convention as a paying guest if I didn’t work there.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dave,

What is your job at DSC?

If it has been mentioned before, I am sorry I have missed it.

And if you are involved, as it seems that you are, our question on transparency has gotten a bit muddier.

Don't blame AR and its members.

Those same members are members of DSC too, and have the right to know what is going on.

What we wish to know has not been answered.

We are asking for transparency.

Transparency means answering all the members questions, not telling to forget it.

I can assure you this is NOT going to die off.

both the NRA and SCI are up the proverbial creek without a paddle, and we certainly hope DSC is NOT following in their footsteps.

Posts: 66938 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
When an organization wastes over half million dollars on lawyers fighting a bunch of dissidents, then turns around and gives a couple of them bullshit awards, I’ve heard enough. The sashes and cords simply made them look like the assholes they apparently are… 2020

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well; Could have been "crowns and septors" (LOL)
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
When an organization wastes over half million dollars on lawyers fighting a bunch of dissidents, then turns around and gives a couple of them bullshit awards, I’ve heard enough. The sashes and cords simply made them look like the assholes they apparently are… 2020

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm told (could be wrong and A couple of these grants appear to have gone to groups where either board members or employees either own the entity or are on the entities board, I personally don't think that is proper and certainly not transparent to the "common" member.

Karl,
This sounds like a whole other series of issues lacking Transparency.
4WD

Agreed on this point and others.

Thanks, Karl. Standup guy as always.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
First I would like to thank Tim Herald for the kind words towards DSC. It is very obvious there are individuals on this thread whom are haters and no matter what is said your not going to please them.
Second I would like to reinforce every thing Dave has said in regards to the Save DSC,that matter was dealt with and the organization has moved forward. As for the OHHA award I believe it dates back to 1983 so it’s nothing new. The talk of the recipient and a couple of past winners being part of the save DSC, possible they were but there wasn’t enough from a legal standpoint to remove there membership according to legal council.When one retains legal representation if there smart they listen to there attorney and that’s exactly what the current leadership did.
Third I would like to address the remark of certain big names not attending meetings.There are a few new board members that have not attended in person but a couple of times but are very much engaged. A large monitor has been installed in the board room and all meetings have a zoom option and it has worked beautifully.The organization is composed of board members from several different States and other countries it’s no longer just Dallas based.
In closing I would like to thank all that attended this years DSC 40th Anniversary Convention and banquets making it a huge success. Instead of bickering back and fourth over old news we must ban together to protect the future of Hunting.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is very obvious there are individuals on this thread whom are haters

Whenever I see anything like this,

I KNOW there is something being hidden!

Russell, may I ask what is your job at DSC?

I found out that Dave is a paid employee to deal with the media, don't know how true this is.

If this is the case, he is doing a great job of trying to silence anyone who does not fit within the framework of the current management.

I think members should bare this in mind to whatever Dave says.

He is being paid to do a job.

His job is to say whatever his employers tell him to do, not necessarily what paid members of DSC would like to see.

This is no reflection on him as a person, it is a paid job.

No difference than looking at all the fake adverts.

I personally believe nothing coming from anyone paid to do a job.

As some of our members have been saying, FOLLOW THE MONEY!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russell Stacy

The talk of the recipient and a couple of past winners being part of the save DSC, possible they were but there wasn’t enough from a legal standpoint to remove there membership according to legal council.

Russell Stacy,
Your quote above “The talk of the recipient and a couple of past winners being part of the save DSC, possible they were but there wasn’t enough from a legal standpoint to remove there membership according to legal council .” [/QUOTE]

Your comments that the Save DSC individuals mentioned earlier like Stephen Miller are “ONLY POSSIBLY INVOLVED” and did not cause DSC to spend over 500K to defend the Save DSC takeover is a pretty obvious statement ,that you are not wanting full transparency either. How would you not know if these individuals were involved in the Save DSC attempted takeover?? Their names were on the lawsuit and they were seeking to be board members? We are just wanting honest answers and transparency. Sounds like you want to hide the facts the same as Dave Fulton. Are you not a board member too? You don’t know these public facts? You and Dave Fulton want to hide and coverup the facts .We want full Transparency.

You also did not not comment on the recent grants who were maybe issued to ,or have gone to groups who were either board members or employees, who either own the entity or are on the entities board. What about that?

Your comment that many here just hate the DSC, is so far removed from the facts. We just care that the money is spent wisely on conservation , not wasted on idiotic law suits brought upon self glorifying individuals. We want to see that DSC doesn’t turn into a Rogue Organization of self gratifying egomaniacs who want to turn the organization into their own personal award show.
4WD

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Russell Stacy

The talk of the recipient and a couple of past winners being part of the save DSC, possible they were but there wasn’t enough from a legal standpoint to remove there membership according to legal council.

Russell Stacy,
Your quote above “The talk of the recipient and a couple of past winners being part of the save DSC, possible they were but there wasn’t enough from a legal standpoint to remove there membership according to legal council .”

Your comments that the Save DSC individuals mentioned earlier like Stephen Miller are “ONLY POSSIBLY INVOLVED” and did not cause DSC to spend over 500K to defend the Save DSC takeover is a pretty obvious statement ,that you are not wanting full transparency either. How would you not know if these individuals were involved in the Save DSC attempted takeover?? Their names were on the lawsuit and they were seeking to be board members? We are just wanting honest answers and transparency. Sounds like you want to hide the facts the same as Dave Fulton. Are you not a board member too? You don’t know these public facts? You and Dave Fulton want to hide and coverup the facts .We want full Transparency.

You also did not not comment on the recent grants who were maybe issued to ,or have gone to groups who were either board members or employees, who either own the entity or are on the entities board. What about that?

Your comment that many here just hate the DSC, is so far removed from the facts. We just care that the money is spent wisely on conservation , not wasted on idiotic law suits brought upon self glorifying individuals. We want to see that DSC doesn’t turn into a Rogue Organization of self gratifying egomaniacs who want to turn the organization into their own personal award show.
4WD[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

If you do not agree with our policies, you must be HATERS!

How stupid is THAT!

We are becoming Snow flake wokes now!

We are right.

You are all wrong, so shut the fuck up!

Is this what DSC is becoming?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just love how some of us became haters when we ask questions about the club we are members or life members of. We have a right to know .

Some of the responses are vague and misleading at best . These question have simple answers which no one seems to be willing to provide .

This is quite bothersome.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just love how some of us became haters when we ask questions about the club we are members or life members of. We have a right to know .

Some of the responses are vague and misleading at best . These question have simple answers which no one seems to be willing to provide .

This is actually shocking!

We expect better from those running DSC.

Who is Russel?

What is his job at DSC?

We already know that Dave is paid to promote positive media, and try to stop anything that might be seen as against the direction the organization is going

Are we, as members - I am a Life Member - being told not to ask any questions??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Who is Russel?

What is his job at DSC?

We already know that Dave is paid to promote positive media, and try to stop anything that might be seen as against the direction the organization is going

As a life member, I had questions. These responses or lack thereof have changed those questions into concerns . Serious concerns. Not what I expected from DSC.

Not for profits are required to provide certain documents to those requesting it . Specifically, certain forms 990. We can get answers to some questions from those forms . Not all but some .

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Who is Russel?

What is his job at DSC?

As a life member, I had questions. These responses or lack thereof have changed those questions into concerns . Serious concerns. Not what I expected from DSC.

Not for profits are required to provide certain documents to those requesting it . Specifically, certain forms 990. We can get answers to some questions from those forms . Not all but some .

That is terrible!

Members who are concerned and would like some questions answered because of current events and we are all being told to move on, nothing to answer??

This is the new DSC transparency policy?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scary they dont see that dave should not have to be working on us hunters but working on making the anti's understand things hunters do for animals. So if hunters have a problem with a hunting group something went way wrong.

I know maybe my membership dues would not mean much but I will not support any group that hides things or points fingers back at anyone who ask a good question on a problem that happen. It is the problem with most of the places who ask for support and alot of us thought dsc was different but turning into the next sci of a few big wigs control and dont care about the lower members as long as it helps them in the end.

As for dave running to someone else and then they come on. Just to repeat his same bs we are haters or should be just fine with what we are told what a joke.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Stacey,

Do you anticipate the DSC taking on a new identity (Branding; Good consultant lingo) with this diverse board?
A new name coming down the pike in a few years?

quote:
The organization is composed of board members from several different States and other countries it’s no longer just Dallas based.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
What is coming from the new DSC sounds like a political party!

Never believe a word of it, because it is most likely diametrically opposite to what is being said!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know when I'm beating my head against a wall. Well done Karl, you have recruited a few more of your friends to your continued

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Minds are a lot like a parachute, they must be open to work. Clearly that is not possible at this point with those under the influence of their "private Bash DSC insider."
I will leave you to your work...

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is clear to me is us in AR are more plugged in than the average hunter. We are more invested in hunting as a culture.

The model of raising revenue through awards is repugnant to most of us here are AR. Imagine how distasteful these awards are to average, back 40 hunters, and non hunters who are not anti hunters.

This revenue model has got to end.

I ask again.

Does DSC have a contract to host OHAA? If DSC does, at some point DSC can choose not to renew its relationship with OHAA.

Assuming there is a contractual relationship, Will DSC end its association (hosting) with OHAA?

I think DSC should send a letter to all members stating how much was spent, who got removed, who did not get removed, why, how much money, if any, had to deviated from grants, and ultimate resolution.

That would have preempted most of this thread.

Posts: 10839 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know when I'm beating my head against a wall. Well done Karl, you have recruited a few more of your friends to your continued

What are you referring to? All I’ve done is honestly answered questions posed by others. Maybe you could be more specific. Please don’t try and blame me, or others for your failings or shortcomings.

Karl Evans

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What are you referring to? All I’ve done is honestly answered questions posed by others. Maybe you could be more specific. Please don’t try and blame me, or others for your failings or shortcomings.

Karl,

Don’t bother.

You have always been forthcoming and answered questions regarding DSC before yourself.

The current management has a paid employee, not to answer legitimate questions members have, but to deflect attention from what is really going on at DSC right now.

Our original concerns might have been minor, but from what we see now it is very worrisome to say the least.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I just hope the DSC continues down the path it has historically. I always felt part of a family.
You can make the "family" a bit left out when you refer to the word "insider".
Be nice if there were no insiders at all.
All for one and one for all.

EZ

quote:
Minds are a lot like a parachute, they must be open to work. Clearly that is not possible at this point with those under the influence of of atheir "private Bash DSC insider."
I will leave you to your work...