THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Raffles for the Benefit of Phillip Smythe- elephant hunt added
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raffles for the Benefit of Phillip Smythe- elephant hunt added
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Good afternoon.

As most of you probably know, Phillip Smythe was severely injured earlier this week by an elephant in the Save Valley Conservancy. He has a pregnant wife and two small children. His medical bills have to be enormous. The family needs help.

The African Wildlife Conservation Coalition(AWCC) is a US based not for profit corporation which has been approved as a 501c3 by the Internal Revenue Service. AWCC is going to conduct five raffles with 100% of the proceeds going to Phillip Smythe and his family.

The raffles will work as follows. Upon receipt of payment, each purchaser will receive a number or numbers (if more than one ticket is purchased) which will be assigned in consecutive ascending order. At noon, eastern time on February 1, 2021, the drawing will be held using a random number generator to select the winning person.

The raffle items are as follows:

ITEM #1

A new in box, Beretta 12 gauge Ducks Unlimited commemorative gun. This was donated by AR member Jeff H.

Donations are $100 each with a maximum of 100 tickets sold.

Picture to follow.

This limited to US residents ONLY!

ITEM #2

This is a 3 day hog hunt for 1 at my personal ranch in Levy County, Florida. No limit on the number of hogs. Includes food during the hunt, lodging during the hunt, guiding, and field prep. Does not include transportation to and from the ranch. Hotels and meals, if any before and after the hunt are not included. Any taxidermy is not included.

We can hunt them any way we want including at night with thermal imaging equipment which I have.

In 2019, I killed 40 hogs and guests killed 19. Under most circumstances, there are a lot of hogs. An episode of Nick's Wild Ride was filmed at my ranch earlier this year.

Also, I have various waterways which I have stocked. The winner can fish if they like for no charge. Spring fishing is incredible.

Donations are $100 each with a maximum of 250 tickets sold.

ITEM 3- PHEASANT HUNT FOR TWO IN SOUTH DAKOTA

South Dakota Wild Pheasant Hunt for Two Hunters 2021

5 nights lodging with 5-6 days hunting at Bird Dog Bunkhouse in Gettysburg, SD
Valid October 15-December 19, 2021 for mutually agreed upon dates
Dates will be set with raffle winners by May or June 2021
Three excellent meals per day will be furnished if hunters choose to come between October 25 to November 23.
Hunters are encouraged to bring their own dogs or if they do not have a dog one will be provided during dates of 10/25-11/23.

Hunters will drive to Gettysburg, SD since there is no commercial airport.

We hunt primarily public land not relying on private farms to have excellent hunting. South Dakota is well set up for public hunting on "Walk In Areas", "Game Production Areas'', "Waterfowl Production Areas", State and Bureau of Reclamation lands. There are so many good places to hunt in a 40 mile radius that one can't begin to cover them all. We have very minimal hunting pressure from any other hunters.

These are all wild pheasants not any pen raised birds. The hunting and bird numbers are excellent! Hunters see and shoot at many birds each day. Being a decent wing shot will of course increase your success. Finding birds is never a problem. I personally have shot my limit of three roosters every day for the past three years. I hunt 30 days concurrently each year.

This winter in South Dakota has been very mild which should promote high numbers of pheasants for fall 2021.

The house is very comfortable for guests. WiFi and TV is provided.

Dogs have an excellent bunkhouse in the backyard.

Indoor bird cleaning area and freezer is provided.

Not included are:
SD Hunting license and Conservation Stamp ($150)
Shotguns
Shotgun shells
Beer, wine or liquor is BYOB

We always have FUN!

Any questions can be answered at dukxdog@gmail.com<mailto:dukxdog@gmail.com>

Tickets are $100 each with a maximum of 250 sold.

ITEM #4- BOTSWANA HUNT

Chapungu - Kambako Safaris (CKS - Jacques Hartzenberg and Jumbo Moore) & Trophy Quest Botswana (Thys & Merilyn de Vries) - Donate a 7 day CH 8, Botswana Buffalo Trophy bull hunt for 1 x hunter and 1 x accompanying non hunter to be hunted in the 2021 season (dates between April and September, winner to contact Thys to finalise dates)
100% of the proceeds received from the Raffle / Auction to go towards Phil Smythe's medical fund / rehabilitation.
The donation includes pick up at Kasane Airport, 7 days hunting for a mature Buffalo trophy bull, Buffalo single game Licence and T/Fees, CHA permit, field preparation of trophy, delivery of trophy to taxidermists within Botswana for shipping to hunters home, 1 x gun / ammunition temporary import permit into Botswana, accomdation, food and drinks in our luxury en-suite tented camp in CH 8, experienced PH, trackers and hunting vehicle and return transfer to Kasane Airport on departure.
Extras (not included in donation) will be airfares, before and after hunt accomdation, travel insurances, dip and pack and shipping of trophy to hunters home, extra animals hunted (other than the Buffalo trophy bull), gratuities at hunters discretion.

This is an INCREDIBLE donation. To enhance this, AWCC will contribute one coach ticket from Atlanta to Johannesburg and the return on Delta ONLY. In addition, AWCC will contribute a coach ticket for Johannesburg/Kasane/Johannesburg for one on a airline to be determined.

Donations are $250 each or 6 for $1,000. No more than 150 tickets will be sold.

ITEM #5- ZIMBABWE ELEPHANT HUNT

Tickets are $200 each or 7 for $1,000. A maximum of 150 tickets to be sold .

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

Please send checks to:

African Wildlife Conservation Coalition
17 South Magnolia Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801

Please specify which raffle you want to participate in. Include your name, address, e mail and phone number.

AWCC is working to get Paypal.

Questions can be addressed to me as follows:

Lshores@shorescpa.com

Thank you all!

Posts: 11958 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Thank you for doing this for Phillip. We first met Phillip when he was an "appy" in Chirisa in 2007 while on an elephant/buffalo hunt. In addition to being an outstanding young man, his drawings were amazing.

Check is on the way for the shotgun raffle and thanks to the donor.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9365 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
You are the man Larry
CHeck is on the way

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sending my check out...........

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry is the man!!!

Larry thank you. Phil is in a bad way. This makes me glad I am a hunter.

Jeff

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It appears that we may well have some additions. It appears that we will have a pheasant hunt for two soon. Awaiting details .

Posts: 11958 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a very noble initiative, thanks for this.

Frank

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Larry if it will help I am prepared to donate the original oil painting of this limited edition print.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mr. Shores, Very Honorable Deed, check is on the way...Item #1 if possible.

Posts: 24 | Location: WNY-Bergen | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This seems to be really getting a life of its own.

AWCC has been contacted about other donations. I am awaiting details . It appears we have a Buffalo hunt in Botswana.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I’m so glad we are as hunters pulling together
Especially in times like these

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Here are photos for the South Dakota Pheasant hunt raffle item. Guys enjoy coming back here every year hunting wiley, wild roosters. You will have a great time!

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Really like the idea of the hunts but I am so booked up for the next two years with the COVID backlog... how about I start the bidding off on Andrew's original buffalo oil for $2,000!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
NVM I see you've started a raffle on Facebook! Didn't mean to horn in...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

- Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Really like the idea of the hunts but I am so booked up for the next two years with the COVID backlog... how about I start the bidding off on Andrew's original buffalo oil for $2,000!

That is exceeding generous mate. Larry needs to convert that from a raffle to an auction.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please see the new items added including a Botswana buffalo hunt.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Please see the new items added including a Botswana buffalo hunt.

Outstanding. Well done Larry.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Larry for mobilizing the effort on these raffles. And thanks to those who have so generously donated the raffle items. It is awesome to see our "community" band together for such a difficult situation.

Our prayers to Phillip, his wife, children and extended family for healing and comfort during this most difficult time.

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you know if PayPal will be set up soon?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LivingTheDream1:
Do you know if PayPal will be set up soon?

This has happened suddenly and very near the holidays. Plus I have been sick since the middle of last week. I have no idea what it will take or the time it will take. On Monday morning, I will get my office to look into PayPal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir. If not I will get a check out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang, if you're gonna auction Andrew's original oil painting, I'll bid $2500

Guns and hunting

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rick!

For both the bid and the rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Appears the raffle will be expanding. Looks like we are getting an AR 15. Details to be posted soon.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Okay, it IS an auction... $2,750!

- Rudyard Kipling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
$2850.

Guns and hunting

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Larry, Paypal will be great as a lot of us non USA AR members cannot send cheques! Have not seen a cheque for like 15 years!

This is the sort of thing that makes AR all the more special!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Larry, Paypal will be great as a lot of us non USA AR members cannot send cheques! Have not seen a cheque for like 15 years!

This is the sort of thing that makes AR all the more special!

AWCC has not previously had the need for Pay Pal. This happened suddenly and it was only 3 days ago that AWCC decided to do this .

On Monday, I will get my people on it .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check mailed today as an entry for the Botswana Buffalo hunt!

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir.

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I will be waiting on paypal to buy my tickets,thank you.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Hi Larry,

Just thinking that maybe Andrews original painting should be on a separate posting for bidding and was of tracking to see who is in the lead.

Some wonderful items for every to purchase a ticket.

Helping a PH in need.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
Hi Larry,

Just thinking that maybe Andrews original painting should be on a separate posting for bidding and was of tracking to see who is in the lead.

Some wonderful items for every to purchase a ticket.

Helping a PH in need.

Done and see new thread

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hogbreath:
$2850.

Awesome and I have now moved this to a new thread

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Zelle or Vimeo for payment?

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good morning.

As of this moment, a check is the only way to pay. As stated earlier , I’ll have my office look into Pay Pal on Monday .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot of interest has been expressed on the Buffalo hunt .

A few have asked if the AWCC will accept contributions for the Smythe family without buying raffle tickets . Yes, absolutely we will accept these contributions.

At the moment , we plan on forwarding the money to the family weekly.

One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
Mailed check earlier today.

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the interest shown. I would urge everyone to buy the tickets ASAP. Especially for the buffalo hunt. There is a massive amount of interest in the buffalo hunt.

As of this moment, we have just issued the first number for the buffalo hunt auction. It is to Buzz Charlton. Thank you Buzz.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me add that we now have Pay Pal.