THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Raffles for the Benefit of Phillip Smythe- elephant hunt added
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raffles for the Benefit of Phillip Smythe- elephant hunt added
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can you provide the pay pay details

Posts: 170 | Location: Vero Beach Florida | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cnm123:

PM me your e mail address

Posts: 11998 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Let me add that we now have Pay Pal.

E-mail address used for Paypal?

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
quote:
Let me add that we now have Pay Pal.

E-mail address used for Paypal?

PM me your e mail address.

Posts: 11998 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We appreciate every single contribution. However, we MUST have information. Please identify which raffle and provide complete contact information.

Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The AWCC has been approached by a very reputable operator in Zim about a donation of a non-trophy elephant hunt. Details to follow.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Larry, PM sent.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13404 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Larry. Just bought six tix for the Bots buff hunt, ten for the SD pheasant hunt and ten for the hog hunt at your place.

If I win the latter, I hope you won't mind a repeat performance.

I have hunted before with Larry on his ranch in Florida. (I won an AR-hosted raffle a couple of years ago for the benefit of then-injured PH Bossie Mostert.)

Larry and his lovely wife are consummate hosts, and the hog hunting is par excellence.

I believe, if memory serves, that I shot four hogs in one day, without really trying. Larry has tons of hogs on his place, and many well-placed feeders that entice them within range of well-situated blinds.

Thank you, Larry, for your laudable efforts in this matter. And thank you, Saeed, for hosting and facilitating these efforts.

And, of course, best wishes to Phillip and his family. I hope this money helps, and the doctors deliver wondrous results!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13404 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Great.

Just got two tickets for the Botswana raffle.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Thanks, Larry. Just bought six tix for the Bots buff hunt, ten for the SD pheasant hunt and ten for the hog hunt at your place.

If I win the latter, I hope you won't mind a repeat performance.

I have hunted before with Larry on his ranch in Florida. (I won an AR-hosted raffle a couple of years ago for the benefit of then-injured PH Bossie Mostert.)

Larry and his lovely wife are consummate hosts, and the hog hunting is par excellence.

I believe, if memory serves, that I shot four hogs in one day, without really trying. Larry has tons of hogs on his place, and many well-placed feeders that entice them within range of well-situated blinds.

Thank you, Larry, for your laudable efforts in this matter. And thank you, Saeed, for hosting and facilitating these efforts.

And, of course, best wishes to Phillip and his family. I hope this money helps, and the doctors deliver wondrous results!

Mike:

We would gladly have you back.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cnm123:

PM me your e mail address

PM sent

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An elephant hunt has been added above

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Phillip died last night .
Even in a profession stacked with unique, highly competent individuals, Phillip stood tall !

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is sad.

I pray for wife and children.

Posts: 234 | Location: Northern Ontario | Registered: 25 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terrible news of his passing.

Larry, does the organization incur fees with PayPal? If so I'll send a check instead.

Posts: 1427 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes. We do incur fees with Pay Pal.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I’m not so sure, but PayPal fees can be averted if it is designated as a gift.

Mr. Shores, please send me a PM and I’ll send something.

I hope 2021 will be much better.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3434 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m not so sure, but PayPal fees can be averted if it is designated as a gift.

My understanding is that if you choose "Friends and Family" with PayPal they will add the fees to your total. Of course, if you do this when buying something and do not receive it, you will have no recourse through PayPal. Speaking generally here, not about these raffles.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Paypal "friends and family", No fees.

Paypal "goods and services", 3% fee.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Larry, I’ve been away on a sheep hunt, as you know. In light of Phil’s passing, will these continue for the benefit of his family? I don’t want to assume, but if so, I’ll contribute. Dan

Posts: 3860 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
Larry, I’ve been away on a sheep hunt, as you know. In light of Phil’s passing, will these continue for the benefit of his family? I don’t want to assume, but if so, I’ll contribute. Dan

Thanks Dan.

He has large medical bills outstanding . He has a pregnant wife and two small children .

All funds raised are going to the family .

Let me add that the first transfer will happen next week.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:

Thanks Dan.

He has large medical bills outstanding . He has a pregnant wife and two small children .

All funds raised are going to the family .

Let me add that the first transfer will happen next week.

Got it, thanks! I’ll get right on this.

Dan

Posts: 3860 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:
Paypal "friends and family", No fees.

Paypal "goods and services", 3% fee.

I wasn’t given the option yesterday, but willing to transfer funds to cover whatever service fee incurred.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3434 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

We have collected a bit over $12,000 through PayPal. The fees were approximately $400.

It isn’t the end of the world

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Larry, What was collected thru DSC And any idea of the medical costs ?

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2262 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Larry, What was collected thru DSC And any idea of the medical costs ?

I do not know on either question.

Nine days in intensive care has to be expensive.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As of Thursday, DSC had collected $10,800.

One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
Thank you Larry,

Check sent.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone who has participated.

We have had a lot inquiries for which we have not gotten a request for a ticket.

I have not been in the office since Tuesday. My info may not be up to date. We have at least two people who have sent money in some form or fashion who have NOT sent any contact info . PLEASE send your contact info if you choose to participate.

We have several who have sent money that have NOT specified which raffle in which they wish to participate . In retrospect, perhaps the raffles should have been priced such that they could not be mistaken.

We still have plenty of tickets available, particularly for those items other than the Botswana Buffalo hunt .

We are going to make the first transfer tomorrow .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want to follow up on something I posted last night.

We have received money from quite a few people who have either failed to tell us which raffle they wish to participate or failed to give us contact information.

If you choose to participate, please make sure that all information requested has been provided. Also tell us which raffles you are interested in.

Thanks!

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good stuff Larry. You are the man.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9876 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

Good stuff Larry. You are the man.

Thanks Andrew.

That is what DSC has collected. The AWCC has collected far more. I'll post some info later in the week. We are buried with work right now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got a report texted to me from one of my assistants. I have not yet verified .

The following is what was reported to me as sold:

Buffalo 119 out of 150

Shotgun 6 out of 100

Hog hunt 30 out of 250

Pheasant hunt 17 out of 250

Elephant 3 thus far.

Keep in mind that this changes constantly.

We have collected $2,650 that we have absolutely no idea what they want to purchase.

I would have to guess that the buffalo hunt will sell out. If and when the buffalo hunt sells out, we may have the drawing for the buff earlier than the stated date.

One more thing. If this goes well, we may well have another round. We have been offered some very interesting hunts.

Thanks all!

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just got a report texted to me from one of my assistants. I have not yet verified .

The following is what was reported to me as sold:

Buffalo 119 out of 150

Shotgun 6 out of 100

Hog hunt 30 out of 250

Pheasant hunt 17 out of 250

Elephant 0 thus far.

Keep in mind that this changes constantly.

We have collected $2,650 that we have absolutely no idea what they want to purchase.

I would have to guess that the buffalo hunt will sell out. If and when the buffalo hunt sells out, we may have the drawing for the buff earlier than the stated date.

One more thing. If this goes well, we may well have another round. We have been offered some very interesting hunts.

Thanks all!

Larry when I grow up I want to be like you.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9876 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have a few more this morning. We have resolved most of the unknown items . Not all but most.

I am hoping that the Buffalo is sold out today or tomorrow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The first transfer to the family has been sent.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for doing all this!

I know I sent money first for a buff and then few hours later for a Ele ticket, and got my number for the buff but not the ele.

I know you said the office was closed over the holidays. Just hoping to help clear any missing info.

Posts: 134 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazy_farmer:
Thanks for doing all this!

I know I sent money first for a buff and then few hours later for a Ele ticket, and got my number for the buff but not the ele.

I know you said the office was closed over the holidays. Just hoping to help clear any missing info.

Thank you sir. I can assure you that the numbers will be issued shortly .

The first few days after year end are a nightmare for us on an annual basis . I have had my office manager running crazy trying to sort out certain things for my year end . Clients are running me ragged.

In addition, it has taken immense amounts of time trying to sort out this raffle . We have several with no contact info provided. Others have not indicated which raffle they were interested in. We have some that just make no sense . For example, someone sent $20 with no explanation. No raffle ticket is $20.

I apologize. They will be issued soon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Larry, we need to talk sometime as we have some mutual friends in Zim

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MLindsay:
Thank you so much Larry, we need to talk sometime as we have some mutual friends in Zim

Interesting. Who would that be ?