New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jaguar Hunting???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there still jaguar hunting? Someone told me Bolivia and Ecuador still had it...but I've never heard of anyone hunting them in the last 20 years or so.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Many jaguars are still being hunted in Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, etc. The locals farmers hunt them with dogs to protect their cattle. Most of the ranchs will have a "tigre" skin in their main house. The hunt is not allowed so the only chance is to become friend of a local farmer and spent enough time to find one of those big cats.

I think that only Bolivia gives a few licenses for them but they are very rare and only for local farmers and for a given "problem" animal.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I have a friend in Bolivia who hunt jaguars in his ranch ,but i believe the desforestation in one of two years will destroy all the amazon jungle in Bolivia where they are croping soin beam ,the same in Argentina and Brazil .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote