The Accurate Reloading Forums
billinthewild in Argentina

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/994107165/m/721104668

19 May 2008, 17:33
juanpozzi
billinthewild in Argentina
Bill finished hes 4th or 5th safari here mhe was hunting with me and Guillermo a lot ,we hunted doves,partriges-its a wonderfull season many many birds-and we killed a russian boar of aprox 300kilos ,many foxes and hares but ill let him mae a complete report il post photos later.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-
19 May 2008, 19:40
Mary Hilliard-Krueger
Looking forward to the pictures and Bills account of the adventures!

Taxidermist/Rugmaker
20 May 2008, 00:46
juanpozzi
THE BOAR WAS PURE LUCKY ,we were having dinner -an asado of ribs-and the administrator of a farm 5 kms south of mine called because a huge boar was destroying his cropland ,next mourning we were there and the boar was near a domestic sow ,we run a bit with the dogs and catched it ,.....the rest is for Bill.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
20 May 2008, 03:26
Afrikaander
Come on, Juan !!!

Tell us something until Bill reaches his PC at his house wave ... knife or gun ? knife 2020 Cool

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.
20 May 2008, 04:06
nainital
What is this?. Looking forward to the new deeds of Bill the Knife... Big Grin
20 May 2008, 04:23
Guillermo Amestoy
quote:
Originally posted by Afrikaander:
Come on, Juan !!!

Tell us something until Bill reaches his PC at his house wave ... knife or gun ? knife 2020 Cool

As do you said "until Bill reaches his PC " wait for the "Viejo gringo" full report, but in the meaning time try this trivia:

what type of gun do you think that he used in a Hunt conducted by Juanito......

A-Dogs
B-Edge weapons
C-Firearm

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"
20 May 2008, 04:28
SGraves155
Dogs--for sure if Juan was there!
Knife--probably not on a 300kg boar!
Gun--did Bill have his pistol there?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09
20 May 2008, 05:02
Afrikaander
quote:
Originally posted by Guillermo Amestoy:
quote:
Originally posted by Afrikaander:
Come on, Juan !!!

As do you said "until Bill reaches his PC " wait for the "Viejo gringo" full report, but in the meaning time try this trivia:

what type of gun do you think that he used in a Hunt conducted by Juanito......

A-Dogs
B-Edge weapons
C-Firearm

For what I know, it can perfectly be (and surely was !) A, B and C !!! Cool Big Grin thumb

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.
20 May 2008, 10:19
billinthewild
Thanks to all of you for your patience and interest. wave See my latest new post.... knife

My weapons of choice are my Rigid Bowie.... knife or my Muela Bowie. knife

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt
29 May 2008, 00:10
juanpozzi
Fox killed at nigth with spotligth and buckshot,i have many many photos of Bill hunting and ill post them later.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
30 May 2008, 06:23
juanpozzi
MORE PARTRIGES

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
30 May 2008, 08:33
billinthewild
Hunting perdiz is a joy. Walking across the bright green fields on a wonderful autumn day, with the dogs working out front. Suddenly, from under your feet (it seems that way) out buzzes the bird, totally unseen until he decides to get out of Dodge. And for dinner the way Juan and Flavia prepare them it is truly one of nature's bountiful gifts. I can now understand why it is Juan's favorite form of wing shooting.

Theodore Roosevelt
30 May 2008, 17:47
nainital
Hunting perdiz with a good dog, one that knows his work, is a thing of beauty Anyway, I liked to hunt them without a dog, that is, zigzagging in the field, almost kicking the birds out of cover. This way it resembles sporting clays...and it´s much more difficult. beer
01 June 2008, 02:49
billinthewild
quote:
Originally posted by nainital:
Hunting perdiz with a good dog, one that knows his work, is a thing of beauty Anyway, I liked to hunt them without a dog, that is, zigzagging in the field, almost kicking the birds out of cover. This way it resembles sporting clays...and it´s much more difficult. beer

That is pretty muhc what we did as the dogs are Labs, not pointers, even though Africa has a great nose for finding the birds. The biggest benefit with the dogs is retrieving downed birds. With her we did not lose one. thumb

Theodore Roosevelt
01 June 2008, 07:20
yukon delta
Bill, I would like to visit with you sometime about your trips to Juan's place.